The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Actually Erie isnt bad for me at all and you've already done a lot of travel, so I'm fine with that if it works for you. Plus there isnt really a lot around other than trees haha. Let me know what you get figured out for time and we can go from there.

Actually Erie isnt bad for me at all and you've already done a lot of travel, so I'm fine with that if it works for you. Plus there isnt really a lot around other than trees haha. Let me know what you get figured out for time and we can go from there.
Sounds like a plan!

West Pa and SE Ohio have beautiful scenery and stuff. And you are used to hot and humid. Winters can be a little sketchy, but those road boys know how to deal with snow.

Just catching up Don. Glad to hear you guys are ok and that not much damage was sustained in the area. You're right though, The Weather Channel and even most local news stations, are awful! They talk everything up making things seem worse, probably just to get better ratings!

I was curious if folks that really depend on accurate weather pay for apps that have detailed radar or some such thing.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Rapira Swedish Steel (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Orange Frankincense with Hemp Oil
Brush: TSC Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf by Eric Sorrentino (@Smattayu )
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Peach Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - L'Orange Noir

Honestly I wasn't going to shave today. One of those days where I just felt like giving the old face a rest. But then I remembered this particular soap. And I REALLY love how the CBL soaps with hemp oil feel on the face...no matter the version. So I set out to do just a two-passer. More to get the lather on the face than anything else. Nothing really to talk about...two passes North to South and then South to North. no cleanup...not the best shave in the world...just a nice no thought shave. But man...does this soap feel good! And I love the scent! The scent is slightly sweet and and slightly spicy and bright! It's almost earthy...but doesn't quite get there. On first whiff I would say that it is a warmer scent...but the orange really freshens it up a bit so it's not just a cold weather scent. Anyway...finished off my no frills shave with a healthy glug or two of Fine L'Orange Noir! If I was playing shave golf...then this would be the equivalent to a lay-up. Not because I was trying to minimize losses...but more because I was trying to enjoy what I had and not make something into something it is not! I'll call this a bogie, but only because the shave itself was less than stellar. But again, I shaved this morning more for the soap than anything else!

Sorry nothing fancy on the pic today!

The Danger Zone:

I think it's Wednesday...is it Wednesday? Oh good! One more day that gets us closer to the weekend. I am dragging a bit today and I'm not sure why. Was watching a bit of the final table of the World Series of Poker last night and while I really love playing the game...and I really like seeing how others play hands in certain situations...when it gets down to three...man can it get boring. But that is the game.

Hope the Cadre gets through this Hump Day in TSC fashion!

Poker is a fun game to play with buddies, when the drinks have wet lips and the lighthearted verbal jabs are flying! But you’re right, it’s only of those types of games that is mostly fun just for the players, not the observers.

Excellent stuff, Don! I used to love watching the World Poker Tour and such, but it is definitely more fun to actually play. But I have a hard time finding friends who will join me for more than one poker night because I tend to end up winning the first time out.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Rapira Swedish Steel (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Ghost Dragon's Blood
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Ultimate Aftershave: Wholly Kaw

Continuing with the Soap theme of the Month/Week...I picked, likely my favorite CBL scent (until I smell one better that is)...Ghost Dragon's Blood. Well, you don't really smell the ghost part...but the Dragon's Blood is definitely there! I woke up really late yesterday, the Danger Hound Allie that is my alarm clock, decided that she didn't have to go pee until almost an hour after her normal outing. So Yay! I got to sleep in. And Boo! I had to really hustle to get to work on time! Add to the fact that yesterday was garbage day and I had to get that out to the road...I don't like putting the trash out the night before...something about the terrorists or the government or someone trying to steal my information and make me a spy for the evil conglomerate that is Michael Eisner, Bill Gates, and Col. Sanders (now he is not dead...that was just a cover-up)...But I digest! Mmm...digestion! Needless to say...I didn't shave yesterday. No worries...A shave with two days' growth always works out best for me anyway and this was no exception! This soap is the BOSS! Like I love it! Can there be a better combination than Wagyu Beef Tallow and Hemp Oil? I DON'T THINK SO!!! Anyway...finished up with another DFS+ and the world just seems to melt away! A couple glugs of Wholly Kaw King of Oud After Shave and man things just fall into place!

The Danger Zone:

As hinted above...yesterday was busy. But I made it through. Slowly putting the house back into order from this last weekend's weather...but all is well. I need a vacation from the weekend...but that is coming soon. Otherwise...things are pretty normal right now!

