The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Ladas (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming in collaboration with Chatillion Lux - Admiral
Brush: TSC Member Brush in Finest Badger by Eric Sorrentino (@Smattayu )
The Penultimate Aftershave: Danger Elixir
The Ultimate Aftershave: Chatillion Lux - Admiral

1585754509772.png

It's April 1st! And normally that means April Fools Day. But I think the world right now has enough tomfoolery going on in it. But April starts off the Shave Themes and today is brought to you by the letter "A." So I opted for the collaboration between Declaration Grooming and Chatillion Lux and their soap ad aftershave called Admiral. A really nice scent that the wife actually likes, This is a huge deal because she is really overly sensitive to a lot of scents right now. And working from home might prove a little difficult because I can't just splash some on when I leave for work. Either way...man this is some good soap and a great shave! Three passes after several days of not shaving and I am looking pretty damn good right now!

The Danger Zone!!!

It's only been a couple of weeks since I started working from home...but I am finding myself being productive concerning house hold chores. But I am finding myself getting more workouts done also and I am feeling pretty darn good both physically and mentally. My back isn't hurting nearly as much as it used to and I think I am getting more cardio in too. All in all...I think I am making good use of what is a pretty bad situation.

Check out the video below. It's really quick.

I hope the Cadre is staying healthy and feeling good mentally. There is a lot going on...but we can still stay sharp. Have a great one Cadre!

Gee so happy you like the admiral set I sold you.
Do you have anymore CL stuff?
The Weinstrasse is fantastic. It kinda reminds me of admiral but this has a grape note.
I have about 7 CL aftershaves
If you would like a sample of some let me know and would be happy to send you some.

Gee so happy you like the admiral set I sold you.
Do you have anymore CL stuff?
The Weinstrasse is fantastic. It kinda reminds me of admiral but this has a grape note.
I have about 7 CL aftershaves
If you would like a sample of some let me know and would be happy to send you some.
I have Vide Poche and I am a HUGE fan! This is the only Declaration Grooming and Chatillion Lux collaboration I have.

I also have Lemon Rose Chypre which is a Sudsy Soapery and Chatillion Lux collaboration. It was given to me as a gift in the exchange at Christmas a couple years ago. I was really surprised at how much I liked it!

I appreciate the offer...let me think on it!

I have Vide Poche and I am a HUGE fan! This is the only Declaration Grooming and Chatillion Lux collaboration I have.

I also have Lemon Rose Chypre which is a Sudsy Soapery and Chatillion Lux collaboration. It was given to me as a gift in the exchange at Christmas a couple years ago. I was really surprised at how much I liked it!

I appreciate the offer...let me think on it!
I will take a picture of what I have later today and send it too you.
Sudsy Soapery makes some great soap as well. I have a set of Blizzard. And had others sold a few to rotate (I do that too often ha ha).

Great set up Don. I really like the Declaration scents that I’ve tried so far, and it is an excellent performer as well.

Razor: Gillette Big Fellow
Blade: Voskhod (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Company - Bay Rum
Brush: Synthetic Shave Brush by Eric Sorrentino (@Smattayu )
The Ultimate Aftershave: Grand Bay - Bay Rum

1585839273738.png

Today's shave is brought to you by the letter "B." And what better way to celebrate the Letter B than with Bay Rum! And Big Fellow! So I loaded up some Stirling Bay Rum Soap and did a nice two passer with my Big Fellow! This is such an awesome razor and it looks awesome too! Got this razor for a steal (and a little luck)...but she's all mine! I have seen few in similar or better condition and fewer still that have the box and blade bank. Yeah...this bad boy is all mine! I'll add a couple of pics of the whole ensemble! Finished off the shave with a nice splash, or two, or three of the Grand Bay Bay Rum. This scent doesn't stick around long, so it shouldn't interfere with the wife's super snooter.

Oh...and by the way...another video is uploading..but it's taking a while to do so. I'll post it when it's ready.

Big Fellow 2.jpgBig Fellow 6.jpg

The Danger Zone!!!

Working from home is serving me well as my commute time has been cut significantly. Let's say by...oh...I don't know...100%. That and I think I have taken business casual to a whole new level! I won't bore you with pics...or more likely...it's not appropriate to show. And by the way...as a society...we have become the laziest we have ever been. I say this as I complain that my robot vacuum cleaner (affectionately called Rosie after Rosie the Robot Maid from The Jetsons), keeps trying to vacuum around my feet. Now why can't she go clean somewhere else!

Anyway...hope the Cadre is staying sane and is healthy in this Mad Mad World! Hang on there...we will all get through this and be stronger for it!

1585839928348.png1585839978506.png

Working from home is serving me well as my commute time has been cut significantly. Let's say by...oh...I don't know...100%. That and I think I have taken business casual to a whole new level! I won't bore you with pics...or more likely...it's not appropriate to show.
My wife worked from home and did a lot of teleconferencing with coworkers. Of course the camera catches only so much so they did "Pants Free Fridays".

BTW, I really like that Gillette Big Fellow razor with the original box. When were those made? Never mind--I took a look at your video--mid twenties. Sweet and in great condition.

My wife worked from home and did a lot of teleconferencing with coworkers. Of course the camera catches only so much so they did "Pants Free Fridays".

BTW, I really like that Gillette Big Fellow razor with the original box. When were those made? Never mind--I took a look at your video--mid twenties. Sweet and in great condition.
I believe they were made in the 20s and 30s. I believe mine was made around 1927ish...I will have to check the Serial Number again. But it really is a great razor!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Ladas (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans - Choco Cubano
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Ultimate Aftershave: Ariana & Evans - Choco Cubano

1585920549723.png

It's a "C" Shave today! And Choco Cubano got the call! Double "C" in it's name...so I had to use it. I like the way this soap smells...green leaf tobacco and chocolate. From the soap make himself, the notes are: Bergamot, tangerine, vanilla, fig, chocolate truffle, incense, cedar, sandalwood and tobacco. But just a great scent! My wife likes the scent...but says it smells like Easter Candy! Anyway...a nice two pass shave and I smell and feel great!

The Danger Zone!!!

Felt a little lazy yesterday and didn't workout. I can't make that too much of a habit. The wife goes in for a visit to the Doc next week for some genetic testing and other things related to her pregnancy. In light of recent events, The Woman's Hospital (where she goes for her baby stuff) is only allowing patients to enter and absolutely no visitors. So until the world fixes itself...I won't be going with the wife for any visits for things like...hearing the baby's heartbeat...any other ultrasounds...and if this is still going on in October (God help us all if it is) the delivery of our baby. I am only slightly stressed about this...but I am even more stressed by the fact that Richelle is stressed out about it. Oh well...I am sure things will sort themselves out!

It's Friday Cadre! I am not sure if that means anything right now...but if nothing else...we made it through the week! Have a great one...and have a great weekend!

Back