The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

That's a bunch of crap, Don. I feel your frustration with the boss. Any chance that you can go in wearing a Hawaiian shirt and flip flops? Make the best of an annoying situation I suppose.

That's a bunch of crap, Don. I feel your frustration with the boss. Any chance that you can go in wearing a Hawaiian shirt and flip flops? Make the best of an annoying situation I suppose.
Hawaiian Shirt...yes...flip flops...probably not. But you give me ideas!

I think Mike @Blade-meister will be really proud of me this morning as I took the left over lather and did some Mammoth Painting. 🤪 Can't waste that good scent!

Proud as can be!:LOL:

Well, knew development at work. I was told that "I can come into the office everyday for the next two weeks if I want." Okay, seriously?

My boss ORDERED us back to work in the office in June while he still works from home! I'm really big on leadership issues and man it's taken me a long time to get over this one. I've seen him in the office a grand total of 2 times since March. It's a real pain too because if I have a question on a case I have to scan the whole file and send it to him whereas before I'd just stop in and discuss the issue with the case in his office and he could look through the file. This is my leadership philosophy:

Difference-Between-Boss-and-Leader.jpg

Sounds like your boss and mine went to the same school on leadership. I gotta have a strong leader to follow, no wishy-washy stuff or I tend to just fill the vacuum. Filling the vacuum always gets me in trouble too. Give me a leader any day and for goodness sake, make the tough calls if you do lead. Sorry, you mentioning this really got me going again!

Proud as can be!:LOL:

My boss ORDERED us back to work in the office in June while he still works from home! I'm really big on leadership issues and man it's taken me a long time to get over this one. I've seen him in the office a grand total of 2 times since March. It's a real pain too because if I have a question on a case I have to scan the whole file and send it to him whereas before I'd just stop in and discuss the issue with the case in his office and he could look through the file. This is my leadership philosophy:

Sounds like your boss and mine went to the same school on leadership. I gotta have a strong leader to follow, no wishy-washy stuff or I tend to just fill the vacuum. Filling the vacuum always gets me in trouble too. Give me a leader any day and for goodness sake, make the tough calls if you do lead. Sorry, you mentioning this really got me going again!

No apologies necessary. I think you and are of the same mind here. My supervisor (I hate to call him boss) would not have done well in the military. He would have lost the respect of his men from day one. I believe that as a supervisor, it is your job to number 1, put your people in the best position to succeed. Number 2, step in and do the work when things get rough, and number 3, lead by example. (not necessarily in that order) I have heard my supervisor on many occasion, and just the other day, say, "I don't know how to do it and I don't want to learn." His work philosophy is that everyone does the work (to include his) and he does only what he has to. He is someone I would call...a delegator. There are days that I really hate going into work. It's not because of the work I do...I really like that aspect...but because of him.

Thanks for the comment Mike!

Razor: Merkur - Progress
Blade: Nacet (4th Shave Shave)
Soap/Cream: Grooming Department - Mallard
Brush: The Shaving Cadre/Saponificio Varesino Two Band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger Brush
The Penultimate Aftershave - Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Lavender Pour Homme

So the Nacet blade after the fourth shave has really settled in. Still sharp even after a few shaves of the wire bristles that I call facial hair. But it has definitley smoothed out a bunch. I'll keep going with it this week and see how it fairs. The TSC/SV bush is also getting better. It is a super dense knot that I really like! Decided to give the Lavender software a go today. The weather is kind of crappy with rain coming in from Tropical Storm Beta...or whatever is the latest tropical disturbance. But with it brought some cooler temps...it's 66 degrees out there and so the lavender is in play! Three fine passes and I have a Dmn Fine Shave...maybe better. Splashed on the aftershave and man am I feeling good. Just wish there were more people in the elevator to join in on my woundeful scent!

The Danger Zone

The weekend was busy doing projects around the house. I wasn't able to mow because of the rain...but I still got a ton accomplished. We are getting that much closer to D-Day! That is...Danger Baby Day!

Hope the Cadre starts their week off right! Have a great one!

Back