The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Eww...not sure about that...but I understand what you are saying.
I stand by Texas teams, despite how much they cry about not making as much money as UT and leave the Big 12 to never ever win an SEC championship.

I stand by Texas teams, despite how much they cry about not making as much money as UT and leave the Big 12 to never ever win an SEC championship.
So what you are saying is that you will cheer on a team that YOUR team directly recruits against? Yeah...no way Jose. LSU is in a unique position that it recruits a different caliber of player than the other instate schools. If I was a UT fan...there would be no way in hell I would cheer on A&M, Tech, Baylor, or Houston. But hey...to each his own.

So what you are saying is that you will cheer on a team that YOUR team directly recruits against? Yeah...no way Jose. LSU is in a unique position that it recruits a different caliber of player than the other instate schools. If I was a UT fan...there would be no way in hell I would cheer on A&M, Tech, Baylor, or Houston. But hey...to each his own.
Meh. It's like cheering for your nephew when your son is playing against him. It's just nice to be nice, but you really know that your son can dunk on your nephew any day of the week.

Meh. It's like cheering for your nephew when your son is playing against him. It's just nice to be nice, but you really know that your son can dunk on your nephew any day of the week.
Except that in your case...most of the nephews have been body slamming your son for a while now! :)

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium Extra Stainless (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: A&E - St. Barts
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: A&E St. Barts

09092019.jpg

I think I am in sync with the right week now...and the Best Scents of Summer week kicks off. One of my favorite scents of summer (though I will likely wear this in the fall and winter too) is Ariana & Evans St. Barts. Of all the summery scents I have...this is the one scent that if I close my eyes I really can see myself sitting at the ocean side bar in Hawaii or Puerto Rico or St. Kitts...or where ever you favorite beach destination might be...and drinking a mojito or pina colada. But not does it just smell great...it shaves great too! Three passes and I am DFS++ smooth which is about 85% BBS (all except certain neck areas). A few glugs of the aftershave of the same name...and I am good to go for the week!

The Danger Zone:

That was a crazy game Saturday night against Texas. But my LSU Tigers went to a hostile place and came out with a win! A funny thing happened on Saturday though. Had a knock on the door and it turned out to be a Sheriff's Deputy. I figured I was being served with a subpoena and sure enough I was. I was super baffled by who needs me to appear in court (I mean...outside my duties at work that is). Turns out...I was being summonsed to appear for Jury Duty. I have been living in my parish (what we call counties) for about five years now. Previously I lived in Baton Rouge and jury summons was always done by mail. Well it turns out that its done by personal service where I live now. I joked with the deputy and told him now I have to explain to all the nosy neighbors why the Sheriff's Office was knocking on my door!

Let's get this Monday kicked off right Cadre! Have a great one!

A personal summons to jury duty? That's the first time of heard of that. I'm sure you've probably got a neighbor like Mrs. Kravitz (from, "Bewitched") - everyone does - have fun with that! :cool:

Maybe they figure the human face delivery on the jury summons will help motivate people to do their civic duty better. :unsure:

Anyway...glad it was nothing serious lol.

Maybe they figure the human face delivery on the jury summons will help motivate people to do their civic duty better. :unsure:

Anyway...glad it was nothing serious lol.
Yeah...not really sure entirely...but the thing is...it's an actual Subpoena. So if you don't appear...the parish has the right to haul into court and explain why you didn't show up! What I think is really crazy about the situation is that it takes a lot of resources to serve everyone for jury duty. A parish with a larger city in it like East Baton Rouge Parish and Baton Rouge, as large as their Sheriff's Office is...they still wouldn't have the resources to personally serve each potential juror.

The only thing I can think of is that it is possibly a special jury pool for a trial that wasn't expected. Anyway...I have it and am happy to do my civic duty. I seriously doubt they will keep me anyway.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium Extra Stainless (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Weekend in Malibu
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Stirling - Weekend in Malibu

Well I did this shave last week, but liked it so much that I thought I would do it again! The soap is good...the soap is always good. Actually it is great and not just good. But it's this scent that really keeps me coming back to it. The aquatic base with the floral component just really appeals to me. When I first started out this journey we call wet shaving...I would have told you I was a straight up sandalwood guy! Then it was bay rum...then it was some other stuff. But had you told me that in four to five years I would be ga ga over floral notes...I would have looked at you like you were crazy. But here I am...and I love the depth of a lot of these soaps, aftershaves, and EdTs that have the likes of lily, jasmine, honeysuckle, freesia, gardenia, and yes even rose. Just such amazing depth!

Anyway...three smooth passes, a healthy dose of aftershave of the same soap name...and I am DFS+! Ready to take on the world.

The Danger Zone:

I have to go with one of my co-workers to interview a witness today. It's not an overly complicated interview, but it is in a prison. It's rare we have to interview someone that is incarcerated...but here I am. This job never ceases to surprise me.

Tuesdays are never all that fun...but I have faith in the Cadre! Have a fantastic day Cadre!

I regret not picking up that set every time you post about it. 🤣 I hope today wasn't as bad as you were anticipating.

Back