The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Don good stuff. Not a fan if summer storm, the scent to me is the only one that when I opened the tub it went right onto the BST didn't even lather it.

Glad your wife's work was uneventful yesterday just the way it was supposed to be.

Have a nice Wednesday

Good shave Don!

I hope your work predicament smooths over in terms of continued relations at the offices!

I think that all of us need to be vigilant regarding workplace violence/terror. Thinking through what you will do ahead of time, and having a plan might just make all of the difference.

So glad that the initial threat appears to have passed.

Good shave Don! And glad to hear things were less traumatic for the Mrs the next day. This year we have had several of the active shooter/situational awareness meetings and videos.

Razor: Gem Open Comb Micromatic (OCMM)
Blade: Gem Single Edge (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Art of Shaving (Tallow) - Sandalwood
Brush: TSC Member Brush "Luca Brasi" in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Coconut Water Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Fine Accoutrements - Santal Absolut

I have really been neglecting some really good soaps that I used to enjoy. I mean, with all these new soaps and samples that have been coming my way...it's hard to use what I already have. This sandalwood scent is my absolute favorite scent in the world. It's just perfect to me. I am glad Fine makes a scent that is nearly identical to this. Because when my puck that I am using and the back-up I have are gone...I am going to be looking for alternatives!

The AoS Tallow based and unobtanium soap is just amazing! I think I have forgotten how good this soap is. It is one of my slicker soaps and whips up an amazing lather. Post shave feel is phenomenal!

It is September so I decided to pull out the OCMM. I was lucky to have one Gem blade left! Lets say that my skin is super smooth. But there was also a little more blood than I would like and my face doesn't feel all that great. But a splash (and serious burn) of the Santal Absolut and all was well...I will smell great all day and the women will likely flock to my cubical also! The glugs were smaller than usual today as I think that after my after shave splashes...I have just enough to sue the rest as an EdT today. Yup...this stuff is that strong! I will have to get another bottle to carry me into the cooler months!

I hope the Cadre has a wonderful Thursday!

Great entry Don. Sorry for the roughness but glad it settled down. We all have those. Have a great day !

Yeah...I was actually expecting it. I have NEVER been able to get a comfortable shave with and SE. I hate to say this...but I might actually need to use a balm!

I have a puck of that soap and it is pretty spectacular. I will always wonder why AOS stopped making it! I would love to have a Lemon Puck in tallow.

You know you can still buy that right? And yes, I mean the Tallow version....

Yeah I know they are still out there...but the prices are definitely rising. When I bought mine they were three for $30. Now they are about $30 a puck.

Yeah I know they are still out there...but the prices are definitely rising. When I bought mine they were three for $30. Now they are about $30 a puck.

Last time I looked on eBay, which was a couple months ago, I still saw them 3 for $30. I'll be PIFing one of my pucks before the end of the Year. I just don't use it enough.

Last time I looked on eBay, which was a couple months ago, I still saw them 3 for $30. I'll be PIFing one of my pucks before the end of the Year. I just don't use it enough.

I didn't see the three for 30 and I just looked. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Great shave, sans the dermal reconstruction of course. Love me some AOS Sandalwood, also my favorite scent of this type!

I found one listing for the lemon tallow on The Bay. They were asking $55, Buy It Now, in the wooden bowl. Ouch.
Yeah...just not worth it in my book! I really should have stocked up when I should. But as long as Fine keeps making their soap and aftershave I think I will be good!

Great shave, sans the dermal reconstruction of course. Love me some AOS Sandalwood, also my favorite scent of this type!

Thanks! I applied some CRSW Sandalwood AS Lotion and it helped a bit. I may have to break out the big guns and go for an actual balm that I have later tonight. Might be skipping the shave tomorrow.

Back