The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

I have family who live in your neck of the woods. Most of them are Michigan fans, but my Dad is all Spartan. I really don't mind the Wolverines...I have always enjoyed watching them. But I can't forgive them for losing to USC back in 2003 causing the whole National Champion supposed split with my Tigers!

But yeah...I do understand that when football comes...the "Long Dark Night" is close behind!

Ugh, I can commiserate with you there. The current system is far from perfect, but at least it's gotten past the split national champions conundrum.

Nice shave today. Definitely take care with the shavette. I have one that is similar to the Jules. It gives great shaves, but definitely needs a light touch. Keep going with it.

Nice shave today. Definitely take care with the shavette. I have one that is similar to the Jules. It gives great shaves, but definitely needs a light touch. Keep going with it.

Thanks Doug! This will definitely take some practice. I went into it thinking it was going to be like a straight...it's a bit different!

Both great photos!

Glad you have the shavette a try today, even if it turned out less than spectacular. Practice makes...better!

I kind of dig that razor. And with the tangerine you HAVE to use the colour pic.

QUOTE username=GearNoir userid=5861023 postid=1304841128]Both great photos!

Glad you have the shavette a try today, even if it turned out less than spectacular. Practice makes...better![/QUOTE]
Thanks! I understand that you have to give straights and shavettes a full hard try. It will take a little time but I'll get it.

Nice pics of an awesome line up all around there.
Not too bad...

I kind of dig that razor. And with the tangerine you HAVE to use the colour pic.

Yeah I agree...the orange in that pic really pops! Believe me...the photos don't do that razor justice...it is absolutely beautiful!

Only caught a little bit of the video, but I really like the design of that razor! Might need to add one to the collection.

You were one lucky dude to be able to score that Tangerine Creeper! Hope you bought a lottery ticket!

Only caught a little bit of the video, but I really like the design of that razor! Might need to add one to the collection.
It really is a beautiful piece. Don't assign any fault to the razor itself...it was mostly user error.

You were one lucky dude to be able to score that Tangerine Creeper! Hope you bought a lottery ticket!

I do feel lucky. I wish others would have been able to grab one up. Maybe next time I might be in more of a position to grab a few and get them to my brothers of the cadre!

Razor #1: Gillette Slim
Blade: Voskhod (3rd Use)
Soap/cream: Storybook Soap Works - Visions & Revisions
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2 band Silver Tip Badger
Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
After the Aftershave: Avon - Windjammer

After Tuesdays blood bath, I decided to play it safe and go for a mild shave. No need in opening old wounds...literally. Anyway, the shave was very pleasant and I feel like I am back on track. Visions & Revisions has been getting a little love around here lately and I thought I would break it out again. Oh, Man! That tea and citrus scent was really rejuvenating. So much that I might go out for tea this afternoon for lunch! Everything about this soap is understated. Every component does it's job to make this one of the better soaps out there in my opinion. But it performs in such a subtle way. I don't know if that makes any sense or not. Just know that it hits on every component and hits on them good. Conducted a three pass shave today...I was surprised. I really thought today was going to be the day to just get the job done. Nope! Half a pass in...and I decided I wanted a full shave experience. Finished up with some Thayers Peach and then some healthy glugs of Avon Windjammer. The shave today was as perfect as I wanted it to be.

The Danger Zone:

It's a coat and tie day today. Our board meets and I may have to explain or defend a couple of my cases. Other than that...not much to report...well at least nothing I have time to report on. I hope all of you have a very wonderful day today!

Oh! By the way...I still haven't used my Sudsy Soapery Uplift, their new tallow formula. If anyone wants a sample of it...let me know and I will get it out to you as soon as I can! I will likely shave with this soap this weekend sometime.

Good stuff Don. Jacket and tie. UGH! I went through 3 years in a previous position where I had to wear it every day! I hated it. Now I get away with jeans and polo. Much more comfortable.

Nice(and safe) shave, Don. I really like Visions and Revisions. Mine in a box of samples that came in literally right before I left for vacation, and I haven't used any of them since I got home. But that one was a fantastic scent.

Oh, and I would love a sample of SS Uplift. I've been curious about their tallow formula, but not enough to pull the trigger...yet.

Great couple of shaves sans the seepage Don!

dangerousnon said:
I am thinking that Craig and I need to get a Gentleman's Wager going on over the Alabama - LSU Game in November.
Well normally I do not bet on sporting events, but I might be persuaded.
1f60f.png

Good stuff Don. Jacket and tie. UGH! I went through 3 years in a previous position where I had to wear it every day! I hated it. Now I get away with jeans and polo. Much more comfortable.
Nice(and safe) shave, Don. I really like Visions and Revisions. Mine in a box of samples that came in literally right before I left for vacation, and I haven't used any of them since I got home. But that one was a fantastic scent.
Great recoup shave Don!

Good luck with the meeting!
Great couple of shaves sans the seepage Don!
Well normally I do not bet on sporting events, but I might be persuaded.
1f60f.png

Thank you all for reading! And Craig...I'll get back to you...

Back