The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

I kinda like that Jack Frost Scent. I know a lot of people don't. Although, Saint Charles Shave's Jack Frost is better (but I don't think they make that one anymore.)

Both will be in my post-turkey day rotation.

You got kicked out of your den?! How will you get away with using the good towels now?

I kinda like that Jack Frost Scent. I know a lot of people don't. Although, Saint Charles Shave's Jack Frost is better (but I don't think they make that one anymore.)

Both will be in my post-turkey day rotation.

I'm not sure why a lot of people don't like it either. Some of the same people who don't like Jack Frost...do like CC North. To me...it's a very similar scent!

Wow kicked out of your own den. You need a traveling DR bag for a roaming stash. Or one of those suitcases on wheels like the sales people use.

Taking note that Don and KJ disagreed
1f608.png
Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2nd Use)
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery - Jack Frost
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Fine L'Orange Noir

No Pic today gents...Again...and Again...and Again...and Again...and Again...and Again...and Again

Yup! Same soap again. Okay at this point I might be determined to see this one out. It will be only the second soap/cream I will have completed. The first being a tub of TOBS Mr. Taylor. Anyway...I did a three pass shave today with two passes going north to south and the final pass going south to north. It's about as comfortable of a shave that one can have. It's close enough...and I am happy with it. Yesterday I ended up with some irritation that I was expecting...so i am just trying to calm down the hair follicles.

The Danger Zone:

You guys are a hoot! Seriously...you guys make me smile with what you post in this thread sometimes! Which brings me to something. I know I don't respond to comments as much as I should. I'll try to get better, but I just want you all to know that I read every comment posted in this thread. I really appreciate the encouragement, or the criticism. And I really enjoy the banter! So just know that I really appreciate what you guys post in here.

I am listening to a super exciting podcast right now...it's about Cholesterol! I told you it was super exciting. It's really amazing all the scientific discoveries, changes, and evidence in the field of lipidology, yet much of the science hasn't found it's what to many medical professionals quite yet. A lot of this goes over my head...but the podcast stops and "dumbs it down" so the lay person can understand it. I really never did well ij science, and I credit that with the crappy science curriculum I had during middle and high schools. When I got to college...science really didn't interest me because of the struggles I had earlier. If I could do it all over again...I would have tried harder as I am finding that our metabolism and the different delivery systems in our bodies are just amazing.

One more day closer to Turkey Day! And I pray that the cadre is doing well! Have a great Tuesday y'all!

Thanks for the update Don. Like you, I don't always respond..... but I do read every single post on this forum.

Your Journal is definitely appreciated.... even if you do use the same products every day...... and you still forgot how cameras work.......
1f602.png

I applaud you looking into the inner workings of the body and understanding how food interacts with our bodies. I'm too lazy to get into all of that.

Back