The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Nice shave and an excellent set up, Don! I do love the AoS sandalwood. I'm in the same boat, with one puck in a container and one back up. I'm happy that Fine did such a great job on matching the scent, and won't be as sad to finish these of as I would have otherwise. Not that they are likely to be gone by the time I'm eligible to join the AARP...

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Super maxc Blue Diamond Titanium Coated (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: CBL (w/Hemp Oil) - Orange Frankincense
Brush: TSC Member Brush "Luca Brasi" in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Plain Old Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Fine Accouterments - L'Orange Noir

No Pic This Morning Gents

I was going to go with a Gem Clog-Pruf today, but after yesterdays INCREDIBLY close shave...I decided to go with my Slim on a really low setting...like number 2. After a little discussion yesterday with Mr. Lindsay in the CBL Premium Shaving Soap thread about the production of a soap with Hemp Oil in it. I decided I wanted to use the very generous amount of soap the Chris gave me that contains...you guessed it...hemp oil. This was the Orange Frankincense that I like very much! It's a little toned down...but once you put water to it, the scent becomes stronger and brighter. It's just a very nice scent. I like everything about this soap from ease of lather to the very end with post shave feel. I am going to have to shave with it again as well as the tub I purchased from CBL soaps to see if I can spot the differences. But for now...they are really similar.

The Danger Zone:

I am super excited about this weekend. My wife works for an agency that does coastal protection work, which is really important for Louisiana as we are loosing our "coast" at marked rates faster than the rest of the country. Her agency in collaboration with LSU have to scale model of the Mississippi River and the delta that is the size of a large warehouse. It has moving water, tributaries, flowing sediment, and a ton of other live features. It's a one of a kind in the country. Early tomorrow morning (before football games start obviously) I get to go and get a tour of it. I kind of geek out on stuff like this. People really just do not understand how important the Mississippi River and the Louisiana coast line are to the entire country.

But I am also excited for the LSU game! It's been a hard week at work and my mental state has really worked over-time. Ready to enjoy a relaxing day with football!

My thoughts are with all those in the path of Florence. I KNOW all too well what kind of destruction Mother Nature can bring. I pray that those in the Cadre and theire loved ones and friends are safe. please keep our brothers and si
sters in your thoughts and prayers.

Definitely have my thoughts on all in the path but especially our family members here. Nice shave Don. Enjoy the tour. Sounds cool !!

Her agency in collaboration with LSU have to scale model of the Mississippi River and the delta that is the size of a large warehouse. It has moving water, tributaries, flowing sediment, and a ton of other live features. It's a one of a kind in the country. Early tomorrow morning (before football games start obviously) I get to go and get a tour of it. I kind of geek out on stuff like this.
That's something I'd love to see. Sounds amazing.

Pics for sure! Sounds like the tour will be real neat.

Good stuff Dave!!! ROFL sorry I couldn't help it.

Good shave Don!

Enjoy the tour, sounds really cool!

Boy LSU better pull the win, I’ve put my faith in them!

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Super maxc Blue Diamond Titanium Coated (2nd Use)
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans - St. Barts
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Coconut Water Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Ariana & Evans - St. Barts

No Pic This Morning Gents

Quick entry this morning guys and I'm likely not to have a journal entry for the next couple to few days as I have a lot going on at work and have to do a little overnight stay to conduct some interviews.

This morning was really a shave or whatever came to mind first. I have a pre-order in on some soap from A&E in their The Club Brand and so St. Barts came to mind. I'm not going to say that this is the best performing soap out there...but it is definitely mid to high Tier 1. It performs slightly different the most soaps and you end up with a rich gel like lather. The scent is not at all suntan lotion...but more of a tropical drink sans the booze. It's just a really nice scent. I decided to not worry about extensive cleanup this morning or any kind of weird passes or angles. A standard three pass shave, and I dare say that I am smoother than most days. The St. Barts aftershave does give me a little tingle that feels more in line with something in it as opposes to lack of technique. But that tingle is fleeting...and my face feels wonderful and smooth.

Hope the Cadre has a wonderful Monday and I hope you get the week started right!

Don, I was just thinking how we you slowed down the video production and now you're going to be even busier. Come back to us Don....

Safe business travels Don! Don’t forget to pack your interrogation spot light to grill the criminals!

Back