The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Feather SS Clone
Blade: Feather Professional AC Proguard (2nd Shave)
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium Extra Stainless (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water - Coconut Sandalwood
Brush: Stirling 24mm Fan in Best Badger
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine - Platinum

1566557990584.png

Loved my shave yesterday so much I decided to do it again! Had really good results and I didn't have the blunt force trauma (okay not really) to go with the shave. The only different was that I switched out brushes and used a badger today. I was a little better with the feather clone today but I am still really uncoordinated with it. I will say that while I really appreciate the guarded blade...I don't think it really can be used to learn proper technique. I found myself going in at angles that I never would have if I had a normal AC blade in it. That being said...It definitely lets me experience a straight type shave without the error of ruining my face.

A pass with the clone and three from the Progress and man my face is smooth! A splash or two...ah heck...who am I kidding. A few glugs of Fine Platinum and I am feeling and smelling right again!

The Danger Zone:

Well for some strange reason it didn't rain yesterday, so I took the opportunity to mow. Was able to pull out the zero turn and made quick work of the job. The grass was pretty tall so I had to raise the deck a bit to ensure no huge clumps of grass in the yard. The yard looks great...but the raised deck means that I will have to mow again at the first availability.

It's Friday YO! And there is College Football on this weekend! I hope the Cadre has a wonderful day!

Razor: Feather SS Clone
Blade: Feather Professional AC Proguard (2nd Shave)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium Extra Stainless (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water - Coconut Sandalwood
Brush: Stirling 24mm Fan in Best Badger
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine - Platinum

View attachment 7828

Loved my shave yesterday so much I decided to do it again! Had really good results and I didn't have the blunt force trauma (okay not really) to go with the shave. The only different was that I switched out brushes and used a badger today. I was a little better with the feather clone today but I am still really uncoordinated with it. I will say that while I really appreciate the guarded blade...I don't think it really can be used to learn proper technique. I found myself going in at angles that I never would have if I had a normal AC blade in it. That being said...It definitely lets me experience a straight type shave without the error of ruining my face.

A pass with the clone and three from the Progress and man my face is smooth! A splash or two...ah heck...who am I kidding. A few glugs of Fine Platinum and I am feeling and smelling right again!

The Danger Zone:

Well for some strange reason it didn't rain yesterday, so I took the opportunity to mow. Was able to pull out the zero turn and made quick work of the job. The grass was pretty tall so I had to raise the deck a bit to ensure no huge clumps of grass in the yard. The yard looks great...but the raised deck means that I will have to mow again at the first availability.

It's Friday YO! And there is College Football on this weekend! I hope the Cadre has a wonderful day!

I always have the mower raised up on a higher level. It does mean mowing more often, but I think the grass just looks better too.

Razor: Kai Captain Kamisori Clone
Blade: Feather Professional AC Proguard (3rd Shave)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium Extra Stainless (5th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming in collaboration with Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche
Brush: TSC Member Brush...the Luca Brasi...in Best Badger by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Ultimate Aftershave: Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche

08262019.jpg

Today starts Top Shelf week with the soap/cream theme! And it's a week to celebrate the best of the best in our soaps and creams. Or maybe it's a week to shave with those soaps that could be a top shelf drink. Or maybe a week to shave with a cream that has a top shelf ingredient. Who knows what goes on the mind of the Cadre! But for me...I start the week off with what is likely my favorite of all soaps. It's mostly because of the scent that I absolutely love. But this soap is one of the elite in my den. Vide Poche is just an amazing soap! Not only is it amazing performing and amazing smelling...it has some pretty amazing ingredients too...Mango Seed Butter, Bison Tallow, Lamb Tallow, and Lanolin just to name a few!

Used the Kai Captain Kamisori clone that @gvw755 is loaning the Cadre in @The Monkey 's passaround! This is my first go around with a kamisori style razor...and I have to say...it is so much easier to use than a typical straight! So much more control! That being said...I still managed a whole mess of weepers. I lilely have some pretty poor technique.

A pass with the kami and an additional three passes with the Progress. The Wizamet blade is going strong which is unusual for a blade. By the fourth shave...blades for me are ready to be pitched. Ended up with a DFS+++ (90% BBS) and a healthy splash or two of the Aftershave that is named the same as the soap...and the cosmos aligns!

The Danger Zone:

It rained most of the weekend, so I stay inside pretty much the whole time. I managed to get my mother's yard mostly mowed. She is out of town (actually in Utah visiting a couple of the National Parks there...wish it was me so I could see @Cvargo in person and deliver a box of peppermints!) so I don't have to be perfect. Not much else to say as the weekend was pretty much uneventful!

Carry on Cadre and conquer the world!

It rained most of the weekend, so I stay inside pretty much the whole time. I managed to get my mother's yard mostly mowed. She is out of town (actually in Utah visiting a couple of the National Parks there...wish it was me so I could see @Cvargo in person and deliver a box of peppermints!) so I don't have to be perfect. Not much else to say as the weekend was pretty much uneventful!

Most likely southern Utah. Hot down there this time of year. But always pretty! If you ever make it out here, i'll smoke some meat for ya.

Razor: Kai Captain Kamisori Clone
Blade: Feather Professional AC Proguard (4th Shave)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium Extra Stainless (6th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - Oud Minerale
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Platinum

08272019.jpg

Continuing on with Top Shelf week...I would be remiss if I did not mention @CBLSoap.com and it's great creator and conjurer... Chris @CBLindsay ! Oud Minerale as most of us know it was one of the Bonuses included with the TSC Anniversary Brush. This soap is the epitome of an Elite Soap. Incredible scent, great shaver, awesome post shave feel, etc, etc, etc. I just love using this soap! Luckily I have other distractions to make this soap last a while...because I don't want it to run out!

Took the Kai Captain Kamisori Cloe out for a spin again. And while I feel a bit more confident with this style...I also feel like I am making a ton more mistakes. I guess that is all part of the learning process. A pass with the Kami and three more with the progress. I'm sitting at DFS and I have no qualms about it. A few glugs of Platinum and I KNOW I will get some compliments on how I smell today!

The Danger Zone:

It's continuing to rain and they say it is supposed to stop today. I have mushrooms growing in my yard that are some of the biggest I have ever seen. At first chance I will be removing them as soon as I can. The final piece of my last case of the month is falling into place today. It looks like I will be turning that report in tomorrow and then I can get a couple days jump on next month. After this month's report...I should be sitting pretty for a while...that is until something happens and I am assigned some cases that need to be done ASAP. One of my colleagues is pregnant and due at the end of October. So it is quite possible that I end up with one of her cases to finish it. No biggie...just move on and get it done.

It's time for Wet-Shavers of the World to Unite and Take Over! (Channeling my inner Smiths) Go forth Cadre and Prosper!

Back