The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

The definition of “Build it and they will come”.
Wild.

Been appreciating your sharing of your experiences and another side to all this.
Thanks guys!

Yeah...when you look at the news and current events from afar, people tend to forget that there are others who feel the effects. There is life, and culture, and art, and sports, and so many other aspects that people just don't realize.

This is a bit of positive news:

Just read the whole article. Loved it.. Finally at least some of our guys are saying enough and stepping up to do what they can to help.....I mean I know a lot of their hands are tied on what they can do without completely disobeying orders ...But... We need more like this !!

Thanks for the comments guys. As most of you know, I was out of pocket for a bit because of Hurricane Ida. I will likely continue my Afghanistan pics in a bit here as the home just got internet back up.

In case any of you were wondering...and I know some of you all reached out...the Danger Home sustained minimal damage. We will need a new fence, we had a sort of storage shed that needs replaced, we are having someone come and take a look at our roof to see if there is damage there, likely we will need a new one, and one of our down spouts as well as a pillar for our covered patio needs replaced. All in all I consider these minor damages. The house otherwise is perfectly livable. We have insurance and that is what this is for. Not only do we have insurance, but we have good insurance. So...all in all...things are well on the Homefront.

Did I mention that while I was over in Afghanistan that some idiot at the DoD thought it was a good idea to give me a brand new out of the box four wheel drive diesel Toyota Land Cruiser. You give this jar head something that new and nice...you have to expect shenanigans...right? Man did I try my best at breaking that fine vehicle though. A few pics to document my...less than desirable moments.

Oh...and the last pic obviously wasn't me...but I thought this was a good one. You had two vehicles trying to pass on a steep mountain trail. On one side you have the mountain. On the other an almost vertical drop to the tune of about a thousand feet. You can see why I thought this was funny...right?

Qalinaw Badghis Jan 05 006.jpgQalinaw Badghis Jan 05 007.jpgDSC00331.JPGDSC00332.JPGDSC00333.JPGIMGP0410.JPG

Back