The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

You put an apple in their mouth too???

Don't be silly...
1f61b.png

All caught up Don!

Great review on the 6S and the Lisa's Smoked Black Tea.

Excellent job on having to go clothes shopping due to the weight loss!

Looking sharp in the suit there!

Not really a problem...just seems like more than I want. I like the razor enough, and may buy one sometime. But if I was I given a choice of of plates to buy...I would want a plate that had #3 and #4. But how it is configured now, #2 and #4 are on the same plate. #1 and #3 are on the same plate. But for some reason, #5 and #6 are on the same plate. It seems to me to be a design flaw .Why not do what Karve does and allow you to purchase the plates separately...and while they are at it...make the plates sequential.

Not really a problem...just seems like more than I want. I like the razor enough, and may buy one sometime. But if I was I given a choice of of plates to buy...I would want a plate that had #3 and #4. But how it is configured now, #2 and #4 are on the same plate. #1 and #3 are on the same plate. But for some reason, #5 and #6 are on the same plate. It seems to me to be a design flaw .Why not do what Karve does and allow you to purchase the plates separately...and while they are at it...make the plates sequential.
That's true and I get what you're saying. Keep in mind the price of the Karve with 1 plate costs the same as the Rockwell with all 3 plates and it smells like a penny ?

Yeah, I didn't get the penny thing...but you do make a good point on the price.

Really I don't know the reason they do it like they do. I think the 6c can be bought individually but the total cost if you bought what you want would get the whole set pretty much.

Really I don't know the reason they do it like they do. I think the 6c can be bought individually but the total cost if you bought what you want would get the whole set pretty much.

I guess it's not really a money issue, but just a matter of of you buy a set, there are plates that will never get used.

Wow! Was I ever behind! You sir, are quite a prolific writer! Liking your journal a lot and noting I should have saved several suits I’ve “outgrown”. Being unable to work out made my massive chest migrate down around my waist, and I am reducing that alongside you guys.

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless - Green (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: CBL (w/Hemp Oil) - Sandalwood, Jasmine, Leather, Cedar, Rose
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Avon Leather

NO Pic...Woke up late.

I have to make this a REALLY quick one. One of the Danger Hounds...the one I affectionately call Allie Monster...wasn't feeling well last night and I spent a good bit of the night scrubbing puke stains off of the rugs. Why do dogs always want to puke on the rug...most of my floors are hard.

Anyway...I had been doing reviews of my new soaps and during these reviews Chris of Clan Lindsay sent my generous amounts of soaps that he created. I don't believe this is the exact formulation of the one up on his site though, as the ones I have have hemp oil in them. I had planned to shave with these soaps after my week with LNHC, then Chris decided to bless us with his announcements. I guess I should have got to these earlier.

I can't get into this too much today...but I wanted to say that this Sandalwood, Jasmine, Leather, Cedar, and Rose scent was MADE for me...whether Chris knows it or not. This scent is amazing! And while I know it is not for everyone...I absolutely love it. He hit it right out of the park. This is in the same wheelhouse as Vide Poche by Chatillon Lux...but...and I am not just saying this...but, I think I like this better. The floral are front on this scent, but I wouldn't call it overly floral. The Leather, Cedar, and Sandalwood bring it down to that earthy feeling and gives it a little bit of ruggedness. I love this scent.

I need to dial in the soap a little more and I think I started too wet...but in the end it yielded a very nice slick lather that I think is going to have very nice post shave properties. I didn't want to splash on my Vide Poche aftershave...because I want to smell this as long as I can. So I went with Avon Leather which complimented this soap perfectly!

I hope you fine members of the Cadre have a wonderful day!

Great shave and entry Don. Thanks for doing even though you were rushed. Hope Allie feels better. My last Staffy was named Allie.......miss her

Sounds like another promising scent from CBL!

And I know what you mean about the rugs....sigh.

OH boy I was behind. I open the journal and what do I see. A GOAT! I had to make sure I was in the Danger Journal and not on @cblindsay farm!

OH boy I was behind. I open the journal and what do I see. A GOAT! I had to make sure I was in the Danger Journal and not on @cblindsay farm!
Come to mention it, has your wife forgotten about the yoga Don? Anyone have her number to remind her?

Come to mention it, has your wife forgotten about the yoga Don? Anyone have her number to remind her?

No...she has not forgotten. It's scheduled for sometime in October...I think...I will make sure you all are well informed!

Back