The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Good to hear that Chauncey is healing nicely. I hear you on the car ride. Longer trips have been harder on my back than ever as I get older.

You wire-whiskered manly man! You need an awesome shave. Someone send this poor guy an Asylum RX. That'll mow that stuff down to BBS!

Oh yeah, I came here for a reason that isn't to pick on Dave. Lol.

Good to hear that DangerousChauncey is doing better. I hope you day doesn't drag on too long and the roadways aren't too bad.

With the sortees you run I wonder if one of those hip stabilizer things wouldn’t help. Looks like a bottom mold my Chiropractor swears by them.

With the sortees you run I wonder if one of those hip stabilizer things wouldn’t help. Looks like a bottom mold my Chiropractor swears by them.

Thanks Rich! Honestly, I had no Idea what a hip stabilizer was, so I had to look it up. They are cheap enough...I might just get one to try it out! Thanks!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Super Max Platinum Plus (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Ethos Grooming Essentials - Dragonsbeard
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Ultimate Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Essentials - Dragonsbeard

1576331711102.png

First go of the Dragonsbeard Soap and Aftershave that @Dragonsbeard donated for a pass around. You can find that thread here: Dragonsbeard Soap and Skin Food Splash Pass Around

First the Scent....I dig it. I dig it a lot. It's that warn sensual type of scent that is manly without being overly masculine. A bit sweet but mostly a warm spice! There is a fair amount of Oud and Agar in it with some vanilla and sandalwood. There are other things also.

The soap itself is not too thirsty and lathers very well. It goes on the face evenly and creamy! Nice and rich. Not overly thick but very rich. It's hard to describe but it just feels nice on the skin. It's not overly thirsty either. I will say that I have had slicker soaps, but this one is slick enough also. Plenty of cushion and protection during the shave. Ended up with a DFS+ and the face feels super smooth.

As the shave is now settling in I am beginning to think that the post shave on this soap is phenomenal! But the post shave feel is something different! It's hard to describe...but it doesn't feel topical at all. It feels like my skin is being nourished not on top of my skin...but in my skin. Like I said. Not sure how to describe it.

A few splashes of the aftershave and again...a whole different experience with aftershave. Most aftershaves leave your face at least a little wet upon application. This one seems to absorb into the skin almost immediately. The face doesn't feel wet or tacky in mere seconds after application. Seriously this stuff is great feeling!.

I am reserving final judgement until after a second shave with this soap. But so far I am a big fan.

I am working on a video so stay tuned.

The Danger Zone!!!

It's Saturday and I am already feeling withdrawals setting in. There is No Football On Today! Well there is the Army/Navy Game...and I will be watching it! The Heisman Trophey Award Show is on tonight also, and I will be watching my LSU QB in Joe Burrow winning it. Other than that...getting presents wrapped and cards written and other Christmas type stuff!

I hope the Cadre has a wonderful weekend!

Congrats on Burrow's getting the Heisman Don
Thanks Dave! Obviously I had nothing to do with it...but most LSU fans never thought they would see another Heisman winner in our life-times. So we all kind of feel like we one in a way. Being able to see what Joe Burrow and the rest of the team did this year.

We are so happy that Joe "Burreaux" accomplished what he did...breaking LSU and SEC records. And he has a chance of breaking some NCAA records too. For him to win the Heisman is awesome! But did you see how he won the Heisman? It's crazy! The only category he didn't come in first is the actual number of 1st place votes...though he wasn't far off of OJ!

MOST FIRST-PLACE VOTES
Year Player School Firsts
  1. 1968 O.J. Simpson USC 855
  2. 2019 Joe Burrow LSU 841
  3. 2006 Troy Smith Ohio State 801
  4. 2014 Marcus Mariota Oregon 788
  5. 1993 Charlie Ward Florida State 740

HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF POSSIBLE POINTS
Year Player, School Points Voters Pct.
  1. 2019 Joe Burrow, LSU 2,608 93.8%
  2. 2006 Troy Smith, Ohio State 2,540 924 91.6%
  3. 2014 Marcus Mariota, Oregon 2,534 929 90.9%
  4. 2017 Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma 2,398 929 86.0%
  5. 1998 Ricky Williams, Texas 2,355 921 85.2%

PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL BALLOTS NAMED ON
Year Name 1st 2nd 3rd Ballots Voters % ballots
  1. 2019 Joe Burrow 841 41 3 885 927 95.5%
  2. 2014 Marcus Mariota 788 74 22 884 929 95.2%
  3. 2006 Troy Smith 801 62 13 876 924 94.8%
  4. 2018 Kyler Murray 517 278 60 855 929 92.0%
  5. 2017 Baker Mayfield 732 87 28 847 929 91.2%

LARGEST MARGIN OF VICTORY
Year Winner, School, Points/Runnerup, School Points/Margin
  1. 2019 Joe Burrow, LSU, 2,608/Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma, 762/1,846
  2. 1968 O.J. Simpson, USC, 2,853/Leroy Keyes, Purdue 1,103/1,750
  3. 2006 Troy Smith, Ohio State, 2,540/Darren McFadden, Arkansas 878/1,662
  4. 1993 Charlie Ward, Florida State, 2,310/Heath Shuler, Tennessee, 688/1,622
  5. 1991 Desmond Howard, Michigan, 2,077/Casey Weldon, Florida State, 503/1,574

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Super Max Platinum Plus (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Ethos Grooming Essentials - Dragonsbeard
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Essentials - Dragonsbeard

Second shave with Dragonsbeard. I did a bigger review of it over in the pass around thread: Dragonsbeard Soap and Skin Food Splash Pass Around

But I have to say that this was a really good soap to shave with. I value post shave feel probably more than I should. But in my opinion...if a soap has great post shave feel...it almost always is great in all the other aspects. Anyway...three passes and I am DFS+ again. The face feels great!

A few glugs of the aftershave of the same name and all is well in the world.

The Danger Zone!!!

I made it through the weekend. Normally this isn't a thing...but Sunday wasn't all that fun for me. I purchased a new modem and router and spent pretty much about four to five hours trying to set them up. My internet provider required me to actually call them to set up the modem. So there was that. Then the router was proving more difficult than I remember from the last time so I had to call Netgear and try to decipher what their customer support was saying. I finally got it all set up. Now...I have to reset EVERYTHING we have that is connected to the internet! This includes the security system. Got everything working then realize we the garage door and the security camera are not connected. Having issues with that...so I call the security company. For what I need...they were closed. Have to call back today. Yeah...this will be fun.

It's Monday Cadre! Let's get the week started off right!

I sucks having to reset stuff like that but hopefully once you have everything back up and running you will be in better shape than you were before. Good Luck Don!

Back