The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

I must have just woken up and it's April 1st. Has to be.
1f60e.png

Some of the kids are on people doing yoga poses, and others are walking around. Some are running and others are interaction with the people........
And some are pooping on your yoga mat, and peeing down your back during your downward dog pose!

What's next? CBLindsay doing snake massage? Spider doing...well spider things?
Snake Massage is a thing. And I'd love to do it. I know just having a couple of mine on me it feels pretty cool. I'd love to be covered in a bunch of heavy snakes!

It's not me! It's my wife! and as most of you all know...when the Lady of the House says you are doing something...you just smile and say, "Thank You, can I have another?"
I don't know Don.....judging by your new badge, it's clear you don't always listen to SWMBO. Lol

And some are pooping on your yoga mat, and peeing down your back during your downward dog pose!
I was thinking, that’s going to be a special kind of aromatherapy. I don’t believe they are potty trained.

I must have just woken up and it's April 1st. Has to be.
1f60e.png
Imagine how I felt when she told me!

I had to look this up...wow is all I can say. LOL Nice shave all the same!

Ain't no way I'm doing that...correction. Ain't no way I can do that!

It all rage!

Snake Massage is a thing. And I'd love to do it. I know just having a couple of mine on me it feels pretty cool. I'd love to be covered in a bunch of heavy snakes!
Yeah...I figured you would like that!?

Razor: Rockwell 6S - Plate #3
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (3rd Use)
Soap/Cream: Ballenclaugh - Honey & Tobacco
Brush: TSC Member Brush by Eric Sorrentino...the "Luca Brasi" in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Coconut Water Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave : Figaro Monsieur

No Pic Again Guys...

So what is that phrase? Third time is a charm? Plate #3 was up to bat today and while I really enjoyed Plate #2 and had a really good shave with it...plate #3 is so much more efficient. Plate #2 has a blade gap of .35 mm while the one I used today (#3) has a blade gap of .48 mm. It is by no means and aggressive blade gap at all. And in fact most would likely call it mild still. But this was just great for me. Yesterday's shave took me four passes and an extensive cleanup to get that BBS shave. Today it only took me three passes and some light cleanup to achieve a really nice BBS again. Two BBS shaves back to back? That has never happened to me before. So let's just say that this plate was much better than the last two. I did have a small weeper, but I am chalking that up to user error. I have a feeling I am pushing too hard while shaving. Tomorrow's plate I will have to watch that.

A small note on the razor in general, because I don't think I have said anything yet. I like the way it looks and feels...a lot! The matte finish with that industrial look is completely up my alley. And it is a heavy razor, which I really like also. And from top to bottom it is a approximately three and three-quarters inches in length...not a small razor by any means. All these things equate to a razor that I am enjoying very much.

On to the soap. This is my third shave with the soap and I face lathered again today. You know...my first impression was that this soap was a pretty standa
rd tallow based soap. But with continual use and dialing it in...this is a pretty exceptional soap. I'm not sure I can call this elite (seriously...it seems that all the soaps are at least competing for elite status now), but I can safely say that it is solidly a Tier 1 soap. As to where...that is yet to be determined. This lather does not dissipate at all. And because of this it offers maximum cushion and protection. I won't say that it is the slickest...but it is definitely slicker than most. At first I thought the residual slickness was a little dry...and compared to the best of the best (my DG/CL Vide Poche soap in the Icarus base) it is a little dry. But it is still a decent residual slickness. I also had reservations about post shave feel/moisturizing...but yesterday's shave proved to me that a post shave feel can last all day long. Not many other soaps can do that.

Well I have rambled on long enough today. No Danger Zone because, well I am sure you all are tired of me blabbing. Anyway...hope you all have a wonderful hump day!

Nice shave Don. I gotta try the sample of this you sent maybe today cause the scent is nice to me. You don't babble. Tell me more about the yoga
1f44d.png
Have a good day Buddy !

....(seriously...it seems that all the soaps are at least competing for elite status now)....

So true, Don! We've all heard the phrases, "the good old days", or "the golden age of...."; well, we're in that NOW with regards to shaving soaps, and it's awesome! Most of the new soaps all seem to lather well, give good protection, and offer nice slickness during the shave. But what garners an "elite" status rating nowadays? To me, it seems to be narrowed down to just three subjective, nuanced characteristics: scent, residual slickness, and post shave moisturizing. With all the excellent choices available now, it's almost becoming "stressful" deciding which soap to use for the day - LOL!
1f60e.png

Well wouldn't that be sweet if you found a razor that could give you BBS shaves every day?

All caught up Don!

Great shaves, reads, reviews, and pictures!

There had better be a Goat Yoga video, that's all I'm saying about that.
1f60f.png

I really love my 6S razor. It is one of if not my favorite DE! Never fails to give a great shave!

It's not me! It's my wife! and as most of you all know...when the Lady of the House says you are doing something...you just smile and say, "Thank You, can I have another?"

i don’t know ... it sounds like you are going to do yoga too.

i was actually afraid to google goat yoga.

Goat yoga? COOL. I used to raise goats (up until a few years back), one of the coolest animals on earth. Such attitude. My goat, bingo, was a heck of a lot of fun. When it was small I used to head butt it, rear up and SMACK. It was all fun and games until he got bigger, I could take him but my boys got a beating. Stupid thing ate or chewed on EVERYTHING in my backyard except the weeds he was expected to eat.

Better that you are doing goat yoga than HOT yoga, bad enough you’ll be wearing yoga pants he last thing you need is to be sweating like a hog (pigs are fun too but NEVER ask a pig to do yoga... they look atrocious in yoga pants)

Better that you are doing goat yoga than HOT yoga, bad enough you’ll be wearing yoga pants he last thing you need is to be sweating like a hog (pigs are fun too but NEVER ask a pig to do yoga... they look atrocious in yoga pants)

There goes my coffee on the screen again...thanks Chris! LOL

Oh man, please do NOT start a What Yoga Pants Are You Wearing thread!

Okay all caught up!

First goat yoga is a thing I see some people doing it in Utah. Weird to say the least. My wife wants a goat real bad. I am afraid it will destroy my yard.

Second the mower is awesome. I really want one! My garage is also a mess, I really need to buy a shed to hold some of the manly tools like mower, trimmer, leaf blower, saw, snow blower, etc. But as long as I can keep both vehicles in the garage I am happy, and so far I can still do just that.

Third I am glad to see you splurged a tiny bit on your wife's birthday dinner. You have worked very hard and every now and then you should enjoy a potato or a slice of bread. The trick is to not slip back to where you were. I am confident that won't happen with you!

Fourth the Honey and Tobacco from Ballenclaugh is going to be a full puck purchase for me. UGH!

Fifth glad to see you liked Uncle Jon's I also own the Gravity and do enjoy it.

Back