The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Super Max Platinum Plus (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: The Sudsy Soapery - Jack Frost
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Antepenultimate Aftershave: A&E Shave Serum No. 3
The Ultimate Aftershave: Avon - Everest

1576585921722.png

So this week's theme for the Soaps and Creams is Coniferous. I figured that the week before Christmas that this would be a good theme! Anyway...I have had this soap for a few yearas now and really only pull it out this time of the year. I really like this scent a lot...put I think I am in the minority here. Scent notes of Jack Frost are Siberian Fir Needle, Orange, and Spice. It's probably a little bit heavier on the Fir than what most people like...but I enjoy it all the same. There is a heavy dose of menthol in this soap as well.

The soap is nearing the end as the ring of death is visible. I might just shave with this the rest of the week to see if I can finish it off.

You know the drill...three passes and I feel great! I am calling this DFS plus!

Felt like I needed a little more to my aftershave routine so added some A&E Post Shave Serum. But the Avon Everest is where it is at. The scent notes on this are as follows: citruses, lavender, woody notes, pine tree, violet leaf, mint, nutmeg, sandalwood, tobacco, patchouli and vanilla. It all kind of works together to give a light, sweet, piney, and a slight mint scent to it all. I just love the stuff!

The Danger Zone!!!

A line of storms came through last night so I didn't sleep that well as the Danger Hounds were uneasy. But the storms brought a cold front and I love the colder temps! It was in the 80s yesterday and today I think the high is 52 degrees. I know there are many here at TSC who live in colder temps....but this is great for me!

I hope the Cadre has a wonderful Tuesday!

Very nice shave, Don. Gotta love all things Avon.
Definitely love all things Avon...well...except for Wild Country...that stuff stinks! No...literally...that stuff is really smelly and not in a good way! 🤪

Getting caught up, Don. Configuring a router can be maddening, that's for sure. We had a temperature drop here, too. It brought flurries. ;)

Yup a couple nights in the freezing...but it will be back in the 70s and 80s here in a couple days I am sure. Louisiana winters wreck havoc on sinuses.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Super Max Platinum Plus (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: The Sudsy Soapery - Jack Frost
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Avon - Everest

1576759965080.png

A real quick one this morning. Pretty much the same as last shave. I forgot how good Sudsy Soapery shave soap really is. And this is the no tallow version. Just a nice feeling shave and topping it all off with Avon Everest! Some really good stuff!

The Danger Zone!!!

Wearing a hideous sweater for work today as it's our work Christmas luncheon. It's more of a pot-luck thing. I must be getting crotchety...because I am beginning to hate these things at work. Mostly because the stuff that people bring to this are just plain gross sometimes. I am classing up the joint by bringing my wife's apple pie made in a sheet pan! I'll get pics in a bit!

Have a wonderful Thursday Cadre! I know I will!

Back