The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

The Danger Hounds are dachshunds, right? I grew up with weenie dogs and we currently have one (my parents have three!). One thing I know for certain, they all love their momma. Watch your back, Don.
1f609.png

One weenie and lab mix ( I call her black dog...but her name is Allie...the weenie is Chauncey). We had another dachshund but she passed last Thanksgiving. I love my weenie dogs...they have personalities larger than life and they think they are big dogs. But yes...they all love their momma.

I love my weenie dogs...they have personalities larger than life and they think they are big dogs.
I grew up with dachshunds. Yes, they don’t realize how small they are.

Believe me...the kind of videos I make when I'm alone...you don't want me posting!

Uhhhhh..... no comment.

Lets just get Get with making some videos you can post. Especially those involving hot peppers!

I love my weenie dogs...they have personalities larger than life and they think they are big dogs. But yes...they all love their momma.

My Step-mom and Dad had a weenie dog when i was in high school. She got up to like 17 or 18 before she passed. I really loved that dog and had a ton of fun playing with her on my visits after moving out.

Had one while growing up named Schatzi (German for Sweetheart) Bred to go down holes after badgers they are fearless and can get you a bunch of brushes for shaving ?

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - GHOST Dragon's Blood
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Formula
The Ultimate Aftershave : Wholly Kaw - King of Oud

I'm not going to say much today as I am uploading a video as we speak. I am trying to get it done before I have to head off to work. But I had a great shave today with the CBL GHOST Dragon's Blood. I can see myself going through this tub quickly because I am addicted to this scent. Hey Chris! DON"T STOP MAKING THIS SOAP!!! And while you are at it...make me some aftershave that matches! I am really loving this. And oh yeah, the soap is pretty good too! You know let's talk a little about face feel. A lot of the soaps that I like for face feel leave you face feeling...almost wet after your shave. But the CBL (w/hemp oil) leaves your face feeling good...but not that wet feeling. But you notice the moisturizing effects of the soap all throughout the day. Much longer than most of the other soaps! Not sure if that makes any sense or not...but there it is!

The DANGER ZONE!!!

Yup did the Hot Pepper Challenge with the Trinidad Scorpion Pepper and failed miserably! I am thinking of going backwards and doing the habanero...so that I can save some of my street cred! Anyway...not much going on. The Wife is still in DC. And while I enjoy my time alone sometimes...the Danger Hounds...and me...miss her terribly! Anyway...she did a tour of the capitol last night with a contact of hers and I am envious. I have done the public tour before...but a private tour would be awesome! The last time I was in DC I was supposed to get that private tour also...but something came up and the person who was supposed to do it had to attend to more important matters. Oh well, next time then!

One day closer to the weekend. I hope the Cadre
has a wonderful Thursday!

Nice read Don. I must admit watching you drink heavy whipping cream triggered two things in me. One curiousity and two disgust.

All caught up, Don. Great reads. And the scent of the Dragon's Blood soap sounds intriguing.

Nice read Don. I must admit watching you drink heavy whipping cream triggered two things in me. One curiousity and two disgust.

Oh no...HWC is great! I typically don't drink it like that...but I add it to my coffee and other things!

I love it straight. It’s delicious!

It is delicious like that...and I do it on occasion.

What's really good is when you take HWC some Coco powder and sweetner (I use monk fruit sweetner) and whip it itil it is light a fluffy... chocolate mousse!

It is delicious like that...and I do it on occasion.

What's really good is when you take HWC some Coco powder and sweetner (I use monk fruit sweetner) and whip it itil it is light a fluffy... chocolate mousse!

Okay that SOUNDS GOOD!

Back