The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Sharp Stainless (2nd Shave)

Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Tashmere
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - American Blend

1569323677349.png

TSC Artisan Week in the HOUSE!!! Featuring Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations! @LNHC I was going to change it up with one of my other LNHC soaps...but since this is a new tub and I LOVE the scent...I thought I would break it in with another shave! Did I say that I love this scent? Actually now...I am very interested in some of her other...more complex scents...like: Isle of Skye, Black Flower, Ouzoud, and Somali Rose to name a few. The moisturizing properties and the post shave feel on this soap are really second to none. Just amazing.

There was a downside to the shave this morning and it has nothing to do with the soap. Second shave on the Sharp Stainless blade and I not all that happy with it. I feel like it is scraping the hair from my skin as opposed to cutting it. Guess I will be pitching this blade. But despite the issues with the blade...I still managed a DFS+ shave this morning. A few healthy glugs of Fine American Blend and man...I am feeling and smelling good! I have to spend about six hours in a car today with a co-worker...so I will make sure I reapply the FAB before I step out of the house this morning. Just to make sure she can smell it. 🤪

The Danger Zone:

Enjoying my Hulu - Live so far. I'm not even really missing anything from cable either. I actually think I have access to MORE sports now than I did with my few hundred channels with cable. I found myself watching a show on the called Mystic Britain last night that I otherwise probably wouldn't have know was on. Found it on the Smithsonian Channel and was enthralled! The episode was about an 11,000 year old settlement in Britain called Star Carr and some of the interesting finds there involving Shamanism. Yeah..this show is right up my alley!

It's Tuesday Cadre! But that doesn't mean we have to huff and puff about how long the week is. Get after it and show the world that you are in control! And damn it! You smell good too!

I have to spend about six hours in a car today with a co-worker...so I will make sure I reapply the FAB before I step out of the house this morning. Just to make sure she can smell it. 🤪
Vegas odds have the over/under of how long until said co-worker cracks her window at 12min 14seconds.

Sounds like Hulu is a big win in the Danger house!

Word of wisdom...don’t usually trust any shaving product that is named after what it’s supposed to do! Sharp blades... :ROFLMAO:

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Personna Platinum (New Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Smoked Black Tea
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Aqua Velva - Musk

09252019.jpg

As much as I really wanted to shave with Tashmere again, I decided to bring out a different soap by LNHC. Smoked Black Tea got the call and oh man is this an interesting scent! Love the smokiness, along with the tea, and a little brightness with the citrus. Same great performance as with Tashmere. Just incredibly awesome in the post shave department. Three passes and I am feeling pretty smooth. Some healthy splashes with Aqua Velva Musk and while I realize that the scent will fade soon, I am enjoying how I smell for the moment.

The Danger Zone:

I worked a little over yesterday, so I am going into work a little late today. Work is busy but I am not feeling the pressure like past months. I must be doing something right. That doesn't mean that I am really looking forward to the weekend. Even if it is just housework that I have planned.

It's Hump Day Cadre! Have a great one!

The Danger Zone:

Well...the alarm clock that is my Black Dog Allie was late getting me up yesterday. So I was out the door and in a flash with no time to shave.

Last night the wife had me up in the attic (ugh) getting down Halloween decorations. We decided to put the outside stuff up last night and while the yard and the house and not overly ornate like we have done in the past, it still looks nice. Came inside cleaned up and settled down and thought that the house was a tad warmer than usual. Looked at the thermostat and realized that it was two degrees warmer than what the temp was set at. Played with it a little to see if the AC would kick on...no dice. Got up in the attic (a different part this time...we have a part of the attic that is accessed in the garage...and another part that has access inside) to look at the unit. It's been warmer than usual here lately and my thought (and hope) was that the drain that is in the pan that collects the condensation was plugged and the pan was full (if the pan gets too full it sets off a switch turning the AC off). Pan was bone dry. Okay...so let's go outside to the fan and check that out. I immediately saw what the issue was...the unit was frozen. Poop! So that basically means that my coils are dirty, I have a refrigerant leak, or my condenser is shot. Either way...I called the AC people last night and was able to make an appointment for 8:30 this morning. Thankfully it occurred in the evening and NOT on a weekend. It's a semi-comfortable 77 degrees in the house right now. It's about 70 degrees outside. Normally I would open a window and place a fan in front of it, but it is also 85% humidity and therefore opening a window is a no go. The sun is beginning to come up...so I am sure the house will heat up in no time! Anyway...I am glad the AC guy is coming this morning. But I am not looking forward to what this is going to cost.

I'll get a shave in today...but it won't be until after the AC guy comes and goes.

Other than your rabid support of LSU, you're not much of a salesman for Louisiana 🤭
Hey...AC problems can happen anytime and anywhere! The problem here is that when the AC goes out during the summer (and yes...here in Louisiana summer doesn't end until AT LEAST November 1) it's not just as easy as opening windows. With the high humidity...it is better to keep the windows shut...at least for a while.

As far as being a salesman for the state...I love most of the culture here. I love the food. I love the sports. I love so much about this state. It truly is a very unique place. All that being said...If I could live most other places right now...I most certainly would. I hate the heat...I hate the constant threat of storms...and I hate the fact that with all the build up in our area that every time we get heavier than usual rain...it's almost always catastrophic for someone.

Back