The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

See Craig...that map is fake news! It lists in the state of Luzyanna that it's the Home of Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. They got it all wrong! Bubba Gumb Shrimp Co. is from Bayou La Batre Alabama!
1f643.png

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Personna Blue (3rd Use)
Soap/cream: The Holy Black - Tangerine Creeper
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavmac Two Band Silver Tip Badger
The Antepenultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Penultimate Aftershave : The Holly Black Tangerine Creeper
The Ultimate Aftersahve: English Laundry - Arrogant EdT

Stayed up late last night uploading my latest video...so no pic for you!

I don't have the biggest shave den or the most extensive soap and aftershave inventory...but I still have things that I don't use all that often. In search to change my shave up a bit (I struggle with this most mornings) I found a razor that hadn't seen daylight in quite some time. I have this razor that was given to me from a vendor from the other site. I'm not sure if he is still with them or not...but anyway...he gave me this razor,,,the Shavetools STSS 6. It has a stainless handle and a head that is much like most other modern DEs that are under $50. Anyway...I put in my Personna Blue blade and went to town. I'm not sure why I put this guy away. It is a really nice shave. I was say that the aggressiveness is about a medium. Not so mild but not too harsh. I went with the tangerine Creeper again. This soap and AS combo is really nice. There are better performing soaps...but with the freeze and the sent...it soars in the rankings. I did three passer this morning and really paid attention to grain and my touch. I actually did a cleanup today and not just an additional pass. I ended up with more weepers than I would like...but nothing a little Thayers Peach Witch Hazel can't handle. It looks like some of Dave's (Xeno Dave) suggestions from the video he just did paid off. Definitely a smoother and more enjoyable shave than I have had in a while. Not perfect, but getting there!

The Danger Zone:
No Danger Zone today guys!

Good shave Don!

I’m dragging my feet a bit this morning as well. I’m off this week, but I have auto work on deck. It’s a PITA job and it’s a bit warm in NTX right now.

Awesome to see the creeper being used and not just stuck away in a cabinet to lose its scent over years.

Awesome to see the creeper being used and not just stuck away in a cabinet to lose its scent over years.

Unfortunately I think that might happen to a lot of soaps that we all buy. But rest assured...this will not be one of them!

Hey man, it's time to step up the video game to make up for Josh being away. I'm in video withdraw. KJ is doing his part but can't do it alone. Chad is off camping and playing with dutch ovens.........................HELP !!!

Well I just got out of the shower and am about to video a shave. It probably won't be up today though. But I will do my best and see what I can do.

For the record I’ve only done 1 a week lol...though I won’t have s way to do one next week... ?

Hey man, it's time to step up the video game to make up for Josh being away. I'm in video withdraw. KJ is doing his part but can't do it alone. Chad is off camping and playing with dutch ovens.........................HELP !!!
Maybe it’s time for you to make a video, Dave!

Back