The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (3rd Use)
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery - Jack Frost
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Avon Everest

No Pic today gents...Again...and Again...and Again.

Before I get started, I need to make a shout out to one of our Cadre members. Dave in KY seems to see fit that if there is something that he isn't crazy about...then he sends it to someone else who might! I received over the weekend a package from Dave that contained a full bottle of Avon Everest with the original box included. Everest may be may favorite Avon scent...it's kind of a toss up between that and Bravo...but Bravo is REALLY hard to find. Anyway...he said it wasn't to his liking and knew that I liked it...so...voila! I went ahead and pulled out a soap I hadn't used in quite a while. JAck Frost by Sudsy Soapery. This was a seasonal scent of theirs a couple years ago and I hadn't seen it since. It likely didn't have a lot of takers, hence why I picked up on a penny sale they ran. I opened the tub this morning and was super surprised that I am nearing empty on this soap. So I might go ahead and try to finish it this winter season! If you are curious what it smells like...I get a lot of conifer, a little citrus, and a bit of menthol. There might be something else in here...but that's what I get. Everest is a great aftershave. To me it begins as an outdoory type of scent with some pine...but then settles into something sweet and a maybe a little earthy and musky. Like I said...one of my favorites.

The Shave itself was a no-brainer...two paces and light cleanup. Didn't feel like chasing today and really don't care if my neck is a little rough. Afterall I am the only one who will notice it.

The Danger Zone:

The wife was sick most of the weekend. I think it was her last cold that might have fell do
rmant for a couple of days. That or she caught another one right after she got better from her last one. Either way...she is feeling a "little" bit better.

I know it is still football season, but I am excited to go see LSU's basketball team tonight. They are playing Memphis and this is one of their better out of conference games. LSU had a top 10 recruiting class this year and I am excited to see some of these Five Star guys play.

I hope the Cadre has a wonderful day today!

Very nice Don. I was not a fan of the Jack Frost scent. I pifed it to someone not sure who though.

I too am excited about college basketball. The Runnin Utes lost last night, they need to figure out their rotation. But fans here are hopeful that they will make the big dance and not be stuck in the NIT this year. I am hopeful but not expecting a deep run that's for sure.

I was looking at the LSU team and I think they might face bench problems but the starting 5 should be able to come out and put on a show for fans. Should be a fun season for Tigers fans.

Very nice Don. I was not a fan of the Jack Frost scent. I pifed it to someone not sure who though.

I too am excited about college basketball. The Runnin Utes lost last night, they need to figure out their rotation. But fans here are hopeful that they will make the big dance and not be stuck in the NIT this year. I am hopeful but not expecting a deep run that's for sure.

I was looking at the LSU team and I think they might face bench problems but the starting 5 should be able to come out and put on a show for fans. Should be a fun season for Tigers fans.

You might be right Chad on the bench issues. But believe it or not...LSU has more depth this year than last. There are high expectations this year. I'm not getting my hopes up too much...but I am optimistic. A tournament appearance this year would be huge...eespecially if the can make it out of the first two rounds.

I'm interested to see what happens next year though. At least one of our starting Freshman is one and done...and maybe two. Tremont Waters our PG is gone after this year for the NBA and our senior guard is graduating. So it will be interesting to see how the roster fill up.

But I'm excited to see how it all pans out.

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (4th Use)
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery - Jack Frost
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Fine Lavender Pour Homme

No Pic today gents...Again...and Again...and Again...and Again.

Pretty much the same shave today as yesterday, except the blade is one shave less sharper and I switched out the aftershave to a scent I ALWAYS get compliments on. I wear this scent year round, but for some reason I think of this is a fall or winter scent. Not sure why exactly, but it just is. Anyway...a nice smooth shave. Nothing really to right home about, just a really comfortable shave that I didn't have to think too much about!

The Danger Zone:

The wife feels better but now she has a really awful cough, albeit productive.

This last half of the month is really going to be a tough one. A lot I HAVE to get done and fewer days to get it done than I normally have. It's one of those things. If anyone is to blame it's myself...but can't really think on that right now. I just have to do the work.

Had a pretty good time last night. There was a good sized crowd considering that 1.) it is still football season, 2.) it was a mid-week game, and 3.) it's only the third game of the season. Either way...the
re was a good crowd. LSU won by nine points and I got to see some players that wont be at LSU very long.

It's HUMP DAY and I hope the Cadre absolutely crushes the res of the week!

Nice shave Don. Now nose to the grindstone Donald James Doner !!!! ???
Glad the misses is feeling better although I despise the lingering cough worse then the cold itself

It is that time of year for sure. Just got the schedule sent out for when I have to write year end evaluations for the people I manage. With my team increasing in size this year iti s going to be time intensive for sure.

Glad LSU picked up the W for ya. Saw all the pics, that campus is on my bucket list. I hope one day you can take me to a game.

Glad LSU picked up the W for ya. Saw all the pics, that campus is on my bucket list. I hope one day you can take me to a game.

If you make it here, I will make sure you get to a game that is season appropriate! During football season it's really going to depend on the game. You can get most tickets for most games...but Alabama games are really hard to get and can run as much as a $1000 sometimes. But yeah...we will get to a game for sure!

If you make it here, I will make sure you get to a game that is season appropriate! During football season it's really going to depend on the game. You can get most tickets for most games...but Alabama games are really hard to get and can run as much as a $1000 sometimes. But yeah...we will get to a game for sure!

A couple weeks back after talking to you, I actually looked at airfare. That is the real bugger! Perhaps I wasn't looking at the right airport to fly into but the prices seemed really high.

Sorry to hear your wife is still dealing with the crud. Hopefully after this she'll make it though the holidays in good health.

Consistent good shaves, that’s what that is!

Glad health on the home front is improving. End of year is going to be busy for me too with all the special events and services that happen on our grounds. We’ll be commiserating in solidarity!

A couple weeks back after talking to you, I actually looked at airfare. That is the real bugger! Perhaps I wasn't looking at the right airport to fly into but the prices seemed really high.

Baton Rouge Airport (BTR) is the closest...but usually not the cheapest. New Orleans (MSY) will likely be your best bet. It's only an hour drive to BR and a MUCH bigger airport. Just don't fly anytime near Mardi Gras ...unless you wanted to go to Mardi Gras that is.

Houston can be an option and is likely much cheaper than the others...but you either need to get another flight to BR or rent a car. It's only about a four hour drive to BR.

Back