The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

This is an enlightened philosophy, one that I catch glimpses of at work.
My wife actually uses this with her employees. It is amazing to see how that type of motivation and corrective action can usher forth a positive and productive worker.

Hang on for Hallowe'en! It's only 2 more weeks!
ac7e86fd8c6a6953b686cc0e7b9a8900.gif

The caffeine found in coffee increases the production of stress hormones. As a result of this added stress, insulin levels increase, which can also increase inflammation and aggravate joint pain.
Strange, coffee makes me sleepy. If I have trouble sleeping (very rarely) I make coffee, and my mourning coffee makes my eyelids heavy, but my knees and shoulder feel better. :unsure:

Great name choice! Does it have any special meanings for you guys or did it just click when you said it?
Thanks Chris! Amelie is name that the wife and I really like. It's an old French name and living in Louisiana were there is heavy French influence, we thought it was fitting. Antoinette is the wife's grandmother's name.

Thanks Don.
I would have messed that up and thought that was the French spelling for Amelia or Emily. Tragically un-traveled.
I think it is the French variation on Amelia.

My eldest, Amelia, has taken French in school for 5 years... That's how she says her name is pronounced in French. Then again, I'm presuming she's paying any attention in school. Lol. Just kidding.

Great choice Don! A beautiful name. [emoji106]

Beautiful name choice Don. Getting close now!
Thanks Don.
I would have messed that up and thought that was the French spelling for Amelia or Emily. Tragically un-traveled.
I think it is the French variation on Amelia.

My eldest, Amelia, has taken French in school for 5 years... That's how she says her name is pronounced in French. Then again, I'm presuming she's paying any attention in school. Lol. Just kidding.

Great choice Don! A beautiful name. [emoji106]
Thanks guys!

Razor: Merkur - Progress
Blade: Vidyut Supermax Stainless (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Company - Deton-8
Brush: The Shaving Cadre/Saponificio Varesino Two Band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Brush
The Penultimate Aftershave - Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Stirling Soap Company - Deton-8

Monday evening when I got home from work, I had a very pleasant surprise waiting for me in the mail box. It turns out, unbeknownst to me, that Tim @MilkCrate sent me a Stirling Deton-8 soap and aftershave set! I was befuddled. Did I enter a PIF and forgot about it (it's been known to happen). Have I gown senile before my time...still waiting for the results on that one. Nope...it turns out that Tim sent me the set because he is a really good guy! Just want to say BIG THANK YOU to MilkCrate! The best damn mode of transportation for a dairy product!

I went ahead and shaved with the set this morning. The soap performs like a Stirling Soap...awesome as usual...and the aftershave does its job...soothes the face, leaves me feeling great, and damn do I smell good! Three passes as usual. No blood in the mix that I saw. And I am feeling very smooth! The Deton-8 scent is a winner. The wife likes it...I like it...Chauncy the Danger Hound...well he doesn't like it so much...but that's because it's not food! Anyway...it's a winner for me.

The Danger Zone

Damn am I busy at work! I mean I am super busy. Trying to tie up loose ends before I go on baby leave for a couple of weeks. And since I need to stay home a couple weeks before the baby is born, any thing that I need to do in the office, has to be done between now and Friday. Yup...official freak out mode begins in 3...2...1....FREAK OUT!!!!

But this morning I am in a relatively good mood. Must have had some good sleep last night. The coffee this morning us unusually good. I must have a better outlook on life for some reason.

The wife is more and more uncomfortable. I keep telling her, "Two more weeks baby!" And she keeps telling something along the lines of...shove it in your pie hole! I then tell her she is the most beautiful woman in the world. To which her reply is something like Linda Blair's character Regan from The Exorcist with the rotating of the head and the spewing of Satanic fluids. Yeah...watch it fellas...she is all mine!

I hope the Cadre has an absolute wonderful day! Someone told me once..."If you gotta go...go with a smile!" Of course she told me this before she dumped me...but yeah...it's still nice! 🤪

Back