The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Nice shave Don--the Oz Shaving Co. soap sounds interesting. I'll have to put it on the to try list.

The polls were busy in Michigan as well--all across the country, as you say. Good to see. Michigan had a couple of larger items on the ticket, including a governor race and recreational marijuana legalization (it passed), so that could be part of it as well. Plus, my neighbor got elected to the school board. My one yard sign was worth it--Woo hoo!
1f605.png

Following along on these OZ shaving opinions. INterest is piqued.

Chad, I have the sampler, and immediately thought of you when I smelled Tornadic. It is a fresh, clean, linen (dryer sheet?) kind of smell.

Chad, I have the sampler, and immediately thought of you when I smelled Tornadic. It is a fresh, clean, linen (dryer sheet?) kind of smell.

OH MY!!!! Well I know what one I will be looking at after you and Don run them through the ringer.

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2nd Use)
Soap/Cream: Oz Shaving Co. - Foxville
Brush: TSC Member Brush - Luca Brasi - with Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Oz Shaving Co. - Foxville

No Pic today gents...Again...and Again

Third Shave with the Foxville scent from Oz Shaving Co. and tomorrow will likely by my last shave with it before my final review. I went ahead and bowl lathered this morning and I tested the limits of hydration. I went VERY far with the amount of water I introduced. I finally got to the point where I thought that any more might ruin the lather...so I stopped. I might do a test lather tonight to actually see how much it takes to break it. But I ended up with a slick lather that was slightly loose but still held form. I got a good shave from it...but to be honest...I think it performs better when it has less water. Not that there was anything wrong with how it performed today...I just think that it performs a little better when it is less hydrated. If I had to grade this soap on today's shave alone...I wouldn't be all that impressed. But I am not and I have several shaves under my belt with Foxville. In the end I had a very nice shave...no cuts, nicks, or weepers to report. I am still trying to figure out a way to describe this post shave feel. It just has a different feeling to it.

The Danger Zone:

Okay...so on Halloween one of my coworkers decided to put a fake roach on everyone's keyboard. It was funny and all as some people got a bit of a startle. These plastic roaches look pretty real at first glance. I put it in my lunch box for future use at home. Fast forward to yesterday. I go to pack my lunch and I discover the roach that I forgot about. So what better time to play a trick on my wife than the present...right? So I placed it on our table right next to her purse. I pick up my lunch and head to work.
About half an hour later and still on the Interstate trying to get to work...my wife calls. "OH MY GOD, Don you are spraying tonight...the whole house! We are cleaning out cabinets and you are spraying for bugs! I just can't handle this!" Please insert expletives in the quotes where you see fit, because that actual translation is not fit for our family friendly TSC. Of course I start laughing. "Why are you laughing? You know I don't like spiders and cockroaches! Why are you laughing?" I go ahead and interject, "Richelle, That was a plastic bug." I kid you not...the phone fell silent for about 20 seconds. "OH MY GOD! Donald James Doner! (This was when I knew I was in trouble) I cannot believe you did that! Why would you do that to me? We are going to have a talk tonight mister!" The phone went dead. I love it when she thinks she is going to scold or discipline me like a little kid...it just turns out hilarious. I found out later that what had happened was that my wife came out of the bedroom not entirely ready for work but had to grab something out of her purse. I guess she saw the roach and stood several feet away from it. She was scrambling looking for something to kill it with and was hoping that it wouldn't scurry off. She grabbed a sandal and whacked it as hard as she could. She said when that happened, it jumped. Actually what happened was the force in which she whacked the fake bug made it fly into the air! She got some paper towels to remove the offending insect and then commenced to bleach the table to prevent any kind of lethal disease or bacteria from spreading. Of course later we had a good laugh about it all!

I hope the cadre has a wonderful Thursday! We are getting closer to the weekend and I for one am looking forward to oit!

Lol! That brief moment in time while she’s telling the story and you’re waiting to tell her it’s fake. Priceless.

All 3 names in one go?! The only way this would be better is if you caught it on camera!

Go for round 2!

Edit: Nice attempt at garnering a new custom title but I like the one you got!

Lol great read Don! My wife usually doesn’t get phased by stuff like that except maybe a second or two, real or not.

LOL Don I got me a new custom title from my story and you did not! You however sir Keep using her good towels on the down low and hiding fake roaches we may all be asking for her to video your last rights.

Back