The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Nice read about the Lisa\'s soap. I think her premium version is leaps and bounds better than the original version, but I\'m with you on the Tier 1 aspect. But like you, I haven\'t used them enough yet to give a \"valid\" rating. The new formula that everyone is talking about has me very much intrigued.\n\nAnd I totally know what you mean about the soap/aftershave quandry! That\'s one reason why I use Fine Snake Bite so often. But I mainly depend on an EdP or EdT rather than aftershave for the final frag.
\nUntil recently, I was lacking in the frag department..but yeah...I probably need to do something similar! Thanks for reading Chris!\n\n
\n\nExactly my thoughts on it as well!
\nSee...great minds think alike!\n\n
Very nice shave sir!
\nThank you most generous sir!\n\n
Hey Don...congrats on finding a diet that works and sticking with it. \nIt\'s fun to get to know all you guys through the blog here...but it is even funner to get to see the video posts that you and others are sharing. (love your sense of humor, very similar to mine).\nThanks for sharing!
\nI appreciate you taking the time to read and watch! I love this place because I feel like I really know all the guys!\n\n
Great shave Don!
\n\nThanks!

I’m just glad to see you made it through the great aftershave selection quandary.

Funny how the no pressure thing seems to creep up again and again with just about everyone. Fight the power!

Great shave and read Don!

I know the feeling on selecting an after shave and or matching cologne. It's easy if you get the matching scents if available, but the more you have to choose from the harder the initial selection can be for sure!

Oh and I'll just leave this here.

Great shave and read Don!

I know the feeling on selecting an after shave and or matching cologne. It's easy if you get the matching scents if available, but the more you have to choose from the harder the initial selection can be for sure!

Oh and I'll just leave this here.
1f60f.png

Yes Craig...I understand the preseason polls. But that is exactly what they are...PRESEASON.

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Zorrik Super Stainless (3rd Use)
Soap/cream: Wholly Kaw - Agrumi in Estate
Brush: Sorrentino "Luca Brasi" TSC Member Brush in Finest Badger
The Antepenultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Penultimate Aftershave : Wholly Kaw - Agrumi in Estate
The Ultimate Aftersahve: Fine - Platinum

Well, maybe not my best pic...but it will do for now!

This morning was the maiden voyage for my newly received Wholly Kaw's Agrumi in Estate soap and aftershave. It is aptly translated into Citrus Fruits in the Summertime. An initial whiff of this stuff and I am instantly reminded of those lemon drop candies that we all liked as a kid. But the scent is less candy and little more fresh. I am not going to get into a full review right now as I have a video that I am editing currently and will likely get up later today. I also will make sure I have a written view of the soap as well. But some high points on this...it's plenty slick, has great protection, and might have the best post shave feel I have experienced in a soap. I hate making claims after just one shave, but this soap will likely go into the elite category. No surprise there as Wholly Kaw's King of Oud is there also...as well as others. I do think this performs a little different than the regular donkey milk base. If you haven't heard...Agrumi in Estate added the addition of synthetic collagen to the mixture. I have the Vide Poche from Chatillion Lux/Declaration Grooming on it's way...and this is in the highly acclaimed Icarus base...so I am anxious to compare soaps.

The Sorrentio TSC Member Brush also embarked on his maiden voyage. The "Luca Brasi" is one fine brush and I am super happy I decided to go with a badger rather tha
n synthetic for this brush. I was worried that the "chubby" style wouldn't fit well with my large hands...I couldn't be more wrong! The brush fits perfectly in my hand. Since it is a new badger I understand there will be a breaking in period. But to be honest, from Mr. Brasi's first time out...this brush is everything I could ask for and more. It shed a couple hairs...but that is to be expected. I cannot say enough about the finish on this handle. The Coobilah wood is beautiful on it's own...bring a shine to it...absolute beauty! The grain isn't as dramatic as some of yours...but it suites me just fine. I can definitely see more brushes or maybe even scales in the future...hmm...I'm thinking Purple Heart Wood and Dark Ash to go along with my shavette!

THE DANGER ZONE!!!

I have to run to the dentist today for my semi-annual checkup. I have a chip in one of my incisors that runs a good length from top to bottom. It doesn't hurt...but man does it look really bad. I had it "filled in" a few months ago, but where it is at there is a lot of stress on it. So two weeks after...it broke off. I am thinking that the only solution to this might be veneers, and i don't think I want to spend that kind of moolah on that type of work. Oh well, We will see what she has to say!

I hope this Monday treats the Cadre well...start of your week right! I have noticed that there are a lot of really good things going on here.

On a side note...did anyone else notice that Mantic joined the site?

I'm intrigued with that soap, Don. And also the new DG that Josh used yesterday. Just when I said I was done buying more soaps - arrrrgh!
1f60e.png

Good luck at the dentist. At least it's not a root canal, eh?

I'm intrigued with that soap, Don. And also the new DG that Josh used yesterday. Just when I said I was done buying more soaps - arrrrgh!
1f60e.png

Good luck at the dentist. At least it's not a root canal, eh?

No...it is definitely not a root canal...thank goodness!

Don I am all caught up and really enjoyed the read. I am behind on your videos though. But I am getting there.

Canadian Football eh??? That is some funky stuff. You should read the rule book one time for fun. Or probably not... probably a referee thing LOL!

That new Wholly Kaw scent sounds right up my alley!

Back