It is FRIDAY!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!! And I hope the weekend plans are nothing but pina coladas and mojitos! Have a great Friday Cadre!

Razor: Schick Injector (Type E?)
Blade: Schick Injector Blade (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Ghost Lime
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Ultimate Aftershave: Shulton Lime Old Spice

07222019.jpg

No, No, No...the TSC Artisan and Vendor week is over and I was able to use most of my CBL Soaps. But This week's theme starts Citrus Week and my favorite lime soap is CBL Ghost Lime! Fortuna!

I had recently expressed an interest in picking up an Injector and was asking about the different characteristics. @Dave in KY was kind enough to give me an Injector. I think it's a Type E...but I am sure the Cadre will let me know. Anyway...he sent me the Injector and it cleaned up really well!

eB_-9Frx-IXFlvGIPpIy0qbuXTiK-ydrhbQGk4u5R0wV-7eDEfudGVfZXbpvj2YAoilIG3CogXsbnfRhXcysLGpfgq-KhZpNBLV2BYDoIK-vgV74GlsTR5tzPqbfT8JQhZ2b5Ft28Xp9HxatIKFXZtoBi65bsCXbx-XT_sQHcWJI6uU6B_BPPzgxdxpAL76cUX3YnuGw9cnGzKFpzxkHgiJXw5t3m0f0gL76wp-SCsTEErntoDUrPQ0i7GZWwnq3jbVi6psJT0EtLUyW-vE6snwFjQehjn2dR3xvPKLA9WwAz-qbMLhwg-X9uq_bDL0HSlnuAvpg02tBe8n5LJCRxK58c3U-Fb4R_nM1icIJFS1KDuAnAK1TCma3OsEWKQPuMW8gvAS26qJwiTvHMYvwz28EGke1NQF-7M9hZkGksSYPS4foxTq5rT2uiremMv5KeO1w7Y2stUPQiaBG8G0eCb1ZU38ncjcxRPjdqLvdTmdNzzkGiTaKFFygZ2bJlr9s7FfSB71fd3w_94nXBgj4PjPUSyzdvqTkng4RzUU7-5LGu3LAorVaS2rxpPlTFzz_WBBmLlFVz9hSnp9EG8ZfroHyPwBtyzvmCrFxpTKK8ucSxr7JobKZjaSs8uBa91PRvVOY5j001Dna7C4aw-vUYRpWsGiCBCQ=w675-h900-no
bXdC6-XsXsNviZp4N3Sy6DnVMeZtUrvnAwPZT_1ZN3zIOr93L8Yn_-dkL9MQTGolSqkoGHXtSpwPiftN2gF13FtR8rIP-W-SS-03-hORXiiJj1jshEWvTJnsGS8CZXFHB6MVU-pftSqkycTW_XzgmYVBnkoM1OMKIKE04CbPifT_MQn7-LGB1ixKlyfQ4trWuMYe1ZgwRCEQG2xchIsCpcymo482079D838YUawFixr1Rtn0zKIx8Oi7X1EaoAK_RAIWdzo0VQbyPYwz_vVzlF0-ZQkOnYfqa7_9atIxYUpffwEZJs0xQvDCrCBpQgND_P8aEbaaHSu0AyTIr73XnU3gK-AqxqdlT0JBFYQVs8bP8T5lfDe8mUDwQMPY_UKp8pv5f8BhRAjGOAz6lJFX_BvORmOSfqTyLq19lGx05bSpme68dFDKVA6bU0Ais_9rrDWQ6AqFLmklY7-i34xM2FtjcKlHKW6zlJTctR6Q3k3GpwxJnjRNj-plmLp29X3ruJBRd3igHK8RfCnWIbEIVILZTcl8PYM6KWnJeLNfaObIHIwbvxi7iR-copM39lOw99RI2eikjR2w6cUXOxWkuO-_UOFXtrvq_zA0CHt_6KJyp5JD_I1udQljRn7xHegL9VC6M61gtcNgPH1_P51X-QpbBml78Y4=w675-h900-no
fU1gLPNTwlORgTfhEW6Sq0SXE-SmOF5INnRBnMjgivrc3WYAb57ZHW5H6F4OnbW-TeBqFgla_kA5RWwvEfy-_YpJrepoero4DirzlQWBrjzOk6TUicOq3bfllsHb_OjULXBQQ69nmMUbVCEulIg0xq-WvvnmRDzNNXGHjNxfiueUpmS19n2Tu7JSojIEQ0DKAu0NRZL3mI1rOeiy_5hgvHqj9crpcQpH483myykZuuxwyUI9TO0Bx0n20ovPMezrxVLmezXNYt41aiX5H-weYlQkZPtMFJLPVZ6W1aw3bdd-CWZEs54vXf3ktOaCXK1iTnLs0CFGsObDLp-bHBO9lW_hY4OA5OV0NztUeWHudRHeCs89H-1uiRXrdKuOtA035n-B_ozMpDDYDxcdHfRKlSXd-K5X8qWHkEzsJCRcVuZ06z-m-etgjUxENt_V38SlhDJCDnYxMO2UH4vkIxlW_xtppCm6c35U56CPKNptYdwzeUjBS3U9930Qn7_9aK96zSKbjr3yvmviWwGl6P0u-V-j5FI0Pb_quKk-X7BrNcltF_u5JttZ7ih7KmZPa_qlVA77Dm-tPCqeVl1F8o5gPfYp_lTLrAfkZGRXIa9KE3EXBbF28Ka4nuPDkVH7ldrfKBVQUvBKOXntCxkI60KUudZlvV3DF_A=w675-h900-no
-5kzq9WhZ1FIc_jiuSzqqgjSJwpgYNZvTnZzcrO4YLvcpIe-sjBIvG9aiqZIv-1FVMQjU6OkeUpQsal2QySlrjWhlX0MnK9QEIspwNtTtGMSTuW0qGB7CUFBGQ2gi4V5IoHMb3ZFycdRfE8tv79rAXSrtdYZ5WQnQAwTiP00agRSDQSE1nBeuukLhjMSQC0WcVMYBj6FuOPNMTsHzhuzkwyCg-pUjPiBMpw1gAeQy8lmu-IaP5_q8wqMj-hdbe20Z8F4tDH1z-_FHCcV9y9NXwBxZ97nW4QRTJX1O_RE05rCxkj6hmBfHMTDbGilnWDA-xGpRylrOV6JVIFEYojEEy4RG-1HO0dH34G-JB8t8QixR6ck-B1vBHsbgKPQ2Vxqtkc7nWa6-tNj2s_8JQIVdDPYTTL2wY3uAb-p_VzikQNqlfKkgsGTC3WAl8MEoHE5IcZ080QdYULOvRaIN-W6T8iOTrjArwetcT3tHafJt5-cojvlvX4pcy_vnR_o5CBm5Lq4QceJCrJ4EmCb8h5JNyYU2kGILilgNgoRSf-4sgoG2M_yOpe7ar1d9fCG5G47-rb7yv5dYmDbTCF3_2GGl7xNe4bOqJI84K4J7eyXHIYFwkpqv4sTVUbcFaQ4M676hyXW0D8wVEwS2V3kPMJ1F9s1gIwr5Ms=w633-h844-no

