The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

tank-instructors-1024x640.jpg

Well...as most of you know...my life is forever changed. On October 16, 2020 at 12:47 PM, Amelie Antionette was borne into this wonderful and crazy world. I would say that 2020 has been a
shit show
to say the least. But when Amelie was born...that all changed. She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and now I understand what you all have been telling me. It's like a hole that I have always had, and never knew about, suddenly has been filled.

Anyway...I will try to be on more often...but time is limited at the moment. But I wanted to post a few pictures.

Also...a huge thanks to the TSC community for all the well wishes and support. I may not have had time to respond to everyone...but I have seen all the responses. Thank you TSC owners (@CBLindsay @CVargo @BarberDave ) for the banner that ran for several days and all the other support you have offered. This place is truly amazing!

1604594651708.png1604594714756.png1604594771584.png

Really adorable little girl. My wife wanted me to say thanks for allow us to be part of this part of your life (she saw the photos you posted on FB). As you said, this year has been a bit rough for many of us and she really enjoyed the little conversations we had along the way about you and your wife getting ready (the closet FULL of clothes ...and NO baby in sight) and finally the countdown and BABY. Sounds strange I know but after years of getting to know you over my shoulder she had someone to root for and a new baby to be excited about.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Voskhod (Shave # - Lost count already)
Soap/Cream: Ethos Grooming Essentials - Greenfresh
Brush: The Shaving Cadre/Saponificio Varesino Two Band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Brush
The Penultimate Aftershave - Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Essentials - Greenfresh

1605220860329.png

I have been shaving...really...I promise! Maybe not as much as I should be...but I have been shaving. I started work again on Monday and so I have to look presentable in some respects. Anyway...pulled out one of my newest favorite soaps and one that was gifted to me by @mrdoug and @Dragonsbeard . I am very grateful for this generosity. This is my second shave with Greenfresh. This is a powerful soap and aftershave set. Very clean and sophisticated, yet simple smelling. I love it. And while the scent might lend to warmer weather (cucumber, lemongrass, and spearmint)...it's still in the 80s here in southern Louisiana. So warm weather scents are still on! Only a two passer today as I was running out of time and I COULD NOT be late this morning. Nonetheless...this was a close comfortable shave.

The Danger Zone

This Fatherhood thing is starting to grow on me 🤪. Seriously though...these are interesting times in the Danger Household. Honestly, were are really trying to figure it all out. Just when I think I have a grasp on it...Danger Baby decides to change things up on us. I guess that is part of the adventure? I'll let you all know more when I have more time to type something out.

So we have already figured out a few items that make all the difference and some things that I think we should never have bought (or registered for). And some of this is probably not what you think. So yeay...there are tried and true ways and things...right? But some things that I thought were gimmicky and fadish are seriously making the world of difference.

I plan on going through some things that work or don't work for us currently in subsequent posts.

First up is something I have mentioned before...The Baby Breeza Formula Pro Advance. Think of a Kurig for baby formula.

1605220612818.png

I know a lot of people have said that mixing formula and warming the bottle doesn't take that long. I am sure that is all fine and dandy...but when you are about to turn 48 and you are a first time daddy...I need that competitive edge to get that food in the baby faster.

This will mix your formula with water and dispense it into your bottle in seriously about 10 seconds at the perfect temp. Who wouldn't want one of these. Call me lazy if you want...but when it is 3 in the morning and the baby is screaming her head off...I'll take 30 seconds over 3 minutes any day. It also acts as a water dispenser so if you need to mix something else you can do it.

The downside to this is that it ain't cheap. Luckily this was a gift to us...and I will use this thing until it won't run no more!

Hope the Cadre is having a wonderful day!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Voskhod (Shave # - Lost count already)
Soap/Cream: Ethos Grooming Essentials - Greenfresh
Brush: The Shaving Cadre/Saponificio Varesino Two Band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Brush
The Penultimate Aftershave - Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Essentials - Greenfresh

View attachment 40133

I have been shaving...really...I promise! Maybe not as much as I should be...but I have been shaving. I started work again on Monday and so I have to look presentable in some respects. Anyway...pulled out one of my newest favorite soaps and one that was gifted to me by @mrdoug and @Dragonsbeard . I am very grateful for this generosity. This is my second shave with Greenfresh. This is a powerful soap and aftershave set. Very clean and sophisticated, yet simple smelling. I love it. And while the scent might lend to warmer weather (cucumber, lemongrass, and spearmint)...it's still in the 80s here in southern Louisiana. So warm weather scents are still on! Only a two passer today as I was running out of time and I COULD NOT be late this morning. Nonetheless...this was a close comfortable shave.

The Danger Zone

This Fatherhood thing is starting to grow on me 🤪. Seriously though...these are interesting times in the Danger Household. Honestly, were are really trying to figure it all out. Just when I think I have a grasp on it...Danger Baby decides to change things up on us. I guess that is part of the adventure? I'll let you all know more when I have more time to type something out.

So we have already figured out a few items that make all the difference and some things that I think we should never have bought (or registered for). And some of this is probably not what you think. So yeay...there are tried and true ways and things...right? But some things that I thought were gimmicky and fadish are seriously making the world of difference.

I plan on going through some things that work or don't work for us currently in subsequent posts.

First up is something I have mentioned before...The Baby Breeza Formula Pro Advance. Think of a Kurig for baby formula.

View attachment 40130

I know a lot of people have said that mixing formula and warming the bottle doesn't take that long. I am sure that is all fine and dandy...but when you are about to turn 48 and you are a first time daddy...I need that competitive edge to get that food in the baby faster.

This will mix your formula with water and dispense it into your bottle in seriously about 10 seconds at the perfect temp. Who wouldn't want one of these. Call me lazy if you want...but when it is 3 in the morning and the baby is screaming her head off...I'll take 30 seconds over 3 minutes any day. It also acts as a water dispenser so if you need to mix something else you can do it.

The downside to this is that it ain't cheap. Luckily this was a gift to us...and I will use this thing until it won't run no more!

Hope the Cadre is having a wonderful day!

Boobs are faster!

Back