The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

I know I know.

I have seen the reports of positive effect. In Sweden they have infants nap outside in the winter and in Siberia elementary kids go outside in their underwear and put a bucket of ice over their heads to help boost their immune system.

Ok. I am in. Let’s give it a shot. But I better dial in 911 into my phone and leave it by the shower.

Ice soaks on my legs have helped immensely after officiating. Especially after running on the hardwood floors.

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Rapira Swedish Steel (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans - Choco Cubano
Brush: TSC Member Brush in Finest Badger...the "Luca Brasi"
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Ariana & Evans - Choco Cubano

FINALLY! I have been wanting to shave with soap since I received it in the mail a couple of weeks ago. But I wanted to pull some samples from it and I was out of tape for my label maker and...and...and...FINALLY!!! The scent on this is very nice. While the chocolate is on the forefront of this scent...it isn't the only thing going on. Hints of brightness and earth really up the sophistication of this soap in a big way! This is definitely a scent that is the total sum of it's parts. Every note working in concert with each other to make a very pleasurable scent. Other than the Chocolate...it might be hard to distinguish each element of scent on this...but that is a good thing with this soap. Fro A&E abut their scent:

"Notes: Bergamot, tangerine, vanilla, fig, chocolate truffle, incense, cedar, sandalwood and tobacco."

Just take it from me...it's a really good scent!

The loading this particular soap reminds me some of the soaps that get a little gooey or almost gel like before the lather. The lather itself is fantastic...easy to make and man...when it is on the face...it feels good...it feels smooth. More so than others. Not sure if I just haven't shaved with an A&E soap in a while or this particular batch is s
pectacular! Either way, this was an excellent shave! Three passes and a cleanup and I am feeling smoother than most of my shaves. I even got my neck halfway smooth!

A couple glugs of the aftershave and man I am feeling good! A quick not on A&E aftershaves. When first splashed on I get a warm tinge from it...much like I am going to have a bad reaction to it. But it then goes away pretty quick. Not sure what is in it that my face doesn't like...but it's nothing to really write home about. I am digging this scent so much that before I go out the door for work...I will be splashing on a couple more glugs!

The Danger Zone:

Another cold shower for me today and I am really starting to like how I feel afterward. Not much going on today other than it is Friday. I packed up five boxes/envelopes last night. These are things that I have promised people of the Cadre over the last month and have failed to deliver. If you are waiting for something from me...It is going out today! This weekend I will be wrapping packages for my exchange buddy. And I am hoping he/she likes it!

I really hope that today is the begining of a wonderful weekend for the Cadre

....A&E aftershaves. When first splashed on I get a warm tinge from it...much like I am going to have a bad reaction to it. But it then goes away pretty quick...I will be splashing on a couple more glugs!....
Cut it with some Fine Snake Bite the next time.
1f60e.png

Nice shave Don! That soap sounds pretty interesting, although I don't know how I feel about the chocolate note. Might make me hungry. I could see myself taking a snack break after my second pass ???

Nice shave Don! That soap sounds pretty interesting, although I don't know how I feel about the chocolate note. Might make me hungry. I could see myself taking a snack break after my second pass
1f923.png
1f602.png
1f923.png

Yeah...my wife says it smells like Easter Candy...but she isn't complaining!

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Rapira Swedish Steel (2nd use)
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans - Choco Cubano
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Ariana & Evans - Choco Cubano

Another shave with Choco Cubano and I am loving this. I don't know what it is about this scent that I really love...but I just do. I wouldn't think that a chocolate forward scent would be something I would enjoy this much...but I do! I had a lot of compliment on Friday at work so I know the aftershave projects a good pit. I was catching drifts of scent all day long also...so longevity is there. The soap is really a joy to work with. Solid Tier 1 performer bordering on Elite status...it might be there for some people...and to tell you the truth...I am not sure what is really keeping it out of Elite for me. It just seems to be a fraction of a step down. Either way it is some really good stuff!

The Danger Zone:

Cold showers at the end seem to be getting a little bit longer and I am really starting to enjoy these. Not in the moment obviously. But I like I so much alert for most of the day and that the brain is just "on it."

I have been having these hip pains lately that have been a little uncomfortable. I t doesn't feel like anything super serious...it definitely feels muscular more than anything. If I had to guess I would say that it is my hip flexor muscle. The pain is now in my lower back also which makes since because those muscle groups are connected. The discomfort has been waking me up around three in the morning so I decided to go to the doctor. She wants me to go see an orthopedists. I know I probably should...but I am going to delay for a bit and see if I can stretch this thing out a bit. If I don't make any progress by mid January, then I will get on the appointment log.

Really hope the Cadre has a wonderful Monday to start this week out right!

Sounds like that soap is treating you well.

Hopefully the hip starts to mend. But don't delay too much going to the doc.

Sounds like you need a good butt massage. Tell the wife the doc ordered it!

Back