The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Great shave, glad the injector is working it’s magic for you!

So I’m guessing that because your in a company car they track your miles? Is that why you can’t go visits the historic spot?

Great shave, glad the injector is working it’s magic for you!

So I’m guessing that because your in a company car they track your miles? Is that why you can’t go visits the historic spot?

Yeah...probably wasn't clear about that sorry. If the site was like five minutes away...that would be one thing. But I would have to drive a bit further. Then I likely wouldn't have enough time anyway to actually enjoy it. As it was, I didn't get home until almost 8:00 PM as it was. I do these types of drives about every other month or so...six to ten times a year...depends on my case. I could always ask for a hotel...but honestly, I would rather sleep in my own bed. That's high I do these in a day. It's not that bad...I get a chance to catch up on my podcasts.

Razor: Schick Injector (Type E)
Blade: Schick Injector Blade (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery - Citrus and Sandalwood
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine - L'Orange Noir

For a guy that prefers flowers and spice over citrus...I sire do have a lot of citrus scented soaps! Maybe I am turning over a new...peel? An attempt at bad humor I guess. But this morning I grabbed the first citrus scented soap I saw and ended up with SS Citrus and Sandalwood. Man does this stuff smell great. Just a mellow and a little earthy orange scent I guess. Just really nice to ease myself into the day. Three passes with the Injector and I think I am getting the hang of this. Another DFS+ to kick start the day. Followed up with healthy glugs of L'Orange Noir and I KNOW I will get a compliment or two today based on how I smell!

The Danger Zone:

Work is busy as always this time of month. I need to finish up these two reports that all I really need to do is write them. One I should finish today...and the other I should be able to finish on Monday.

It's Friday gents..and we have made it! Finish off the week strong and the Cadre will rule the world!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette Nacet (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: LAVA Hand Soap...by the makers of WD40
Brush: Omega Pro 49
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The AntePenultimate Aftershave: A&E Shave Serum No. 3
Ultimate Aftershave - Proraso

IMG_20190728_171314.jpg

Okay...it's all fun and games until someone uses LAVA hand soap to shave with! Honestly I don't know what I was thinking. Did a three passer with the soap but it was more like a two passer...two WtG passes and one AtG...or actually two North to South and then one South to North. My first attempt with the brush failed miserably. I applied to the face like a shave stick and tried to lather with the boar brush. First of all....I had probably too much water. But mostly...all that soap wanted to produce was light fluffy lather that I haven't experienced since my first couple of months wet shaving. No slickness at at! Subsequent passes I still used the soap like a shave stick but ditched the brush. Instead I used my hands and actually came away with a decent lather that was slick enough (actually it was pretty slick) to shave with. I ended up with a pretty decent shave. I nicked myself on one side of my jaw and then cut myself on the other side. Other than that...I have had worse haves with actually shave products. What would I grade this...not sure really. It's definitely not a DFS...and I am not sure it's a close comfortable shave. Let's just call it a relatively close shave...RCS. Used some A&E Post Shave Serum No. 3 because I expect a lot of irritation later today. I have a video in the works of the shave...but not sure if it will be up before I go to work. I might have to upload it later tonight.

The Danger Zone:

It's Monday and I have today and tomorrow to finish up these two reports for work. Should be able to get them done with no issue...but I will be busy today. Wednesday morning I leave for vacation...so I am pretty excited for that.

Start the week off Strong Cadre!

You'd have to pay me a lot of money, about $3, to shave with hand soap. You guys are wild. Haha. Have a good one, Don.

Back