The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

I hope you'll be feeling better soon, Don. To hell with that flu nonsense!

Thanks guys! I'm pretty much all better right now. I'm not the only one in these parts that has been sick like this. For some reason, Louisiana has one of the highest influenza rates at the moment. And yup... @Maryland998 I did have a flu shot about six months ago. I know some people think that by getting the flu shot you are more prone to the flu. Others think that if you get the flu shot then if you get the flu the symptoms are less or worse...I honestly don't know. And until there is some concrete evidence on the subject, I'll keep getting them. All I know is that I get my flu shot every year and this is the first time I have contracted the virus while having a flu shot.

But again...thanks guys for the well wishes.

Razor: Occam Enoch
Blade: Feather Pro (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Tashmere
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Aqua Velva - Ice Sport

1582383585702.png

Third Shave with the Occam Enoch. I really want to like this razor. I love the way it looks. I love the way it feels in my hands. I love the texture of the handle. I love the heft of the razor. I love the color of the metal. I love the way it is constructed. And for the price...this should be a great razor. Here is where I am having an issue with it.

My WtG and AtG passes seem to be just fine. Nice and smooth and the razor glides just like I expect it. But my XtG passes don't seem to be as smooth and the end result is that I am not getting the results that I want on this pass. I have adjusted to try to get the right angles and am just having a hard time getting them.

The other issue that I have is that when I am all finished with the shave...it is a decent shave...but I just don't feel that these are the same results as other razors. I am smooth for most the day...but I feel the stubble comes back much earlier in the day than other shaves.

This all could be my fault (and I am certain that it is), but after three shaves...it just isn't getting there yet. I'll move on to the General for my next shave and then on to the OREN. If I have time I will try to come back to the Enoch and see if I can figure this out.

The Danger Zone!!!

Pretty much better now from the Flu. Just a tad lingering cough that I think is more habit than my body actually having a cough. Going to try to get some things around the house done today so that I can go into the week not worrying about a lot loose ends. The weather seems to finally be drying up a bit. We have had a lot of rain lately making everything just damp. It's a little on the cold side today...but I am glad to finally see the sun.

Have a great weekend Cadre!

It’s too bad that the Enoch doesn’t quite fall in your wheelhouse. Good thing there are hundreds of other razors out there lol.

It’s too bad that the Enoch doesn’t quite fall in your wheelhouse. Good thing there are hundreds of other razors out there lol.
I'm not giving up on it yet. I have a feeling I just need to adjust something minor on my part.

You said LOVE 6 times in that review. That's a lot of love. But one fly in the sweet tea. Is a bummer.
Hope you find a swatter for your "Fly",

Also glad you're feeling better. The ripple effect of my question for you. Resulted in lots of good information. Thanks to all that have/are participating in this on going topic.
Fluffy

Razor: Aluminum General
Blade: Feather Pro (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Grassroots Lavender
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Lavender Pour Homme

After three shaves with the Occam Enoch, I decided to compare it with the Aluminum General. I have used the Brass General before, but this is my first go with the aluminum variety. I have to say that this guy shaves a lot better than I was expecting. A little on the lighter side of things, but all in all...'tis was a great shave.First impressions are that that I am able to get a smoother shave with the General than with the Enoch. Not sure why really...just the way it is I guess. Three passes in the usual manner and I am DFS + with an added emphasis on the plus side of things. Some healthy glugs of the Lavender Pour Homme and I am ready to announce myself to the world. Well, at least to those who ride the elevator with me. 🤪

The Danger Zone!!!

Back to work this morning after a lengthy time off because of the "death" like symptoms. It's hard to really get motivated to go really, but I know the work is piling up and the nice cushion that I had in my work schedule has all but been erased I am sure. To make things worse...we have tomorrow off for Mardi Gras and that means that I will be less motivated to work today. Oh well...gotta get things done.

Let's start this week off great Cadre!

Back