The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co. - Triumph
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. - Triumph

1577540428843.png

Today's Shave is dedicated to my LSU Tigers who are playing in there first Playoff Game in the College Football Playoffs since the playoff's were instituted. And what perfect shave to dedicate to the Fightin' Tigers than Stirling Triumph! We all know how it performs and how good it smells, so I won't get too much in it. Just know that I will be the smoothest and best smelling LSU Fan sitting in his Lazy Boy and eating Nachos, or Sausage and Mustard, or whatever football fare I plan to stuff my face with today...and drinking beer and/or whiskey!

The Danger Zone!!!

Like I said above...I'll be watching LSU and many other football games today. A lot of really good games on today! If you are wondering what is on and what to watch...here is a schedule for today!

Dec 28 Bowl Scedule.jpg

Got some really nice things this week for Christmas. One of my favorite things was a pair of underwear. No...don't worry...I won't be posting pics of me modeling them. But I have to at least show the pattern!
1577540132756.png
I totally dig this! I so need to a T-Shirt of this!

Anyway...I hope this weekend is enjoyable for the Cadre. We all survived the holidays and now it's time for a little football!

It's the eve of the eve of Christmas and I have a lot of people on my mind. Not sad thoughts by any means...just people in my thoughts. Many f them are here on the Cadre. Some are those I have never met or don't even know. I know it's all ominous...I just want to keep people in remembrance this Christmas.
I am late in commenting, but I do appreciate your thoughts above. Now that I am upper middle aged (if there is such a thing! Or maybe just older works better!), I, too, think about people whose lives no longer intermingle with mine and Christmases past. Many good thoughts, and much reconnecting, but mostly via electronic means. And many things (or all things) cannot be repeated. You can't go back. But we can cherish the memories and work to make beautiful ones now with those around us. Thank Don (@dangerousdon ) for the post.

giphy.gif

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw - King of Oud
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Wholly Kaw - King of Oud

After having several days off of work and only shaving once or twice in that time...I was looking forward to a regular morning shave. Have to go to work today so I wanted to start the week off smelling great. So I reached for King of Oud and the shave didn't disappoint. Three passes and a cleanup and I am right at a DFDS! Several splashes/glugs of the aftershave of the same name...and man do I feel and smell great!

The Danger Zone!!!

Southern Louisiana is ablaze! While the New Orleans Saints didn't get the #1 seed in the NFC Playoffs, they made the playoffs and get their first game at home. LSU made the College Football Playoffs and in their first game...absolutely TORCHED Oklahoma. And even after scoring 49 point just in the first half, and after letting off the gas, LSU still won the game 63 - 28! Now, LSU goes back to Louisiana to play the National Championship game against Clemson in their own back yard of New Orleans in the Super Dome, which should be a virtual home game! Life is good for LSU fans, Alumni, and Alumnae! Just one more game in two weeks!

Now, LSU goes back to Louisiana to play the National Championship game against Clemson in their own back yard of New Orleans in the Super Dome, which should be a virtual home game! Life is good for LSU fans, Alumni, and Alumnae! Just one more game in two weeks!

Just wondering, which team are you rooting for (and can you sing the fight song)? Personally, I will be rooting for the Tigers.

Back