The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Rapira Swedish Steel (4th use)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - Orange & Frankincense (w/ Hemp Oil)
Brush: TSC Member Brush - The "Luca Brasi" - in Finest Badger by Eric Sorrentino
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Figaro - Monsieur

Back with the CBL Orange & Frankincense w/ Hemp Oil...and I still love it! I forgot how good the post shave feel and all the moisturizing affects on this soap are! Just amazing! My face felt super smooth and not dried out the entire day! Just a wonderful soap! The Rapira Sweedish Steel is going strong. I might just see how long this one can go instead of tossing it at the end of the week!

The Danger Zone:

Thanks for putting up with me yesterday guys! So it's been a little crazy lately and the craziness will continue. My mother closes on her house today, so hopefully by the end of the weekend she will be moved in to her house and moved out of mine...I want my bathroom back! But my aunt is coming in from out of town to help my mom. Then my sis-in-law is coming in from Pennsylvania to help out her mom. My Mother-in-Law is having ankle surgery...something about doing a snip and tuck on an tendon in her ankle and then breaking a few bones and resetting them. Then there is all the Christmas hoopla! I'm starting to feel like Clark Griswold! I mean...I did go through a ceiling already!

Hope the Cadre has a wonderful day! The weekend is right around the corner!

I like the craziness. So when you get the bathroom back you will record the Graham Field shave right?

Hoping things slow down for you soon Don! Sounds like you need your fortress of solitude shave den back for sure!

My Mother-in-Law is having ankle surgery...something about doing a snip and tuck on an tendon in her ankle and then breaking a few bones and resetting them.

OUCH! That does not sound like fun at all!

Mom's moving out? That explains the feeling that you are on the cusp of a life changing change in direction. Then again Clark Griswold thing explains it too.

Well at least it sounds like all those extra people will be staying with other family!

Man Don, you do have a lot going on. I hope the MIL surgery goes well and your normal comes back soon. Oh BTW, I checked out that podcast on the way to work this morning.

Thanks all for reading and responding! It at least validates the reason why I do a journal!

Man Don, you do have a lot going on. I hope the MIL surgery goes well and your normal comes back soon. Oh BTW, I checked out that podcast on the way to work this morning.

Awesome! I know it is a bit long and I also understand that it may not be for everyone. But man...it was just really good! Tim...you will have to let me know if you liked it or not!

Hey Don, I started listening to the first episode of Dr. Paul Attia’s podcast. You weren’t kidding when you said they were a little long! Good stuff so far though, especially the first episode. I can relate very much to the subject matter and have already learned a thing or two about myself just from listening. Thanks for the recommendation!

They are long...but I listen to them on my ride into work or to home and during my walks at lunch. So I can get through one in a day...most of the time. But level on knowledge is just amazing!

I have an hour drive each way, to and from work. So I have time. The one I listened to was interesting, I’ll have to listen to more.

Let's nip this in the butt and say we have a unique set of members at the TSC. ?

Hoping you get that AH HA! moment in your life. I am sure myself and others are feeling the same way. We could follow Dave's route and just go all in and be barbers. Crossed my mind at some point.

Back