The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

...a lot of attorneys I deal with in the adversarial portion of my job are not always great or even good attorneys. Some of them I just down right loath. It's funny how much borderline unethical stuff they can get away with.
Aren't those the ones that end up becoming politicians? :unsure:

....keep a level head....
If only folk could acquire this skill - and it's applicable in all things..... Glad everything turned out OK.

I wish all people reacted like you did, Don. Keep calm, gather pertinent information, and lead the way. All too often I get there and family members are worked up, can't tell me anything, and it's just a mess. It's my of my stronger skills to be able to weed through the nonsense, but it's better when I don't have to. Strong work. And great shave!

I wish all people reacted like you did, Don. Keep calm, gather pertinent information, and lead the way. All too often I get there and family members are worked up, can't tell me anything, and it's just a mess. It's my of my stronger skills to be able to weed through the nonsense, but it's better when I don't have to. Strong work. And great shave!
Thanks man. I guess it looked like I was toot'n my own horn...but that was not my intent. There were other of my co-workers that remained calm and performed a valuable service. But in my experience...most people just get in the way or if they have a valuable skill...they are just too worked up to do anything about it.

And yes...you should have made this call from Texas so we could have a beer afterward! 🤪

I guess it looked like I was toot'n my own horn...but that was not my intent
Nah. I'm sure everybody who was able to contribute killed it. I just singled you out because you're the only person in the story I know. Haha. I wouldn't mind driving down there someday for a beer.

I totally know what you mean Don! Lucky you and the more action oriented coworkers where there.

It’s a shame more folks don’t get at least an introductory seminar on emergency situations, particularly in the workplace, given the uptick in public violence and other scenarios. It’s just not something on people’s minds more often than not and they freeze up when the moment comes.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Weekend in Malibu
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Stirling - Weekend in Malibu

Quick one today gents as I am up a little later than usual for a work day. Today starts a new soap theme for the week..."Tell your friends good-bye!" It's like those summer friendships that we have as a kid. Or maybe like that girl you met at summer camp...the time you spent together was magical...but ended too abruptly. Either way...it's a time to get those last shaves in of those summer scents. Today I chose Weekend In Malibu by Stirling Soap Co. Okay I have a confession to make...I likely won't say good-bye to this friend. I just might talk to her as much. Great shave this morning with a fantastic scent! Three passes on the weekend stubble and I am DFS++. Some healthy splashes and at least one healthy glug of the aftershave of the same name...and choirs of angels are singing the Hallelujah Chorus!

The Danger Zone:

Didn't do a ton this weekend except watch some football and a little house work. Nothing really to write home about. It's been hot around these parts...unseasonably this time of year. It's still usually hot...just not this hot. So it's been dry too. The grass hasn't grown much (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) so I slacked on cutting the grass. That just means I will have to cut it after work one day.

Yeah, I know...it's Monday. But we can start it off right Cadre! We can be the reason our workplaces are humming and productive. We are the reason co-workers smile on Monday! Have a great one guys!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans - St. Barts
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Ariana & Evans - St. Barts

09172019.jpg

Another soap I am saying good-bye to this summer (or not...most likely not) is A&E St. Barts! This is a perfect warm weather scent because it just transports you to another place. Shaving with St. Barts I envision myself sipping a big fruity adult beverage with a huge umbrella and big chunks of fruit. But the scent isn't all that's to rave about this soap either...the performance is top notch. I would place @CBLSoap.com and @LNHC above A&E...but it's up there. Great performance in this soap and wonderful post shave feel. Did I say I was going to say good-bye to this soap...yeah...retract that. This will make an appearance, even in the coldest of days this winter. Three passes in the usual directions...feeling super smooth. Healthy amounts of aftershave of the same name and...BOOM!!!! I am ready to NOT go to work (more on that below).

The Danger Zone:

Yup...no work today. Going in to do my civic duty. Today is the day I appear for Jury Duty that I was personally served (mentioned a couple a weeks ago). So...it's me an the Kindle today..that is until I have to pay attention. Not saying I am actually looking forward to the Jury Duty part. But I am looking for a low-key, no stress type of day.

Well, the wife and I did it! A few years ago we subscribed to a cable package (Internet, Cable, and Phone...never used the phone part) and the price was very reasonable. No contract, and the promotional price was guaranteed for a year. After the year...the price went up a bit, but it wasn't really anything to worry about. Then it kept going up until it became our largest bill of the month outside of Mortgage, Auto Payment, and Vehicle Insurance. Well yesterday we decided to get rid of cable. I don't have much of a choice with our internet as we only have two choices. One is AT&T and since we live outside of City Limits...we would only be able to get internet with a speed of 5 mbps. The other option is what we currently have with the company we were with (Cox). And since we don't have cable and internet...the internet is more than I would like to spend. But what can we do. So we now have internet and the wife signed up for Hulu - Live. Have to say the little bit that I played around last night with it...I am very impressed. All that being said...we are saving more than $100 a month by cutting the cable and switching to Hulu. And I will have to say...I am not missing out on anything...because the Hulu - Live has most of the channels we were watching anyway!

It's Tuesday y'all! One more day closer to the weekend! Take a deep breath, have a great shave...and attack the day like it's coming for you! Have a great one Cadre!

Back