The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Injector
Blade: Schick Injector Blade (3rd Shave)
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Voskhod (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Ghost Dragon's Blood
Brush: The Shaving Cadre/Saponificio Varesino Two Band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Brush
The Penultimate Aftershave - Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Ariana & Evans - Cold Day in Hell 2

1607772960984.png

This particular flavor of CBL Soap is one of the first (if not THE first) soap I purchased from Chris @CBLSoap.com @CBLindsay. And man it is a favorite of mine. The scent really makes it special...but it is more the formulation I like. It is super soft and you could probably apply it as a cream. But where is the fun in that. Anyway, I know Chris has gotten away from using hemp oil in his formulations...but seriously...the hemp oil formulation is one of the best skin moisturizing shave soaps out there. My Skin really enjoys it.

Anyway...pulled out the Injector again and used it for the first pass. Then a mild shave all the way with the Progress on low and with a Voskhod blade. Three passes with the Progress and I am really smooth!

I have this aftershave that is a bit sandalwood heavy (I enjoy it immensely) from A&E. They only put it out once a year (if that). Anyway...it works pretty well with the Dragon's Blood as I always have a hard time matching this particular scent. Not perfect by any means...but close enough!

The Danger Zone

This weekend is all about Danger Baby.

Santa Clauses are in short supply and in high demand right now. Bass Pro Shoppes are doing a Santa Clause thing where you make an appointment, show up, and then hold your kid up in front of plexiglass.. LAME!!!! I get it...but it is still pretty lame. Anyway...we have a friend who is a volunteer firefighter and she is hooking us up with the Firehouse Santa! The best Santa in my opinion. So we are off this morning to a local firehouse in order to get Danger Baby's first pics with Santa. Here is the deal...while everyone is goo-gooing and ga-gaing over Danger baby and how pretty she is...Danger Dad is going to sneak off and play on the fire engine!

Tomorrow we have the baptism of Danger Baby scheduled also. These are interesting times...so I don't know how that is all going down. But this whole parenting thing is really growing on me.

I hope the Holidays are treating the Cadre just fine...and I hope TSC has a wonderful weekend!

And here i was expecting to see that you were going to dress up as Santa for her first pics. 😁

Hope your weekend goes smoothly Don!

You know I was secretly hoping to see a baptism by super soaker but the truth is I am happy for you and your beautiful family. And your Santa story reminded me of our adventure a couple years back. Of course Bass Pro Santa has been THE best for years, and because I used to have my Scouts volunteer to wrap presents and help the cashiers during the peaks weekends we always had a great option visit the old chap. Alas, a couple years ago it was going to be and my daughter was at that pivotal stage. We decided to get photos done locally at a free event held at a BAR. Bring a couple toys and get a free photo...my daughter was super excited to donate toys and meet Santa. We pulled up to the bar (a place we’d heard of often because they are always doing fundraising for something...but we’d never been to or even seen the place) there wasn’t a crowd or anyone else looking to get pictures, it was kind of a bust. Or so we thought. We grabbed the presents and went inside with our daughter only to find the place FULL of patrons getting their drink on and bar maids very scantily clad in festive “elf” attire (as was the norm I later learned). The bar maids all loved my daughter and the patrons were super cool, like the kind of guys you find at an Eagles or VFW. Turns out Santa pic were set up to be taken next door... in the lingerie store, were they kept the leather & lace and everything you can imagine you would NOT want your 9 year old daughter to see. We waited a few minutes while Santa and the sexy elves got ready for photos then went over and had the absolute best one on one Santa experience ever. What we saw and what my daughter saw were 2 different things, those people (and Santa) were there for money reason, to give my daughter a magical experience and they did. It was certainly memorable.

You know I was secretly hoping to see a baptism by super soaker but the truth is I am happy for you and your beautiful family. And your Santa story reminded me of our adventure a couple years back. Of course Bass Pro Santa has been THE best for years, and because I used to have my Scouts volunteer to wrap presents and help the cashiers during the peaks weekends we always had a great option visit the old chap. Alas, a couple years ago it was going to be and my daughter was at that pivotal stage. We decided to get photos done locally at a free event held at a BAR. Bring a couple toys and get a free photo...my daughter was super excited to donate toys and meet Santa. We pulled up to the bar (a place we’d heard of often because they are always doing fundraising for something...but we’d never been to or even seen the place) there wasn’t a crowd or anyone else looking to get pictures, it was kind of a bust. Or so we thought. We grabbed the presents and went inside with our daughter only to find the place FULL of patrons getting their drink on and bar maids very scantily clad in festive “elf” attire (as was the norm I later learned). The bar maids all loved my daughter and the patrons were super cool, like the kind of guys you find at an Eagles or VFW. Turns out Santa pic were set up to be taken next door... in the lingerie store, were they kept the leather & lace and everything you can imagine you would NOT want your 9 year old daughter to see. We waited a few minutes while Santa and the sexy elves got ready for photos then went over and had the absolute best one on one Santa experience ever. What we saw and what my daughter saw were 2 different things, those people (and Santa) were there for money reason, to give my daughter a magical experience and they did. It was certainly memorable.
Chris...that might be the best holiday story ever! Definitely memorable!

Happy birthday Don!
giphy.gif

Razor: Gillette Slim (Circa "I can't remember")
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche
Brush: The Shaving Cadre/Saponificio Varesino Two Band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Brush
The Penultimate Aftershave - Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche

1608598169800.png

Okay...so technically this isn't my Birthday Shave. I wasn't able to get one in on Saturday, December 19th (the grandest day of them all) because of the whole watching of Danger Baby while the wife is Christmas Shopping thing. So I have a few minutes to myself today and thought it was time for that monthly shower thing that I hear is all the rage these days. Slipped in a shave also. Anyway...this would have been my birthday shave...so here it is!

I love this soap and I LOVE this scent. Thanks to some kind people in the wet shaving community and here on this forum...I should have enough soap to last quite a while. And I should have enough aftershave to last almost as long.

Anyway...three passes on a few days of beard...maybe more...three passes on a mild setting with the slim and this shave turned out A-O-K! Maybe not a BBS shave...but definitely at least a DFS+.

Some nice sized splashes of the aftershave of the same name (can't glug this stuff or else I will end up using it all up before I get through the first tub)...I feel and smell great!

The Danger Zone

Danger Baby is starting to get a bit more fun. She is smiling and laughing more (and is starting to sleep a little more). But even the happiest babies get a stuffy nose...either from a sneeze or spaying formula from her nose. That's why I recommend The Nose Frida Snot Sucker!

NoseFrida the SNOTSUCKER – Frida | The fuss stops here.

Okay...sure...you guys will laugh and so "no way...I won't use that." I tell you what...if you have a fussy or crying baby and sucking the snot out of her nose is the only way to stop it...yes you will!

This devise has saved or butts big time. And it works! Don't worry though...there is a filter in it that keeps the invading boogers at bay!

1608598090823.png

I hope the Cadre is having a wonderful Winter Solstice and some merry and happy holidays!

Back