The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Awesome Soap base indeed! I wish there was more available in that base than just Dragon's Blood.

I know that I am known as the weird guy on TSC, and I am okay with that. It makes me who I am, right?
I thought I was the weird guy on TSC?

I am on the verge of making a very important realization in my life or a very important decision for my life...I just don't have any idea what it is yet. I am not sure if it will be today, tomorrow, next week, month, year, etc. But it's right there...I can feel it.

That's an interesting statement. Very decisively indecisive.

I know it's kind of an off statement...but there is something positive going on in my life right now and I just can't put my finger on it! And I know that when I come to the realization of what it is...it will be life changing!

Wait you're the weird guy? Oh, I thought it was me. Whoo, I was worried.

First off. How do you like the Rapria Swedish Steel?

(Oh, man. Here is that uppity New Yorker again.). Might have to change my signature to that.

Let me clear something up about Hemp Oil and Hemp Vs. Marijuana. If that is the concern. I don't mean to be controversial or challenge one's reasons for not participating in Marijuana as a class 1 Drug.

Though Hemp and Marijuana are both parts of the Cannabis family they are two completely different substances. Hemp is more of an industrial fabric that actually has a lot of health benefits but contains trace amounts of THC (less than .03%). THC, as we know, is the psychoactive portion of cannabis. It has zero psychedelic effects on the brain and body.
Marijuana has between 5-20% THC with some strands going up to 35%.

I am not condoning or condemning the use of Marijuana Everyone can have their own rights and beliefs. I am just pointing out the differences between the two substances.

As far as shaving Hemp oil in a shave soap, it regenerates and energizes the skin's layers.

Good Job Chris for being forward thinking and putting this in your product.

" Industrial hemp fiber is viable for many uses, including artificial sponges, burlap, cable, canvas, linens and clothing, paper, rope, twine, string, and yarn. Moreover, its roots and seeds produce oil that can be used for medicinal purposes, hold nutritional value for human consumption, and can be used in the production of paints, varnishes, and soaps."

Don your on the Hemp stuff and getting all weird again. JK, I don’t think you’re weird. I may have to check out that podcast, but I may wait just a bit and see if you start a cult first ? Oh BTW, great shave!

Other Don, you are weird. But that is a good thing in my book.

Talking about a life change after listening to Apollo Ohno, you must be quitting your job to be a speed skater.

Wait you\'re the weird guy? Oh, I thought it was me. Whoo, I was worried. \n\nFirst off. How do you like the Rapria Swedish Steel? \n\n(Oh, man. Here is that uppity New Yorker again.). Might have to change my signature to that. \n\nLet me clear something up about Hemp Oil and Hemp Vs. Marijuana. If that is the concern. I don\'t mean to be controversial or challenge one\'s reasons for not participating in Marijuana as a class 1 Drug.\n\nThough Hemp and Marijuana are both parts of the Cannabis family they are two completely different substances. Hemp is more of an industrial fabric that actually has a lot of health benefits but contains trace amounts of THC (less than .03%). THC, as we know, is the psychoactive portion of cannabis. It has zero psychedelic effects on the brain and body. \nMarijuana has between 5-20% THC with some strands going up to 35%.\n\nI am not condoning or condemning the use of Marijuana Everyone can have their own rights and beliefs. I am just pointing out the differences between the two substances. \n\nAs far as shaving Hemp oil in a shave soap, it regenerates and energizes the skin\'s layers.\n\nGood Job Chris for being forward thinking and putting this in your product.\n\n\" Industrial hemp fiber is viable for many uses, including artificial sponges, burlap, cable, canvas, linens and clothing, paper, rope, twine, string, and yarn. Moreover, its roots and seeds produce oil that can be used for medicinal purposes, hold nutritional value for human consumption, and can be used in the production of paints, varnishes, and soaps.\"\n
\n\nFirst of all...thank you for the well thought out post. I know I appreciate it. Secondly...I am for the research and use of marijuana, hem, and hemp oil for certain uses. I won\'t get into that. But there are some people here on TSC that hold certain jobs that while the risk is so minute or may not even be there...they choose not to use hemp oil because...IF...something did happen, it would catastrophic to their families and/or careers. I can definitely respect that. But pretty much agree with everything you have said. Thanks again for the post!

You're not weird. I like you the way you are. I know you're busy but I miss your videos. Hope things settle down for you soon.

Yeah...the videos...I have a love hate relationship with them. I have some ideas with redoing the format...but I have to figure it out first.

Other Don, you are weird. But that is a good thing in my book.

Talking about a life change after listening to Apollo Ohno, you must be quitting your job to be a speed skater.

No...no speed skating. This feeling I have started a couple of weeks ago...so it isn't solely on the Apolo Ohno podcast. But it was inspiring!

Thanks again all of you for reading and commenting...and especially for putting up with my kookieness!

Back