The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum Blue (2nd Use)
Soap/Cream: Beehive - Lime Margarita
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Avon Island Lime

No Pic today gents!

I finished off about a week of shaves with A Cold Day in Hell and I thought that this would be good time to go back to some samples that were given me. KJ gave me a sample of Bee Hive a while back and I decided that it was high time that I use it. I know that Chad and KJ both rave about this soap. I smeared the entire sample at the bottom of my Captain's Choice Tempest Lather bowl and loaded my brush from there. Despite a more firm texture of the soap...it loaded very easy. Building lather on my face was super easy and the lather really just creates itself almost. Three passes and a clean up and I came out with a great shave. I did get more weepers than I expected and in places that I don't usually. But the shave was a really smooth and almost effortless one. A couple quick observations about Beehive. First of all...it is ridiculously slick. I mean just stupid slick! It might even be the slickest soap I have tried to date...okay I won't go that far...but after a few more shaves...I just might! The other thing I noticed was that the residual slickness was amazing. Anytime I can go back with the razor and not add more lather...then it has good residual slickness. This was better than that. The jury is out on the post shave feel. My face is feeling a little dry...but I will reserve judgement until later in the day. All in all it was a really great shave. I finished up with some Avon Island Lime...my favorite lime aftershave...and I am feeling like a million bucks!

I hope the cadre has a wonderful Tuesday...just whatever you do today...make sure it is the best possible way you can do it!

Awesome Don

Thanks for reading Dave! Have you finally settled on an Avatar? I saw that in the span of about 30 minutes yesterday that you tried on about 20 of them!
1f60b.png

No, was looking for a replacement monkey for the one I've used for literally 10 years. Actually may go back to it but can't get it from hard drive to the new Chromebook yet ? Didn't mean to cause such a stir with so many ...

No, was looking for a replacement monkey for the one I've used for literally 10 years. Actually may go back to it but can't get it from hard drive to the new Chromebook yet
1f60b.png
Didn't mean to cause such a stir with so many ...

No stir at all! At first I thought it was one of the Three Stooges messing around with you! For a little bit there...every time I refreshed the page...you literally had a different avatar! It was very interesting!

No stir at all! At first I thought it was one of the Three Stooges messing around with you! For a little bit there...every time I refreshed the page...you literally had a different avatar! It was very interesting!
Yeah, I've always used a monkey/chimp on razor and my bike forums. Makes it hard when there's a resident monkey mascot already here.

Goat yoga and now sick. Hmmmmm

1f606.png

Hope you feel better Don. For me I get more rest at work than if I'm home with a house full of people. I've wanted to get a hammock for years and just put it out in my shop so that when I'm sick I can marinate out there in peace & quiet.

I love the fact that it is a pretty firm soap, in the tub, yet loads and lathers like many of the softer soaps. If I had my choice, I'd want all my soaps to be firm.

Great stuff Don. And I just love the fact that I can go to the local grocery store and pick that soap up!

Wow, look at you guys. I was brown sugar, but I also have a box of strawberry in the cabinet

Why does it feel like we're all hanging out in Don's living room and his wife sent him out for groceries?

Back