The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Sevendust does a really good live acoustic version of Hurt. They did it shortly after Johnny Cash died as a tribute. You should check it out. I’m still not sure if Sevendust knew he did that song as a cover or thought it was an original haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the dangerous house gets back to full health soon, Don. Nice shaves and gear you've been sharing with us, I had never seen or heard of the DOC you have. Good having you back around a little more often.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Oz Shaving Company - Foxville
Brush: Stirling 24mm Fan in Finest Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Generic Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Oz Shaving Company - Foxville

1572262516554.png

This week starts a new theme and the last one for the month. This week's Soap Theme is, "The Stuff October is Made Of." Since fall is in full swing...I thought I would pull out my favorite Fall Scent. This is probably one of the very few scents that actually smells like fall...in my humble opinion of course.

This soap shaves better than most and using Chad's @Cvargo grading scale...I would solidly put this in Tier 1 and probably box 4 or 3.

TSC Soap Chart.jpg

That being said. I just had a really good shave. The blade and razor made quick work of the weekend beard and the soap was nice and slick with plenty of post shave feel! The only remaining stubble left is just in the spots I usually can't get rid of it. Three standard passes and no chasing...and I came out super smooth and DFS++.

A few splashes of the Aftershave of the same name and all is well. I think I smell like baked goods...but you know...in a manly way! :)

The Danger Zone:

Well it's off to work this morning to finish up a report. Then at noon I drive to Shreveport (about three and half to four hours away) to stay at a hotel tonight. Then first thing tomorrow morning...drive an hour and a half to perform some work duties for about three hours and then drive four to five hours back home. This is the part of work I am not crazy about. I don't mind driving places to talk to people...but I like to do it and then get back home. I am not a fan of staying the night. Oh well. I will try to report from the road or the room and maybe get my shave down in the journal tomorrow morning.

Hope the Cadre had a resting weekend! And hope today kicks off one of the best weeks of the year! Have a great one gents!

The beauty of staying by yourself in a hotel is you can eat al the chips you want in bed while watching cable tv.

Back when I had to travel like that, I couldn't wait to get to my bag of salt and vinegar chips.

The beauty of staying by yourself in a hotel is you can eat al the chips you want in bed while watching cable tv.

Back when I had to travel like that, I couldn't wait to get to my bag of salt and vinegar chips.
Well...I didn't eat a bag of salt and vinegar chips...but I did eat a bag of kettle corn. 🤪

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Oz Shaving Company - Foxville
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Ultimate Aftershave: Oz Shaving Company - Foxville

Yesterday was my hotel shave. The is no pic from yesterday (sorry guys...I KNOW you ALWAYS look forward to my pictures... 😜 ). The shave is exactly as the day before yesterday with the minor exception that I changed the brush from the Stirling 24mm fan finest badger to Stirling Synthetic. Otherwise...same shave! And A great one at that. Might be the best shave that I have ever had in a hotel. Anyway...results were pretty much the same too! Maybe not quite as good. But I would give it a DFS+.

Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (5th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans - The Club - A Cold Day in Hell 2
Brush: Stirling 24mm Fan in Finest Badger
The Ultimate Aftershave: Ariana & Evans - The Club - A Cold Day in Hell 2

1572437063523.png

On to today's shave! I picked this soap up last year and just love it. Despite the name...there is no menthol or other cooling agents in this soap. But it is a VERY complex scent that in my mind is overall kind of warning in scent. Scent notes are: Anise, Black Pepper, Lavender, Jasmine, Midnight Lotus, Coffee, Cannabis, Juniper, Vanilla, Oakmoss and Sandalwood.

Last Year I did a detail review on this soap (which by the way if you Google "A cold day in hell 2 ariana and evans...that review is the first link that shows up...and my video review is the first video. YAY ME!!!) and if you are so inclined to read it or watch the review...you can find it at this link: Written & Video Review: The Club (Ariana & Evans) - A Cold Day in Hell 2 - Detailed Review

At any rate...The shave was awesome! DFS for the win and I will be using it again likely for tomorrow! Several "glugs" of the aftershave with the same name and I am ready to make the people in the elevator stay far away from me and run out the door when they get to their floor!

The Danger Zone:

Nothing overly exciting going on. The wife is getting better...albeit slower than she would like. Work is plugging along. The weather right now is crappy. It's was rainy yesterday and it will remain rainy until the afternoon of Halloween. But it should be dry for the trick or treaters.

That's good...the wife and I dress up each year and pass out candy. We get a decent amount of kids in our neighborhood. And we are happy to do so. I know a lot of people complain about kids from other neighborhoods going into theirs. But Honestly...I don't care who you are...if you show up to my door step and say trick or treat or indicate in some way that you want what ever it is I am offering...you will get some. Lest year I had an older lady in a wheel chair that I gave candy to. Kids that I didn't recognize from the neighborhood got candy. We even had a kid with Trisomy 21 show up dressed as Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. I call him kid...but he was in his 20s and had a full scruff of facial hair. He put a smile on my face because he was so damn happy! This year we are putting out our teal colored pumpkin with fun little toys in them for kids who are autistic or who have certain food allergies. Realized this was a thing last year and I am totally on board with it. Can't beileive it has take me so long to do this...but I am embracing it whole heatedly! Basically what I am saying, is if you come to my house...you are getting something!

It's Hump Day Cadre! And that means we are that much closer to the weekend! Have a great one and kick some ass!

My mom and sister don't dress up, but they do sit outside with cheesy Halloween music and hand out candy. They have a blast every year...and I'm just grumpy. 🤣 I'm glad your wife is feeling better too! Have a good one, Don.

My mom and sister don't dress up, but they do sit outside with cheesy Halloween music and hand out candy. They have a blast every year...and I'm just grumpy. 🤣 I'm glad your wife is feeling better too! Have a good one, Don.
Oh...don't get me wrong...I'm grumpy too! I just like seeing kids and people in general happy! I am not a big fan of people in general, so this is an interesting dynamic. It's kind of like me and parties. I love gatherings, but I hate people...Ironic?

I'm so out in the sticks and have along driveway so we get no kids at all. When we lived in the city we'd get hoards of kids. The funniest story I have is one kid that accused me of not putting any candy in his bag. I literally had to do it again for him to not get upset. Like I'd do that.

Back