The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Eh, it’s the tradition of first time parents. It’s exciting to be able to buy stuff and you want to do the right thing. Then two years later you look back at the floor toy they only played with for a month. The clothes that were never worn because they were too small to start with. Etc etc. but what the heck. As long as you still get to send out soap/AS to all the cadre to celebrate I say live it up!

So @NurseDave would that soap be scented like AD ointment?

BA41100811349-CS_image-0.jpg

I love the creativity :ROFLMAO:
Dude...this company is great. The owners even have a podcast where they talk about #dadlife. I am very impressed so far. It seems like the setup is a little pricey. But I have paid a lot more for a backpack of similar quality and obviously without the (baby) attachments.

Dude...this company is great. The owners even have a podcast where they talk about #dadlife. I am very impressed so far. It seems like the setup is a little pricey. But I have paid a lot more for a backpack of similar quality and obviously without the (baby) attachments.
I have no doubt that you'll get your money's worth out of it. It looks like it's built solid, and not a dainty little pamper bag.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water - Coconut Sandalwood
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Platinum

I waited until yesterday evening to get my shave in that I sorely needed. Sneaked it in just before the social distancing call that Chad has been hosting. Came out super smooth after three passes. The first pass was a bit...well...hairy. But the trusty Progress with a Feather blade made swift work of the facial weeds. Mystic Water, when properly lathered, just might be the slickest soap out there! Normally I would have splashed on something of lesser quality...but I was feeling good and didn't want to waste the moment, so I doused myself with Fine Platinum. Even the wife could appreciate that scent.

The Danger Zone!!!

Finishing up some things for work today and then I have to go get the baby furniture that we purchased last week. My brother is coming over to help me move a hutch that I just can't do myself. I wouldn't have asked him if it wasn't important and this monstrosity of a piece of furniture has to go.Have to get the old stuff out and bring in the new. It looks like I will be painting the new baby room tomorrow and this weekend. I am not looking forward to painting (2016 we repainted the whole house), but it's only one room.

Hope the Cadre is keeping their selves well and occupied. Have a great Thursday!

Back