The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Strong move Don! You're keeping up with the hipsters!

I'll tell ya, my view of jury duty changed with the last one. It was the only time I've actually made it out of the waiting room. Actually got put on a jury. Got to see how SLOW and BORING legal proceedings were. How little time is actual "work" time in the courtroom. And then took me quite a while to get over a verdict that I wasn't all that happy with. The effects on others in that situation really hit hard.

Strong move Don! You're keeping up with the hipsters!

I'll tell ya, my view of jury duty changed with the last one. It was the only time I've actually made it out of the waiting room. Actually got put on a jury. Got to see how SLOW and BORING legal proceedings were. How little time is actual "work" time in the courtroom. And then took me quite a while to get over a verdict that I wasn't all that happy with. The effects on others in that situation really hit hard.

I've never done jury duty myself, was never called when I was living in the states. Always wondered what it was like in a real courtroom. My only experience was in High School when we took a field trip to a murder trial. Even that wasn't exactly exciting, but it did stick with me.

Nice Don. So i gotta ask because we are thinking of doing the same thing, Does the Hulu-Live have any kind of DVR or are you just able to find things on Hulu after they air? That is one of the main points for YouTube TV that has me leaning that way is you can attach it to multiple google accounts and each one gets it's own unlimited cloud DVR. Biggest drawback of that one for us currently is that it doesn't have the History channel and we have several shows we watch on that and Hulu i believe Does have History.

Nice Don. So i gotta ask because we are thinking of doing the same thing, Does the Hulu-Live have any kind of DVR or are you just able to find things on Hulu after they air? That is one of the main points for YouTube TV that has me leaning that way is you can attach it to multiple google accounts and each one gets it's own unlimited cloud DVR. Biggest drawback of that one for us currently is that it doesn't have the History channel and we have several shows we watch on that and Hulu i believe Does have History.
So Hulu Live is live TV. A ton of channels too. Pretty much everything I want. Channels likeHBO and Staz areextra if you want them. There is a cloud DVR that includes 50 hours ofstorage. You can get more storage also for an extra price. More sports channels than I know what to do with. Basically...I don't know why I I didn't switch earlier.

Good luck getting through the jury day. Congrats cutting the cord on cable! We don’t regret it either; between Netflix and Amazon Prime, we have plenty of content to binge.

I’ve yet to be put in a jury, though I’ve been called to show up for selection a decent number of times. Normally I throw out the explanations of how household income works for us and I get excused. I get that it’s my civic duty...but I’m not going to go into more debt or miss a mortgage payment for it...

I’ve yet to be put in a jury, though I’ve been called to show up for selection a decent number of times. Normally I throw out the explanations of how household income works for us and I get excused. I get that it’s my civic duty...but I’m not going to go into more debt or miss a mortgage payment for it...
Ya, that's a huge thing for a lot of people I'm sure. We're pretty lucky is our employer will pay you while you're on jury duty.

Good luck getting through the jury day. Congrats cutting the cord on cable! We don’t regret it either; between Netflix and Amazon Prime, we have plenty of content to binge.

Ya, that's a huge thing for a lot of people I'm sure. We're pretty lucky is our employer will pay you while you're on jury duty.

Yeah...being a state employee, I get paid for jury duty to. So that's not such a concern for me. My concerns have to do more with my work load.

I have never been called for jury duty and can't imagine that I would ever get chosen. I have a box full of straight razors and a closet full of guns. Plus You know how they say to never talk about your religious or political views.....well let's just say I don't have much I can say.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Voskhod (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Ghost Lime
Brush: TSC First Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Avon - Island Lime

09182019.jpg

I saw @Dave in KY shave with the @CBLSoap.com Ghost Lime yesterday and thought to myself, "Self, I need to shave with that tomorrow!" So, Here I am...shaving with Ghost Lime today! Ghost lime is more of a summertime scent that maybe some of you will say good-bye to, keeping with this week's shave theme. But in this household...NEVER. Ghost lime will stick through the cooler season (if it ever gets here...so far, this September has been a record September for us with temps above 90 everyday so far...most closer to 100). Anyway...we all know how Ghost Lime performs...excellent if I may add...so I won't go into incredible detail here. Just know that I performed three passes with ease and no thought...and ended up with a DFS+. Avon Island Lime is my faves in the Lime After Shave department. This one has the best longevity of any lime aftershave I have tried and smells great too! While there is substantial longevity to the scent, it doesn't over project, which is fantastic for me since I will be sitting in close proximity to several people all day to day. So more about this below.

The Danger Zone:

Yup...Jury Duty again today. What's different from today than yesterday? Well today I am an actual Juror. Being in the deep south, I am currently conjuring images of Atticus Finch standing in front of a jury in To Kill a Mockingbird...

1568805121305.png

But it's probably going to more like My Cousin Vinny...

1568805231530.png1568805330201.png

At any rate...yesterday's selection process was incredibly long and incredibly boring! And at about 5:15 PM...I was selected as Juror Number 12. Hey...I told them everything! Where I work at...that I used to work for State Police...that I know a lot of law enforcement...that my wife is an attorney...all the stupid stuff my brother used to do...I told them of the twisted relationship that @NurseDave and @GearNoir have...wait...what was that last part? 🤪 All this and they still wanted me. Oh well...no issue here...I still get paid from my work...so the only I am missing today is a little time to get some reports in. At least I didn't get selected to be one of the Alternates...poor saps have to sit through everything that I do and don't have a say...🙂. All this being said...despite it being a long day and most of it boring. It is interesting to see the judicial process at work. Hey, I know a lot of attorneys that have never seen the inside of the courtroom. Won't be online today folks...no phones in the courtroom.

It's Hump Day! Kick some serious Ass Cadre!

Good luck with that nonsense. Admittedly the first thing that popped into my head was My Cousin Vinny. Tell those yoots to get it together!

I've toyed with the idea of cutting cable, but my wife likes it. Hulu - Live may be the answer. We have Comcast for phone/internet/cable, and I cannot get her to agree to cut out the phone, which we never use. She's afraid the robo-calls will just switch to her cell. <sigh>

Back