The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

I have also been curious about Fine products. I have heard really good things about their soaps, especially their american blend.
L'Orange Noir is another great scent from Fine. The pucks are truly a bargain, as the soap lasts a good long while, lather well, and smell great. I have used a number of Fine pucks and have never disliked the flavor of any of them.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (Black) (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - CBL Tonsorial - Balsamic Oud (11th Shave)
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - American Blend

And once again...pretty much the same items. Switched back to the Stirling Synthetic...Other than that...The same. Two pass shave today instead of three, and no reason except that I just felt like it. DFS and life is normal as usual. Going with the same aftershave too...Fine American Blend...it is an aftershave that I consider a barber shop type scent. Though it isn't a traditional barbershop scent. Don't know...I just picture this scent in a barbershop for some reason. I'll take it easy on those in the elevator today though. So I will keep the glugs to three or four.

The Danger Zone!!!

Yesterday, instead of doing another HIIT class I decided to take a walk. The knee is swollen again and am trying to get it to go away. I observed something though. It seems that I have approximately the same amount of energy expenditure if I walk and hour or if I spin (spin class that is) for 45 minutes. I thought that this was odd...so I researched the topic a little. Sure enough...just plain old walking burns more calories than I thought it would. Just an observation.

It's Friday Ladies and Germs! And I hope you all Crush it!

Fine AB is a really great scent. If you like it and don't want to pay top dollar for YSL Rive Gauche, which it is the frag it's based on, Azzaro Pour Homme is a great option. Assuming you even want to go the frag route that is lol.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (Black) (5th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - CBL Tonsorial - Balsamic Oud (12th Shave)
Brush: Stirling 24 mm Fan in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: L&L Grooming (Declaration Grooming) Cuir et Epices After Shave Balm

I know it's fun to shave everyday, but I love it when I go a couple of days...like the weekend...without shaving and then get this really incredible shave! I wish every shave could feel that way...But I also realize that I probably shouldn't show up to work all Grizzly Adams looking either. Not that the work has a problem with me growing a beard...but I just don't wanna!

Anyway...fifth shave on the 7 O'Clock Black, and I feel like the blade is cutting about as good as when it was new. Most blades at this point and time are usually giving me the Mississippi River Boat Captain...you know...tugging and pulling. But I feel like it is still going strong. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Man! Not sure what I did differently this morning, but the amount of rich, thick lather was crazy amazing today! Man did it feel good on my face! Did a three passer and had so much lather left. Did my usual by applying excess lather on my face and leaving it there while I clean up. Decided to leave it there while I made coffee too. And then left there a while longer. Not sure why...but man did it feel great on my skin. Cold water rinsed it off (it was a little sad...like saying goodbye to a best friend) and my face was super slick and super smooth. Love the way it feels! If it wasn't for the depressions on the neck on either side of the throat center-line (these are my trouble areas), I would be BBS! But I will take a DFS+ for the morning.

I am not much of a balm guy...but I thought I would start trying something. I have several bottles of balm that I have acquired here and there and pulled out the L&L Grooming Cuir et Epices Balm. Man that stuff is thick and is one of the reasons why I don't like balms. They always make my face feel like it suffocating and then usually makes me sweat. Well I am going to try these balms for a little while and see if I can detect any noticeable difference. I'll probably splash something on in a bit...but as of yet, I have not decided.

The Danger Zone!!!

Gave my knee some rest this weekend and it is much better. Still a little swollen and a little uncomfortable, but better. I hate to say it (or maybe I don't) but I think exercise with significant impact is going to be off the menu...at least for a bit. I still enjoy the strength classes as it is my primary pain management for my lower back. Strength training seems to be the ONLY thing that actually reduces the pain. So...no matter what...that will continue.

Going to the dentist again to get my Occlusal guard or splint fitted. Not happy about spending money on something that 1) may or may not work, 2) insurance doesn't pitch in, and 3) is pretty darn expensive. I am going on faith here. I have complete trust in my dentist as I have known her for quite some time and before she was a dentist.

Let's start the week off right Cadre. Have a tremendous Monday!

I can't do impact exercise either and wish I could run/jog. Frustrating. Hope the mouth thing works and you feel it is worth 10 times what you pay for it (y)

Back