The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Sharp Stainless (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - The Shaving Cadre
Brush: TSC First Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Fresh Vetiver

This is another soap that I always think of spring and summer when I pull it out. But what is great is that I think Vetiver goes well in cooler months also. I love how this soap performs and I love how this soap smells. A grassy scent on the bright side! Shaving with this soap is no problem. My three standard passes and all is well. Some healthy glugs of Fine Fresh Vetiver and I smell great again. I will reapply before I step off to work this morning. You know...so the folks that have to ride with me to the 10th floor on the elevator can smell me! 🤪

The Danger Zone:

Yesterday morning something interesting happened in the Danger Household. The wife asked me to whip her up a lather from one of my favorite soaps. Wait, what? 😳 I have tried to introduce wet shaving to my wife for years now and she has never received it well...at least for her. But for some reason she wanted to try one of my soaps. She still kept to her razor (which she admitted that the blade was dull and needs to switch out the cart), but hey...it's all progress right? So I pulled out my shaving bowl and whipped up a super nice lather with the Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche. She really enjoyed how the soap felt on her legs and how slick the lather was.

Baby Steps...🙂

It's Friday...finally! And despite me missing two days of work this week...it's been a long and exhausting one. But it's finally the weekend. And I get to sit down with some great football this weekend! Utah and USC (@Cvargo I expect that you will be watching this), and...Air Force and Boise State. Both these games should be fun to watch!

Have a productive Friday Cadre and a restful weekend!

Nice read Don. Good progress for the wife too. That's how it started for mine. She now swears by her Lady Star Burst Gillette and whenever I say I'm getting rid of some soaps she wants to smell them first as she keeps whatever she wants. That's where my Bee Hive soap Lime Margaritas went. She LOVES lime and coconut scents. Then came her Sorrentino brush and she now has a decent size den going herself.......

Nice read Don. Good progress for the wife too. That's how it started for mine. She now swears by her Lady Star Burst Gillette and whenever I say I'm getting rid of some soaps she wants to smell them first as she keeps whatever she wants. That's where my Bee Hive soap Lime Margaritas went. She LOVES lime and coconut scents. Then came her Sorrentino brush and she now has a decent size den going herself.......
Oh Boy! This is going to be great!

I will be about an hour behind. I'm officiating a game tonight that is the #2 ranked team in the state vs #3. I will be accepting no texts, and will instruct the sidelines that if anyone mentions the Utes it's an unsportsmanlike penalty. Kidding but not really. Both head coaches are previous U players so I suspect they are the same wave length.

Also a family that shaves together stays together

I will be about an hour behind. I'm officiating a game tonight that is the #2 ranked team in the state vs #3. I will be accepting no texts, and will instruct the sidelines that if anyone mentions the Utes it's an unsportsmanlike penalty. Kidding but not really. Both head coaches are previous U players so I suspect they are the same wave length.

Also a family that shaves together stays together
So...you heard it here Cadre. No updates on the game in the forum. 🤪

6dc8cc2d1421c3405dc63f468fddd26f--jury-duty-spanish-humor.jpg

Razor: Schick Injector (Type E)
Blade: Schick Injector Blade (6th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Tashmere
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino by @Smattayu
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Proraso

09232019.jpg

I am so glad that this week is the TSC Artisan Week in Soap Themes Featuring @LNHC soaps! I had a brand new tub that I received last week that I have been waiting to use. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint! Tashmere is my latest scent from Lisa. I bought this without knowing what it would exactly smell like. But from the scent notes I was sure to really like it. I DO! I know you all here me ranting and raving about Vide Poche by Chatillon Lux/Declaration Grooming. Well Tashmere is in a similar scope to Vide Poche in my opinion. Scent notes include: orange, black pepper, oud, amber sandalwood, and geranium. This is one of those scents that if I close my eyes I can pick out the geranium. Next whiff is the oud, next the amber, sandalwood, orange, and so on and so on. But they all come together too. If I have to simply describe this soap it would have to be bright and spicy with a bit of floral. But of course this soap isn't all about scent. The performance of LNHC is out of this world! Her Artisan Sheep Milk Formula is easily top five soaps in performance. And it might actually be top two!

Three passes with the Injector this morning and I am about as BBS as I will ever get without taking skin off my face! I think I will call this BBS Light! Splashed on healthy doses of Proraso (mostly because I couldn't make up my mind on an aftershave) and I am feeling ready to go!

The Danger Zone:

Got most of the yard work done this weekend. Made some bone broth. Harvested about a third of the satsumas from tree. All this and was able to watch a lot of football this weekend. I guess things can't be all that bad. Last week of the month, so work will be crazy busy again.

It's First day of fall...so where is my cooler weather?

It's Monday ladies and gents. Let's start the week off right so we can push through it!

Nice shave Don. I totally forgot it was LNHC week this morning but i will get my 2 soaps in for sure. Hope your week goes smoothly!

I keep coming to the danger zone expecting something else and I keep finding this goofy sweet fella. That was a boat load of oranges! What are you going to do with them all?

Back