The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Thanks for the write up Don. Nice pics.... you're looking rather Dapper!

Well now that's a cute couple. And that black pooch is pretty cute too.

Now, lets talk about these no shave days. This is a shaving forum after all.

All caught up Don. Glad you got a good little zero turn mower. I hope it works well for you. The shaves and soap discussions along the way were very enjoyable. I got my son the Rockwell system in stainless soon after they released it a few years ago. Glad you are enjoying it. Sounds like the birthday celebration was one for the record books.

Razor: Rockwell 6S - Plate #5
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (8th Use)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Smoked Black Tea
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Sir Irisch Moos

So I have done it...I have worked through all the plates (well except the #6 plate...I know there will be blood...so why). And I have used LNHC Smoked Black Tea to know what I like about it and what I don't.

First the razor...

I am digging this razor and I am sorry to see this have to move on to another tester. A big thanks to Dave of the Kentucky Clan to lend my his Rockwell for about two weeks. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Do I think you can get as good or a better shave in another razor...probably. But in the end...the Rockwell 6s worked well for me. It just feels good...it feels substantial. I have pretty large hands and a tiny razors that are light as a feather don't really do the trick. This Rockwell had everything in a razor that I want. The only real drawback to it is that I really only see myself using the #2, #3, and #4 plates/sides. I understand that the blade gap on each side is part of one plate...but I really don't have a need for the #1, #5, and #6 sides. So I am paying for a lot more razor than I need.

The soap...

I will do a full review this weekend and I have the video uploading to the cloud right now. I will likely do some editing today and upload it to TSC later tonight. But this soap is amazing. Yeah I know that some people don't like a particular scent or don't think that it is slick enough, or there is some other characteristic that just doesn't jive with what they like. I am not one of this people. I honestly can't find a single fault with the soap. It works with me...and it works better than probably 98% of all the soaps I have or have tried. Yes it is that good. And I am going to make a bold statement here...I think it is an Elite Soap. Prior to using LNHC new A
rtisan Line I only had two soaps that were Elite soaps to me. Others were very good and may have been close. But the only two actually Elite Soaps were Declaration Grooming Icarus Base and Wholly Kaw in the Donkey Milk and Tallow base. I can honestly say...that this New Artisan LNHC soap is in the Elite Status. And believe me...I was looking for a reason to not put it there...that is the test of a true elite soap...when you are really looking for a reason and can't find one!

The Danger Zone:

I am looking forward to the weekend. It's been a very weird week for me. I really have no plans except to sit in front of the TV, yell at it, and watch College Football.

If you haven't heard or decided to join in...there is a College Football Pickem PIF going on. There is no entry fee and all you have to do is pick the winner of five match-ups each week. The person with the most wins at the end of the season gets a $100.00 gift card to a vendor of my choice. The vendor will be something like Maggards, Groomatorium, or WCS. Or another very similar.

So get over to this thread: https://www.theshavingcadre.com/post/the-college-football-pickem-pif-9834411?&trail=25

Pick some games out of the ones I have listed...and have some fun!

The only real drawback to it is that I really only see myself using the #2, #3, and #4 plates/sides. I understand that the blade gap on each side is part of one plate...but I really don't have a need for the #1, #5, and #6 sides. So I am paying for a lot more razor than I need.
Right there with you on that. Except I wouldn't use the 2 either. I'm solidly in the 3-4 plate, and could possibly use the 5 regularly after I got used to it.

Nice read Don. Enjoy your weekend.

And to everyone else. GO SIGN UP FOR THE PIF!

I'm glad that the Lisa's soap works so well for you. It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised by a soap!

I guess with razors like this you have to decide if it didn't come with the other plates, would you pay the price for the razor and just the plate you'll use? Or if you'll use a couple plates, would you play that price for an adjustable? I find it interesting they don't offer the option to just buy the razor with one plate. But they don't seem short customers either.

I guess with razors like this you have to decide if it didn't come with the other plates, would you pay the price for the razor and just the plate you'll use? Or if you'll use a couple plates, would you play that price for an adjustable? I find it interesting they don't offer the option to just buy the razor with one plate. But they don't seem short customers either.

Very interesting points!

Well lookie what we just saw a story about on CBS Sunday Morning

OMG!

That's just not right.
1f606.png
And who has the task of cleaning up the goat "jellybeans"?

With that being said, however, goats are cool. And they do a great job with yard maintenance. I've seen 'em "cutting grass" at airports, as well as at schools.

Great wrap-up on the 6S and Lisa's soap Don! I've yet to make a judgement myself, but that is soon coming.

Back