The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

I thought the Timeless was the bees knees (with a straight bar and scalloped head...I think)...but I am really doubting myself on that now.
I'm really curious to try it with the straight bar, but still don't think I'd ever buy one.

The Karve was a good razor and I wouldn't mind checking it out again with one of the milder plates
Ditto, and part of the reason I asked.

the ones that Dave in KY have are too aggressive for my taste.
Yes, I concur. Not sure why he likes toturing his face like that, but it's not for me.

Que the Rockwell 6s that I am using now. I have tried all the plates except the #5 and #6 plate. I am really liking it a lot!
I liked it too. The 3 was good, but I think I preferred 4. I could get used to 5, but it was on the upper end for me. Of all that I tried from Dave, that was my favorite.

I am vary interested in the Parker variant that Dave is using. I know some say it's the best shave they have ever had.
I'm a bit worried that it's too aggressive for me, based on Dave's reviews.

Don good luck today with the services. I agree with your wife on the floral front for things like this. And yes a pic of the suit man!

Don, I know our impressions on scents have matched up quite a bit in the past, especially when describing Avon scents. But I think we also agree on what constitutes a good razor. We both seem to prefer mild razors. So I'm asking you, what are your favorite modern razors that you have tried?

I also did forget to mention that I have used the Fatip Piccolo also. I didn't like this razor at all...mostly because it was incredibly small for my large hands. But also because it was incredibly too aggressive for my liking.

I also did forget to mention that I have used the Fatip Piccolo also. I didn't like this razor at all...mostly because it was incredibly small for my large hands. But also because it was incredibly too aggressive for my liking.
Yeah, I had a feeling. I had read lots of positive reviews about this razor, and almost pulled the trigger on it twice. But recently I'm hearing it is very aggressive, so I'm glad I didn't. Thanks for reinforcing that.

Sorry, I'm still searching for the defintion of this word. I can only guess it is Spidey Slang for shaving with NO pressure
1f602.png
It's like torturing, but it gets to the point about 10% quicker.....

Well, glad your enjoying the Rockwell so much. Bummer that plate #2 means you have to buy the 6s/c.

Hope the memorial goes well.
Yeah, I had a feeling. I had read lots of positive reviews about this razor, and almost pulled the trigger on it twice. But recently I'm hearing it is very aggressive, so I'm glad I didn't. Thanks for reinforcing that.

For the most part, it is a pretty aggressive shaver. It can be smooth and comfortable, but it takes a lot of care and attention to angle to minimize that aggression. It is definitely not a mindless shaver.

It can be smooth and comfortable, but it takes a lot of care and attention to angle to minimize that aggression. It is definitely not a mindless shaver.

I don't like to give care an attention to my shaves. You've seen how fast I shave.... who has time for that? Give me mindless every day!

No Shave today guys...I wanted to have a little growth before I tackle Plate #5 on the Rockwell. That being said...while I definitely could shave this morning...I really feel like I don't have as much growth as I usually do. For 24 hours later...it really only feels like 12 hours later. Just something for me to think about. Went to the memorial services for my Best Friends mom yesterday. It was nice and very respectful. The funny thing is that I thought my friends whole family was Catholic, but evidently his mother wasn't. We had the services at a funeral home, but it the memorial service was led by a Deacon from one of our local Catholic Churches. Now I am Catholic...but I don't know a lot of the ins or outs. Either way...it was nice and peaceful. Afterwards the usual get together and meet up with people that you haven't seen in quite some time and catch up. There are always the vows to not go so long without seeing each other again. These are well intention-ed...but unfortunately they are usually promises no one really expects to fulfill. Call me crazy, but I find that these are the saddest moments of a memorial service...and not the actual funeral.

I had Shawn of the Shed hone up some razors for me. Three of them at that. Two of them I picked up for a sawbuck for both and the the other was a 20 spot for the one. $30 dollars for three straights ain't too bad if I say so myself. They are nothing special...but with the attention to detail that Shawn gives them...they will work better than fine!

Shawn of the Shed also sent a knife that he has been working on for my brother. He has been showing off in his forum...but thought I would show it here. Pictures do not do this justice...it is absolutely beautiful and I will tell you...very well made!

And then the pic of me that some of you asked for...and looking at the pic...I am thinking that the jacket still needs to be tailored a bit. The label in it says 48 Long...and I think it was tailored way back when...so it might be a little smaller. To give you and idea of where I was...before weight loss I was wearing a 52 Long. I have a couple of photo bombers in the bottom right corner.

And then a nice little pic of me and the missus...

Glad the service went well and you could see some old friends. Great pics there buddy. I'll take your hand me downs as I'm a 46 long and sounds like that's where you are too
1f61c.png

Glad to hear the funeral went well, though I will agree that the farewells are usually the worst part of it.

Interested to hear how the plate #5 does for you with the Rockwell. Great picture of you and SWMBO!

Don wow for a non shave day a lot going on. As to the funeral notes I will just say I agree.

The knife from Shawn looks awesome! I am thinking of commissioning one for my dad for Christmas it is a beaut!

Now the suit you are definitely looking good and I am sure feeling great also. But I think it is time for a new suit ;-)

Definitely time for a new suit...but I needed one for yesterday and that was the only one that fit. Yeah, the knife is awesome! I think I want one for myself!

Back