The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Super Max Platinum Plus (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Brush: TSC Member Brush the "Luca Brasi" in Finest Badger by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur

1574685225763.png

This week starts off our Thanksgiving theme in soaps and creams. That can mean a lot of things to a lot of people...but the one soap that just always reminds me of the fall transitioning into winter...is @CBLSoap.com Roasted Oatmeal Stout. It's just an intoxicating scent and reminds me of wearing a flannel, sipping on a coffee, and just taking a stroll by a lake or river on a cold day...so ever in your thoughts. A time of thankfulness or mindfulness.

Since we have been dropping down into the 30s lately...the tap water is actually cold enough for a "cold water shave." Yup everyone talks about it...but I think I have attempted a cold water shave once and wasn't all that impressed. But I decided to go ahead and try one this morning. So if I stuck with just the regular old three pass shave...I wouldn't be all that impressed. BUT...I went ahead and went for a fourth pass and a little chasing...

I am not going to say that I had the best shave of my life...but it is up there!

A Super Smooth Shave and I just might call it BBS! The only thing that can make this better is a the customary glugs of Figaro Monsieur...and now I smell AMAZING!!!

The Danger Zone:

Because Thanksgiving is later than usual...or so it seems...the wife and I decided to put up most of our Inside Christmas decorations yesterday. The tree went up as well as the Christmas Village. I actually like this idea...this way next week, I am not spending all weekend putting up decorations. I can spend a few hours putting up lights and yard ornaments and we are all good!

It's a short week for most and I for one am glad for it. But there are still things to do...so I hope the Cadre has a very productive three days and then a Happy Thanksgiving!

Blade: Super Max Platinum Plus (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Summer Break Soap - Teacher's Pet
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Platinum

Continuing with my Thanksgiving Theme for the week...I am thankful for the sample of Teacher's Pet that @mrdoug sent me. Got in the mail yesterday and shaved with it today. Out of the sample container all I really smelled was the soap itself. But once I pressed the sample into my shave bowl, the apple started to come out. Shaving with the soap the scent comes out even more. Now I wouldn't call this strong scented soap at all. But the strength of scent is in line with the scent of an actual apple. Let's just say that I dig it in a big way! This soap seems to have all the good qualities in a soap I like and this is something that I will seriously consider getting in the future.

I went ahead with another cold water shave today. I have to say, that I think I might be enjoying these. If nothing else...there is less in shave irritation to these last two shaves. So that's a good thing...right? But I also think my shaves are smoother. Another BBS shave for me.

I was going to grab my Chiseled Face Cedar and Spice but then realized that it's going to be rainy and about 80 degrees today. The Cedar and Spice is definitely a colder weather scent...it is very warm feeling. So I opted for Fine Platinum. Several glugs of this stuff and man do I smell good.

The Danger Zone:

The Thanksgiving Family Power Struggle has started a couple days early. In short my Brother is being a butthole. I hate being stressed for the holidays. I can't do much about plans this year...but going forward I think I am just going to make my own plans and put my foot down. I will likely be the villain then...but I have been the nice guy for too long. Time to make my ow family traditions (and it just might be the hank Williams Jr. Version... 🤪 )

Hope the Cadre has a great Tuesday!

Keep in mind this is an old base, supposedly the replacement they use now is even better.

When I pick up my next Summer Break soap, I'll let everyone know for sure. [emoji846]

Just tell everyone you got the stomach flu and can’t leave the bathroom. Problem solved and there will be no follow up questions!

Good shave Don!

We’ve started a few traditions of our own, but just a couple years ago is when we made the decision to stay home Christmas morning and travel later after the kids had opened their presents here and had a nice Christmas breakfast. We got some push back at first, but we were firm about it. It’s good to start those new traditions for you own house!

I will likely be the villain then
tenor.gif

Blade: Super Max Platinum Plus (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water - Coconut Sandalwood
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Ultimate Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur

1574957834365.png

So Coconut Sandalwood by @Mystic Water might not seem like a shave soap that is appropriate for this time of year...but for me it is perfect! I am so thankful for all the friends I have met over the years that started at the other place and has continued here. During a particular trying time in my life, a member of the shave community made sure I received a tub of this soap and many other things. It's people like him...and cadre members like you that make this place so special. I am thankful everyday for people like @ShawnF who brightened my day during some dark times. And it's people like you that encourage me to be the best that I can be. Thank you Cadre for being here when I need you...and when others need you!

A special thank you to the Three Amigos Chad @Cvargo Chris @CBLindsay and Dave @BarberDave for setting this place up and for keeping the lights on!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING CADRE!!!

Lights on? I knew I forgot something...I sure hope Dave paid the light bill (he handles the adult stuff like that) or it’s gonna get dark soon.

Great to have you and everyone else here Don, Happy Thanksgiving.

Back