The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Glad that everything is looking good for your wife and y'alls little one. I'm also glad you were able to find a cheaper lab to do the genetic test. I can't believe that insurance agencies are ignoring what doctors are saying and deeming what is necessary themselves.

Glad that everything is looking good for your wife and y'alls little one. I'm also glad you were able to find a cheaper lab to do the genetic test. I can't believe that insurance agencies are ignoring what doctors are saying and deeming what is necessary themselves.
Yeah...pretty much my thoughts also. But we can swing the $99.00. Plus side to the genetic testing is that in about two weeks, we will know if we are having a boy or a girl.

First, they were able to hear the baby's heartbeat. Doctor said it sounds the way it is supposed to. Secondly, they were able to see the baby moving around...and evidently a lot. Mama's blood pressure and lab work all were fine also.
Sweet news Don! Maybe the next visit your wife can take video of the US so you can hear the hear too. It is pretty cool to experience.

Sweet news Don! Maybe the next visit your wife can take video of the US so you can hear the hear too. It is pretty cool to experience.
The wife was going to this time around, but she said it was actually hard to hear the heartbeat. Not that the heartbeat itself was weak...just the audio of it.

Razor: Schick Injectah!!!!
Blade: Schick Injector (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapey - Lavender and Pepermint
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Danger Elixir
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Lavender Pour Homme

1586720418474.png

And...another ABC Shave in the book! I let the wife decide on the soap today...of course without prompting she said that she wanted me to shave with the stuff that smells like Easter chocolate. She is referring to A&E's Choco Cubano, and oddly enough...yes...it smells a lot like Easter Chocolate. I told her that it needs to be an "L" themed shaved and she went with the Lavender & Peppermint by Sudsy Soapery. No issues there...as this scent profile is amazing! I had a few days of growth on me so I pulled out the Injectah! The Injector is my go to when I have long thick stubble to get rid of in a hurry. It did so quickly! Ended up with an almost BBS and probably about as good as I can get! Splashed on...Glugged on some Fine Lavender Pour Homme and either the Angelic Choirs are singing because it's Easter...or they are Singing because I smell so damn good!

The Danger Zone!!!

I have always said that nothing says that the Lord is risen better than a ham. Yup...a ham it is for our traditional Easter dinner. And a ham is in my belly! A whole ham you ask? Pretty close to it! But all joking aside...had a nice Easter dinner with the wife while Ben-Hur is on the television. Love those older movies that took years to make...truly they were Epics! It was and is a good afternoon. I am about ready for a nap now!

Have a Great Easter Cadre!

Razor: Gem Open Comb Micormatic
Blade: Gem Blue Star (New Blade)
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Personna Platinum (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - One
Brush: Stirling 24 mm Fam in Finest Badger
The Ultimate Aftershave: Suavecito Premium Blends - Whiskey Bar

1586990095326.png

Just a quick high and bye as I have to grab dinner before the Social Distancing Meet-Up starts! Saved this shave for this evening as the soap was delivered just this afternoon! The scent on this soap is described by Lisa as, "One is a designer duplicate of Dulce & Gabbana's The One for men. Fragrance notes, Top notes of bergamot, coriander and basil, middle notes of cardamom, ginger and neroli, base notes of cedar ambergris and tobacco." It's definitely a keeper! I'll keep most of my comments to myself on performance before I use it another time or two. But first impressions are very positive...and I wouldn't expect anything different from @LNHC . Great shave. I started out with the OCMM and probably got a little more skin than I wanted. So I finished off with the Progress...super smooth!

The Danger Zone!!!

Still working from home and actually getting stuff done!

Back