The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Voskhod (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - Ghost Dragon's Blood
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Wholly Kaw - King of Oud

1574166589007.png

Keeping with the theme of the week...well...I didn't change the soap at all. I really LOVE GHOST Dragon's Blood I just might marry it! 🤪 Really though...this stuff is wonderful smelling. But where this soap performs is post shave feel in my opinion! With all the good skin food in it...it just makes my face super smooth and moisturized! Well done Chris @CBLindsay @CBLSoap.com.

A couple splashes of the King of Oud aftershave and man do I smell great!

The Danger Zone:

So...State Government agencies were attacked yesterday with the nasty WannaCry ransomware...which means that from 11 AM until I left I sat at my desk twiddling my thumbs. Normally I would have used that time to clean up the office or whatnot...but instead...I played games on my phone!

Have a wonderful Tuesday Cadre!

Blade: Voskhod (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - Ghost Dragon's Blood
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Ultimate Aftershave: Wholly Kaw - King of Oud

View attachment 11703

Keeping with the theme of the week...well...I didn't change the soap at all. I really LOVE GHOST Dragon's Blood I just might marry it! 🤪 Really though...this stuff is wonderful smelling. But where this soap performs is post shave feel in my opinion! With all the good skin food in it...it just makes my face super smooth and moisturized! Well done Chris @CBLindsay @CBLSoap.com.

A couple splashes of the King of Oud aftershave and man do I smell great!

The Danger Zone:

So...State Government agencies were attacked yesterday with the nasty WannaCry ransomware...which means that from 11 AM until I left I sat at my desk twiddling my thumbs. Normally I would have used that time to clean up the office or whatnot...but instead...I played games on my phone!

Playing games on your phone, how unproductive behaviour(n) You could've ask for a Bingo card and spend that time in a constructive manner(y)
Nice shave!

My little Monday gift to you...you’re welcome!

Ok deniable plausibility there, but hopefullyit didn’t put you too far behind for month end!

And just think..... he could have spent that time on The Cadre, hanging out with us.........
I read a little of the forums but seriously, I hate responding on my phone. Feels like it takes me forever to type a post.

Blade: Voskhod (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - Orange Frankincense
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - L'Orange Noir

1574252681217.png

Chris made this soap especially for me last year (I feel super special) and I have to say that it is a great scent. Maybe a tad more subtle than some would like, but the scent is definitely there. It's like a mellow orange scent with an earthy sweetness to it. Chris @CBLindsay and I were in a conversation the other day and he reminded me of the soap...so I wanted to pull it out again. I do wish there was an aftershave that is a direct match with this soap though.

I seriously love this Hemp Oil Formula. I don't know if this is the same as what is available on his online store...but man it is good and it performs the same or similar to the other hemp oil soaps of his I have.

Three passes and I am smooth! DFS suits me well.

A few "glugs" of L'Orange Noir...and as is well in the world.

The Danger Zone:

So the State of Louisiana is still going through growing pains of re-establishing the networks and other computer related capabilities. No information was lost and a ransom was not paid for the info. Our state police with the FBI actual figured out who did the hack...turns out it wasn't @GearNoir. My agency was able to get internal functions online and we have email capabilities as long as it is coming from or going to another state agency. No outside emails and no internet capabilities. I was able to work...but I didn't realize who dependent on internet capabilities we are. But all is well. By the way...this made national headlines...so if you are interested in learning what I am talking about...it should be easy to find.

I am SO happy that it is hump day...I just wish these next few days would hurry up! It feels like a long week already. Hope the Cadre is faring better than I am! Go Get It Cadre!

Just keep swimming! It's amazing that people still think they can commit cyber crimes and get away with it. I'm sure there are a couple every now and then, but you paint a huge target on your back when you attack the government.

Blade: Voskhod (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Brush: TSC Member Brush the "Luca Brasi" in Finest Badger by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Ultimate Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur

1574338102304.png

Another @CBLSoap.com and another great shave. This batch wasn't a Hemp Oil base, but man it is still better than 99% of the soaps out there. And the scent is wonderful. It reminds me of a bitter toffee...just a great scent!

Three passes and a wonderful shave...I'll Call it DFS+ again. Matched the soap with my Figaro Monsieur Aftershave that is definitely nearing the end and man does that stuff pair well with this soap. I think the people at in the elevator this morning will love what I have in store for them! 🤪

The Danger Zone:

Not much to report on...things are getting back to normal...just in time to have to pull out all the Christmas decorations! Work is clipping away...though I think the month of December might be a little busy for me. Other than that...life is good.

Hope your Thursday is a great one Cadre!

Back