The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

You'd have to pay me a lot of money, about $3, to shave with hand soap. You guys are wild. Haha. Have a good one, Don.
Hey Ben, now that you're a VLOGer, you need to start participating in the Stunt Shaves for VLOGer series! In fact why don't you go back and start accomplishing the ones that you have missed.

Still not seen that video proof yet......................Oh Dooooon !!
HAd some network issues at home. For some reason this super fast internet that I pay a LOT of money for...gets super slow first thing in the morning. I got busy last night night with getting ready for our trip. I am trying to download it now so I can do my edits and then upload it before I leave for work. Fingers crossed.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Triumph
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
Ultimate Aftershave -Stirling Triumph

07302019.jpg

I know this is Sample Week for the Soap and Cream Themes, but I received my Stirling Triumph in the mail on Friday and I really wanted to give it a whirl before I left on vacation. I mean...I guess it's a sample of sorts. The soap is only 3 oz as opposed to the Stirling typical 5.8 oz. And the aftershave is only 2 oz as opposed to the Stirling typical 3.4. But nevertheless, I used Triumph today. Okay...we all know what awesome lather that Stirling Soap produces...so I won't go into it that much. But...this scent. Oh man this scent! The wife and I were in a department store a month or so ago picking up an EdP that she ran out of...Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle Intense...her signature scent...and the ladies that spay you to death with various fragrances offered me a sniff of Paco Rabanne's Invictus. Oh man did I love that stuff right off that bat! Anyway, this stuff smells just like it or very similar as far as my memory recollects. The soap is a perfect sent strength on it's own. Always present throughout the shave...but never bothersome to the nostrils. The Aftershave is right there also...so far perfect strength of sent and I would suspect that it has decent longevity. If there is a bit of a complaint...and it is a tiny one...I think the aftershave has a bit of a synthetic dry down scent. It's really nothing a can't live with and to be honest...it is barely there. Anyway...this scent is winner for me and I will likely ALWAYS have it available in my den! If you are wondering what it smells like...it is definitely a cologne type scent...but it's fresh and citrusy...with a tad bit of a woody dry down (not cedar though 🤪 ). Anyway...three passes and I have corrected all the mistakes of yesterday's follies! DFS++ for the win today gents!

The Danger Zone:

Getting ready for the trip tomorrow. Sorry to say that I will be sporadic at best the next couple of weeks. For a few days...I won't have internet or cell access at all as I will be high in the mountains of Pennsylvania (que the twang of a banjo and recall the sounds of Deliverance...:LOL:). But I will try to get on when I can. Maybe if I can...I will try for an outdoors shave!

And for your viewing pleasure...yesterday's shave with Lava hand Soap!

Back