The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water - Coconut Sandalwood
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur

1575290522712.png

Okay...so I know I shaved with this last week...but it's TSC Artisan Week with @Mystic Water and I just love this scent! It pairs well with the Figaro Monsieur aftershave better than I would have thought. Pulled out a new Feather blade and set the razor to a super mild setting. The razor and blade made quick work of the weekend whiskers. 95% BBS and man do I feel and smell great for the day!

The Danger Zone!!!

Well this weekend the wife and I got the outside Christmas decorations up. We went fairly simple this year but man do I like it a lot. It just looks super clean. I did bang my knee up whil in the attic...or at least I think I did. I actually don't remember banging it up...but I am having some serious stiffness in my left knee with some minor swelling. No pain, so I am not too worried about it...but something to just keep an eye on.

Let's Start the week and the month off on a good foot Cadre! Have a Great December!!!

First holiday causality of the cadre! Everyone stay safe out there inside your own homes!

Great stuff, Don. That is a truly excellent soap and scent.

I've been eyeing the Coconut Sandalwood more and more because of you. Might pull the trigger on Friday.
source.gif

Here I pictured him soaking in the mushy stuff.
Odd. I pictured dry rice, and imagined him with a bionic knee that had gotten water in it.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water - Coconut Sandalwood
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur

Yesterday's shave was the same as the shave the day before. Won't go into it much...but just wanted to say that @Mystic Water is some seriously good stuff.

The Danger Zone!!!

Feeding the Danger Hounds yesterday proved very interesting. While preparing the Danger Hounds' food, Allie and Chauncey got into a tiff or scuffle. I normally don't have issues with them...but from time to time they get into it like most dogs do. Anyway...Allie got a hold of Chauncey pretty good and really inflicted some damage.

1575460187420.png

As you can see from the pic (and no...I don't wear nail polish...those are the Danger Wife's hands) Chauncey had some decent size wounds. Had to run him to the vet first thing in the morning and the C Dog had to be sedated and then wounds cleaned, stitched, and a drain placed. He will be okay...but the poor dude isn't feeling well.

Here's a pic post op...

1575460558334.png

He'll be watched and loved on today. But I think he will do okay.

But for now...Chauncey feels like this...

1575460674324.png

We have had a couple dogs end up hurt that way. They always healed up good and one of them even learned their lesson. The other is a Chihuahua and Corgi mix that has the Dumb. she is sweet but never seems to figure out that attacking the dogs 3 times her size for no reason is a bad idea. Heal up fast Chauncey!

Back