The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Nice shave and read, Don. Gotta love Old Spice, especially if you have some vintage lying around. It's great to hear that your Father-in-Law is doing better.
Look who showed up! Thanks for the comment Eric! I hope things on your end of the world are looking up for you. You are continually in my thoughts!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Voskhod (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water Soap - Windjammer
Brush: Stirling 24mm Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Generic Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Sport

1573734238360.png

It's Shave stick week in the soap themes and I was looking at my shave sticks, Of course I have the Mystic Water Windjammer, but sitting in my den staring at me all shiny and new where Palmolive, Wilkinson, Arko, and LaToja shave sticks. Honestly, out of those four, my favorite is Arko believe it or not. But I just wasn't feeling the Arko this morning and I really didn't want to open something new. So back to the @Mystic Water again. Which by the way, is a pleasure! By the way, super-hydrated this soap this morning and got a super slick shave!

Changed up blades because I wanted a super mild shave this morning. Three passes on a mild setting and man I smooth! Splashed on the AV Ice Sport and the skin is feeling pretty good. I am calling this DFS+!

The Danger Zone:

The FIL is progressing fine. The wife was running a bit of a fever again so it's back to the doc again. At this point I am wondering if there is something going on other than a cold. Because now it is going on a month that my wife is showing symptoms. Color me worried. I'm not in crisis mode yet. But if they don't find something soon...I will be.

I hope the Cadre has a wonderful day! I also want to thank you all for listening to my gripes and complaints. I realize that that Cadre has their own issues without tackling mine. Anyway...it's Thursday so the weekend is almost here!

Just take it one day at a time, Don. Everything is going to be fine.

Awesome picture! And you're singlehandedly making me want to buy a MW shave stick. I'll be doing research through the weekend for next payday.

Very nice set up, Don. I also really like Arko, though I haven't used it in quite a while. You should be able to come here and unload whenever you need to. You guys were here through one of my worst times, so you'll get nothing but support from this corner, my friend. Keeping your family in prayer.

Blade: Voskhod (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water Soap - Windjammer
Brush: Stirling 24mm Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Generic Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Sport

Same shave as yesterday! Keeping with the @Mystic Water Shave Stick! It's the only Mystic Water Shave Stick I have...so I guess I need to get some more at some point. But it is all good for now! Decided to only do a two pass shave today...North to South and South to North. It might not be as smooth as most of my shaves...but it is very serviceable and very comfortable. Finished up with some AV Ice Sport. This stuff is quickly becoming my go to AS when I just want something that won't project or smell all that long!

The Danger Zone:

So by the time the wife got to the doctor yesterday she was running a 100 degree fever. Doc says that she has an actual sinus infection as opposed to regular ole sinusitis. With all the colds and all the sickness she has had lately, the doc wants to knock it out. Prescribed her an antibiotic that is VERY strong! Conditions this stuff is used to treat are things like Anthrax and The Plague! I am not a huge fan of antibiotics, but only in the respect that they are over prescribed. That being said...if you need the antibiotic by all means take it. I think this certainly a time she needs one. Hopefully another weekend of rest and taking the meds will get the wife better.

Thanks all for your kind words and thoughts!

It's Friday Cadre! So much better than Monday! Tackle the day and finish the week strong!

Blade: Voskhod (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - Ghost Dragon's Blood
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Penultimate Aftershave: Humphrey's Lavender Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Wholly Kaw - King of Oud

1574080047934.png

This week starts a new theme for the Soap and Cream Themes. And I have to say that I am always excited when this artisan's turn comes around. This week TSC is celebrating it's Artisan and Owner @CBLindsay 's @CBLSoap.com !

Today I went with Ghost Dragon's Blood. Love the scent of this soap, but to be honest...I love the way this soap feels even more! Such a moisturizing shave soap. And the GHOST cooling is just perfect for this warm scent. You get the best of all worlds here!

When ahead with a four pass super mild shave and came out with a DFS+ or a BBS-...call it whatever you want to call it...I call it awesome!

Some seriously big splashes or "glugs" if you prefer, of King of Oud aftershave and man are the folks in the elevator in for a treat today!

The Danger Zone:

Didn't do a whole lot this weekend. Watched football, spent time with the wife and watched the two Episodes of "The Mandalorian." The FIL is getting better...the wife is getting better...it was a good weekend!

Let's start this week of great Cadre!

Back