The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

It’s been a while since I have been in my journal. I have just been busy with life and family.
The past few days I have been reflecting on my time in Afghanistan as the world we live in today keeps spinning more and more out of control. Oddly enough I didn’t hate my time in Afghanistan. There were things I wished I never saw but there were also things I never want to forget.

Life lesson #1

No matter where you are in the world, Children are Precious. They are this resilient entity of optimism that just seems to persevere. Life is hard? They take it in stride. Life isn’t fair? They don’t know any different. I pray for these the most.
D3598A34-C8A9-482E-93FD-797466921BCA.jpegE9F8A292-A850-4059-BFF0-F59C7B8DCA67.jpeg

It’s been a while since I have been in my journal. I have just been busy with life and family.
The past few days I have been reflecting on my time in Afghanistan as the world we live in today keeps spinning more and more out of control. Oddly enough I didn’t hate my time in Afghanistan. There were things I wished I never saw but there were also things I never want to forget.

Life lesson #1

No matter where you are in the world, Children are Precious. They are this resilient entity of optimism that just seems to persevere. Life is hard? They take it in stride. Life isn’t fair? They don’t know any different. I pray for these the most.
View attachment 57994View attachment 57995
I hope pray those in the pictures are safe and happy wherever they are now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope pray those in the pictures are safe and happy wherever they are now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The kids in the pictures I posted would likely be in their 20s by now or close to it. Life without the Taliban was hard enough for children...especially girls. Life with the Taliban...well...

Just remember...children laugh and smile in all languages.

The kids in the pictures I posted would likely be in their 20s by now or close to it. Life without the Taliban was hard enough for children...especially girls. Life with the Taliban...well...

Just remember...children laugh and smile in all languages.
Even if they are in their 20's now I still hope they are safe and happy..... I still remember the people from when I was in when we were still in Iraq...

My heart grows heavy everyday I have to endure reading, watching, and hearing about the absolute catastrophe that is Afghanistan now. For those of you who don't know...I served over there. My job wasn't a typical one. While in Afghanistan I built relationships with locals. Some of them friendly and some...not so much. But I gained a deep appreciation for many things and I learned a lot in the process. I am sad by what is happening currently, not so much for the work that I did...I am very proud of that. But my heart is heavy and in some respects even broken, because I fear the worst for all of those who I met along the way.

I found some more pics of my time over there. I'll post some over the next few days or weeks.

Theme for the day...All the Explosives and Military Gear Collected Over the Ages...

DSC00271.JPGDSC00272.JPGDSC00273.JPGPicture 080.jpgDSC00364.JPG

Back