A little bit of dawn and a tooth brush and a good wipe with the Miracle Polishing Cloth...and voila! She is new again! Well not quite...but the Injector looks a lot better! Anyway...I can now see what all the fuss is about. First thing I noticed about the Injector is that it is light. I mean it is really light! Normally I would say "no way Jose" to a super light razor, but this works toward the Injector's advantage. Nice and sharp I BARELY applied any pressure. There was a noticeable difference in the reduction of my three day growth. A three pass shave with a little chasing and I am at a DFS+++. In fact..the only reason why it wasn't a BBS shave was because of the trouble areas on my neck! But even those are noticeably smoother. I think this little guy is here to stay and the search for a other Injectors is on!

As I said earlier...CBL Ghost Lime took the call today. I won't gush over the soap today because we all know what it is capable of. I will say that I love the cooling on this soap and honestly...like it better than my mentholated soaps! Finished off with some Shulton Lime Old Spice. Don't have a lot of this left...but man it is some good stuff. All the goodness of Old Spice...with a healthy dose of lime!
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNJy_jNEBoHysC5l4l7C4PFr7Rg4fyIPm4nM-G6
The Danger Zone:

Busy week ahead for work. It's the end of the month and I am trying to get a couple things finished up so I can go on vacation. But all should be accomplished with plenty of time to spare!

Start the week off strong Cadre!

Score on the jectah and the shave, dude. Try to get you some Supply blades, they're a treat for me. That looks a lot like my G, but I could be wrong. Have a good one!

Back