The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Schick Injector (Type E)
Blade: Schick Injector Blade (7th Shave)
Razor: Mekur Progress
Blade: Rapira Swedish Steel (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Tashmere
Brush: Stirling Synthetic Brush
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine American Blend

I have no idea what the Soap Theme of the week is...I just needed a shave...in a bad way. I haven't been on the forum much...just here and there because I have had a cold...actually I should say...THE COLD. I just haven't had the required brain cells to do even some short posts. But I am here today...I think?

I just grabbed the first shave items I saw and went with LNHC Tashmere (there definitely could be a lot worse choices 🤪 ). I git four really smooth passes out of the lather I whipped up and finished off the shave with some Fine American Blend..again...grabbed the first thing I saw. I am not sure if there really go together (I think they do), but I guess I don't care either. I can't small anything right now. Have no idea if the scent is pleasing or if I reek to high heaven. I guess I will find out when I get in the elevator this morning at work. 🙂

The Danger Zone:

I woke up last Monday morning not feeling well at all. But I had stuff to do at work so I went in. Came home at noon. Tuesday was pretty much the same. Thought I felt a little better on Wednesday, but by the end of the day I felt like poo poo. Thursday, again I had to go in to finish something up. Spent the whole day at work. Not to mention it was one of my high stress days (thanks to the boss) and by the end of it...I had lost my voice and the splitting headache I had all week was intensified. Was pretty bad off most of the weekend. Woke up this morning and seems like the continental plates in my head that is mucus is starting to shift and flow. Yeah...I know...gross...right? But thank goodness it is flowing. Now the pressure is relieving and while I am not going to say that I feel great...I am feeling better.

College Football was a fun one to watch this weekend. My LSU Tiger beat Florida and all is well in the world!

I hope you all have a better Monday than I do cadre!

It's Monday ladies and gents. Let's start the week off right so we can push through it!

Sounds like you could use another weekend! Don’t go making it worse by trying to power through! I do hope the cold is on its way out though.

Well it was green then yellow...then clear...then yellow again. I actually think I had a relapse. Because as I thought I was getting better...I got worse again. This is one bad virus. Whatever this thing is.
When it runs clear and stays clear, you're home free. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Razor: Mekur Progress
Blade: Personna Blue (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co. - Triumph
Brush: Stirling Synthetic Brush
The Penultimate Aftershave: Generic Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. - Triumph

1571654041417.png

I feel like I have risen from the dead. Not so much in that make me whole Lazarus way...but more in the "Wake the Dead" sort of way. Fitting I guess since it is close to Halloween. But I am back and ready for posting the all "too interesting" shaves that you all are engrossed in reading! 🙂

Today starts the TSC Artisan Week and this Month is featuring Stirling Soap Company! I have to say that I have come to appreciate Stirling Soaps more in the past year. They really are just a solid performer and can give such a great shave to the experienced and novice wet shaver alike!

Today, I need a lift to get the week started. So what better soap to start with the Triumph! Such a wonderful scent to this soap! Inspired by the Paco Rabanne scent Invictus...this soap and aftershave is a dead ringer! Three passes and a cleanup...and a little chasing...and I am 98% BBS. Completely enthralled with the scent...there may have been a little Mammoth Painting going on also. I think @Blade-meister would approve!

A couple "glugs" of the aftershave with the same name and I am smelling ready to take on the day. Of course there is likely to be a couple more liberal splashes before I step out the door. You know...so the people in the elevator are sure to partake in this wonderful scent! 🤪

The Danger Zone:

Well...I think I am finally over my cold and the relapse...or whatever it was that I caught. A little bit of a lingering cough and a little bit of a snotty nose...but all in all...I don't have that "death warmed over" feel. The wife on the other hand. She is on the upward swing of things...but is definitely not 💯 percent.

Football in South Louisiana is living large and it is amazing that since the LSU Tigers and the New Orleans Saints are both winning...how big of a difference in attitudes around town it makes! It's all smiles around here!

It's Monday Cadre! And with a new work week comes new challenges. But I KNOW you are up for the task at hand. Go out there and spread the word...the Cadre accomplishes!

Back