The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Schick Injector (Type E?)
Blade: Schick Injector Blade (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Cold River Soap Works (Select) - Citrus
Brush: Stirling 24 mm Fan in Finest Badger
The Ante-penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Penultimate Aftershave: A&E Shave Serum No. 3
The Ultimate Aftershave: Florida Water

Citrus week continues and I decided to shave with...well...citrus. Cold River Soap Works Citrus that is and in the Select version. The scent n this isn't any particular type of citrus specifically. But more of a Citrus Punch. Think of Sunny Delight...well sort of. At any rate...this soap...you give it enough water and it is one of the slickest soaps I have tried. But what I love about CRSW is the post shave feel. Plenty of moisturizing properties for the skin.

Second go with the Injectah! And it does not fail to live up to promises. I will say though...if you haven't mastered the light touch...you might be in trouble. And for the record...I don't think I have mastered the light touch, but instead got lucky! Ended up with a DFS+, almost as good as yesterdays!

Didn't really have much irritation, and my skin isn't dry or anything...but I felt the need for a little something extra on my skin and went for the Post Shave Serum No. 3. I don't like balms really of any sort, but this is much lighter and absorbs into the skin super fast! And it makes my skin silky smooth! Anyway...before I leave for work, I am dousing myself with Florida Water. Poor souls that have to ride with me on the elevator! 😈

The Danger Zone:

We have a supposed cold front moving through today...which might be a first for me in July. It won't actually get cold, but temps are expected to be in the mid to high 80s. I'll take it as it has been near or above 100 lately and the humidity is ALWAYS above 75-80%.

Have a great one cadre!

I don't know how I didn't notice that it was cooler when I walked to my truck. I guess because it's usually 83° this time of morning.

Learn to master the light touch, dangerous one!

Razor: Schick Injector (Type E?)
Blade: Schick Injector Blade (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery - Uplift
Brush: Stirling 24 mm Fan in Finest Badger
The Ante-penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Penultimate Aftershave: A&E Shave Serum No. 3
The Ultimate Aftershave: Florida Water

07242019.jpg

Another citrus flavored soap at bat for Citrus Week in the themes! I went with Uplift from Sudsy Soapery. For the longest time SS had made an excellent soap base without tallow or another animal fat. And to be honest, that soap base was better than most tallow soaps. At one time I even called it Elite and today I still say that it is a strong Tier 1 soap! Enter their tallow version. This is some good stuff. If I thought the soap hit all the marks before. It doubly does so now! I think this was their first offering in tallow, so I didn't have may choices in scent at the time. But even so, this soap smells pretty good! It is all lemon. It's a bit on the one note side...but it is still pleasant to sniff.

My three pass shave turned more into a four pass and clean-up. Don't ask how I ended up with four passes...I just did. At any rate...I am becoming more and more impressed with the Injector. But this thing is sharp! It is a wonder that I have not seen a speck of blood after three shaves with it! Mr. Murphy probably heard that though and tomorrows shave is likely to be a blood bath! Either way...today's shave was a good one, despite the experimental pass. I got a DFS+...so I am good!

Smeared on some A&E Shave Serum again and man does that stuff add that extra something to the skin. Love it! Florida water is on deck for me before I leave for work again. I know it is a cheap drug store cologne...but that stuff smells good (to me) and it seems to last a good bit of the day. I still smelled some last night on my hands!

The Danger Zone:

Work has me traveling to the most impoverished parish in our state today. And it isn't easy to get to. No interstates for me today...cross country it is. The ride is between 3 and a half and four hours one way. But oddly, I am looking forward to it. I wish I was in my own vehicle though. Because about 20 minutes north of where I will be is a site that I have wanted to see for a very long time! Poverty Point is World Heritage site that that was a place that a civilization thrived about 3,000 years ago. There are lots of earth works and an amphitheater. It's just rare that one can visit something that old.

If you are interested check out these sites. Yeah...I know one of them is Wikipedia...but it has more information on it than the official sites:

It's Hump Day! Let's make today a great one!

Back