The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Grand Shave King Self Lubricating Razor
Blade: Super-Max Platinum (3rd Use)
Soap/Cream: The Club (Ariana & Evans) - Cold Day in Hell 2
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : The Club (Ariana & Evans) - Cold Day in Hell 2

Went with the same setup as yesterday. The only thing that changed was that I did a little bit of chasing. I probably did a little more than I should...but with the mild razor I think it was okay. What was the result? Probably the best DFS before you get to complete BBS! In other words a really great shave! I really liked this soap to begin with...but the more I use it...the more I REALLY like it. The first outing with this soap I probably didn't hydrate it enough. Yesterday I did a pretty good job at hydrating it...but it needed a little more. Today I really upped the water level and was rewarded with a stupid slick soap. In addition to slickness...this soap does a really good job with in shave protection. A nice glide across the face the razor really moves effortlessly. No skips, no jumps, no dragging at all. But this shave really excels at the post shave moisturizing/face feel. The past couple days I noticed and marveled at the face feel of my shaves six to eight hours later. Yup that's right...toward the end of the day, my face felt wonderful. I am not sure what it will take to keep this soap out of elite status...but I am looking for a reason. I'm not sure I am going to find one.

The Danger Zone:

I know I owe you guys a Goat Yoga explanation and I will try to get it to you all with pics as soon as I can.

The wife is starting to feel better after her cold/sinus infection...so that's a good thing.

Starting to walk at lunch time for work since the weather is really nice now. Increasing my bike rides at night and the wife has expressed interest in starting to ride her bike or take walks at night also. I am looking for a way to incorporate some weight training in my routine but man...I hate lifting weights. It's just so boring to me. But as I get older to maintain and maybe increase muscle mass is going to be important.

It's Hump Day Cadre! Make it the best Hump Day you can!

Milder razor? Your listed equipment hasn't been updated my friend. Great shave and efforts onnthe health front. I need to improve mine as my energy increases from getting slightly more sleep. You're motivating me........sorta ?

Milder razor? Your listed equipment hasn't been updated my friend. Great shave and efforts onnthe health front. I need to improve mine as my energy increases from getting slightly more sleep. You're motivating me........sorta
1f601.png

Oh Crap! I well..I guess I need to do a little editing!

Glad the DangerHouse is almost back to full strength!

Maybe you can get weighted belts for your walks and rides? Then you wouldn’t have to worry as much about actual lifting?

Glad the DangerHouse is almost back to full strength!

Maybe you can get weighted belts for your walks and rides? Then you wouldn’t have to worry as much about actual lifting?

That is definitely a good suggestion! Thanks!

Great shave and efforts onnthe health front. I need to improve mine as my energy increases from getting slightly more sleep. You're motivating me........sorta
1f601.png
Start slow. Only read about 3-4 people exercising, then work up until you're spending a good 30min reading about people exercising.

Nice shave and set up, Don. I really like the A&E soaps I've tried so far. Glad to hear that the wife is feeling better. Sinus infections can be a beatdown.

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum Blue (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: The Club (Ariana & Evans) - Cold Day in Hell 2
Brush: TSC Member Brush - The Luca Brasi by Eric Sorrentino
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : The Club (Ariana & Evans) - Cold Day in Hell 2

Did my final shave yesterday for my detailed review of A Cold Day in Hell 2. You can find the written and video review here:

written-video-review-the-club-ariana-evans-a-cold-day-in-hell-2-detailed-review

Not much to say about this soap that I haven't already said...but It's just a really good soap. It definitely makes it to my Top 10 and might even fight it's way to the Top 5. Yes...it's that good. My wife made a comment last night about the scent though. She said she liked it fine, but also said that there is a lot going on with it. I recited to her the scent notes and she reaffirmed that there was a lot going on with it! It's not a good or bad thing...it just is. I have shaved with it now for a week so something else is likely to get the call up tomorrow. I realized the other day that I have a sample from KJ of Beehive Soap. I completely forgot about that. So I might try to work with that tomorrow.

The Danger Zone:

The wife and I went to the 13th Gate last night. It's a "haunted house" of sorts. It's actually on a bunch of "best of" lists and is VERY well done. They hire actually actors for some of the performances and it's just a really good time. We didn't do the Escape Rooms last night but I think next year we will.

Here is a link if you all are interested: http://midnightproduction.com/

I hope the Cadre has a wonderful Mond
ay and a fantastic week ahead of them!

Kansas City has some of the best haunted houses, and I have been wanting to go to them for the past 10 years. I still have never made it. I'm always busy on the weekends and can never spare the time to go. Plus they are an hour and a half away form me, so it's a real commitment to go. Next Year, I'll go..... and I say that every year!

Looks like Don is 3017ing CDiH! ?

Glad you’re still loving it man. Glad you had a fun night out with the missus!

Back