The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

I just looked at the map and saw that the blue line thing is passing over us right now. Then I zoomed out and saw all that white precipitation NW of us. :oops: I hope the danger family comes through unscathed.

Hope the day is going swimmingly Don!

We’ve been trying thunder shirts and hemp treats for our Dachshund, who has extreme separation anxiety. It seems to help calm her most of the time. Still haven’t been able to leave her alone too long though.

We’ve been trying thunder shirts and hemp treats for our Dachshund, who has extreme separation anxiety. It seems to help calm her most of the time. Still haven’t been able to leave her alone too long though.

Yeah my Male redbone coonhound has really bad separation anxiety. I tried everything from aroma therapy, training classes, thunder shirt, cbd oil, everything. Finally I took him to the vet and got him prescribed anti-depressants. I can't believe I just wrote that last line, but I am really glad that I took him. He is still hos same goofy self, but he can relax and chill instead of being anxious all the time.

Yeah my Male redbone coonhound has really bad separation anxiety. I tried everything from aroma therapy, training classes, thunder shirt, cbd oil, everything. Finally I took him to the vet and got him prescribed anti-depressants. I can't believe I just wrote that last line, but I am really glad that I took him. He is still hos same goofy self, but he can relax and chill instead of being anxious all the time.
We have an anxious dog as well. Not so much separation issues, but just high strung - so much so that he goes off his feed sometimes. We've also tried all of those things, including the anti-depressants. Unfortunately he stops eating when he's on the drugs, so we've discontinued them.

We have an anxious dog as well. Not so much separation issues, but just high strung - so much so that he goes off his feed sometimes. We've also tried all of those things, including the anti-depressants. Unfortunately he stops eating when he's on the drugs, so we've discontinued them.

Can you help me out and respond to this post?

How the danger hounds are doing ok Don!
They made it. I didn't sleep much last night. I dosed the Danger Hounds around 5 PM last night. The bad portion of the storms didn't hit us until about 12:30 AM. Here is the thing about CBD products that I have noticed. At least the ones I have used, if an event is occurring and the dogs are already hyped up, the CBD product is less likely to work. At least in this case of situational anxiety. Had I dosed them again around 10 PM or 11 PM things might have been different. But all in all...it was okay. Like I said...I didn't get much sleep...but it's no biggie. I have gon a lot longer with a lot less sleep before.

Yeah, separation anxiety is kind of a bad one. It's triggered by a host of factors. If you specifically haven't tried CBD (might be different than the hemp treats, I would give it a try. It might help out...but then again...dogs are all made differently.

No shame in that. Sometimes the dog just needs that extra help. And I believe it is worth it for our furry friends. And it sounds like you tried everything first.

Yeah not eating is not good. But I know your dog is well loved.

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (Black) (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - Iron Throne
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Ante-penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Penultimate Aftershave: Superior 70
The Ultimate Aftershave: Wholly Kaw - King of Oud

1580993564079.png

I decided to give up the CBL 3017. Don't fret though...I just moved on to another CBL Soap...Iron Throne! I just have too many good soaps right now that I want to try out and haven't been able to. So...no worries...I just move on.

A couple of quick notes...my shave wasn't all that great today. End results were good (not great) and they were not because of the soap. I think it was the result of one or two things. I used my Slim that I haven't used in a very long time. And while my blade was new...I am wondering if it wasn't at 100% for whatever reason. Then again...it could have just all been me...you know...user error.

The soap is really so much more than I hoped for. This is not my first go around with a CBL Premium Soap, and not my first go around with a hemp oil base of Chris'. But man...using other soaps for a while....I really forgot how great this version is. The cooling is amazing. It's like Jack Frost pressed the gas in his winter machine and didn't let up! The soap stayed cool the entire shave and then some...and then some quite a bit.

The scent on this soap is Amaze-Balls...yeah I said it...AMAZE-BALLS!!! I would have never guessed that these scents would all come together...but the do.

Made with real menthol and a combination of 2 synthetic menthols this soap base is truly chilling. Warm Bay Leaf, cool Juniper Berry, sweet and smooth rum soaked wood, smokey Cedar, hints of Sandalwood and pungent Black Oud blend together in an exciting and vibrant scent made even more exciting by the cooling menthol. A true Fire and Ice experience you won’t want to miss.Primary notes: Juniper Berry, Bay Leaf (Bay Rum), Cedar, Sandalwood & Black Oud

Oh Mama! This stuff smells great!

As far as for the soap itself...it performs at elite levels in ALL AREAS. It's some good stuff!

Three Passes with the slim...and while the shave was a little on the rough level...the outcome was still DFS...actually a little better.

Playing around with the Superior 70 and decided to do a layer of the witch hazel and then the Superior 70. I actually like that combination a lot and am likely going to make a concoction of the two in the near future.

A few Splashes of King of Oud...you know...for the people in the Elevator!

The Danger Zone!!!

Went and got my eyes checked yesterday. Little change to the prescription...but since I have insurance that gives a pretty good allowance, I went ahead with new glasses anyway. Since they are progressive lenses...I have to wait a week or two before they are ready.

Storms came in last night and had little sleep. You can read more about that in the post above.

Applied for another job...doing pretty much what I do now just with supervision. Unfortunately where I am at in my agency there is no where to go up...well there is...but it is unlikely I will get the position at any time as they like to hire attorneys into that position. While I have supervision experience from the Military...it's been a while. And if I want to move up in State Government...I need that experience. I likely wont happen, but you have to apply to even be considered...right?

It Thursday Cadre! Go get it!

Thank you for reviewing the Iron Throne soap! That is one I have been looking at for a while, and now I am for sure getting it. Also, good luck on that application. Hopefully you get some good news!

Thank you for reviewing the Iron Throne soap! That is one I have been looking at for a while, and now I am for sure getting it. Also, good luck on that application. Hopefully you get some good news!
Iron Throne (as well as others) is at a discounted price right now. Plus, if you look at the @CBLSoap.com signature...I think there is a coupon code for 10% off. I mean...how can you go wrong here?! :p

I'll make sure to show my wife this post when she comes at me with the pregnancy rage. "Hun, you can't go wrong!"
Hey...I'm just trying to save you money...no guarantees that a Hormone Enraged Pregnant Woman with a Sea Monkey baking in the oven can be reasonable.

Back