The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Super Max Platinum (3rd Shave?)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Soap - Oud Minerale
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Penultimate Aftershave: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Sport

Just a quick one today as I got up a little later than I expected! That seems to be happening a lot lately. Anyway...starting off the second half of the Alphabet Soap/Cream and today's letter is "O." So I reached for the first soap that I thought of that began with "O." I reached for CBL Premium Soap - Oud Minerale. I really love this scent and need to find some aftershaves that compliment it. I went for the Aqua Velva Ice Sport that @Majorrich so graciously PIF'd me a while back. All in all it was a pretty good shave. I rushed it a bit but still ended up with a DFS!

The Danger Zone:

The weekend was pretty relaxing, didn't do a whole lot on Saturday. Friday it rained pretty good so I had to wait for the yard to dry out before I start racing around on the Zero Turn Mower. So Saturday I didn't do a whole lot. Sunday mowed the grass, made bone broth and installed an attic tent. I feel moderately accomplished.

It's a short week for me gents and I am really happy for it. I have the Fourth and the Fifth off so it's a four day weekend for me! Such is the plight of a state worker! 🤪

I hope the Cadre starts off their week right! Have a great Monday ladies and gents!

Blade: Super Max Platinum (4th Shave?)
Soap/Cream: Sudsy Soapery - Lavender and Peppermint
Brush: Omega Pro 49 Boar Brush
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Lavender Pour Homme

I't's a "P" shave this morning as I continue with the alphabet themes! And so Peppermint it is! I actually had a few options for soap this morning, but I love this scent profile! One of these days I will try the original in the Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge. But until then, this is a good substitute! Three passes and a little cleanup and things are feeling great. A couple healthy splashes of the Lavender Pour Homme and man the angels are singing. DFS+ this morning! I think four shaves for the Super max Platinum is about it for this blade. It's a pretty good one when it's sharp though.

The Danger Zone:

My behemoth 45 page investigation report was reviewed yesterday and I really thought that there were going to be so many issues with it. Actually there were a couple...but they were super minor. Something that a phone call can't fix. I had to split it up into two reports though...one 30 page report and another 25 page report. I seriously spent more time on writing that report than writing my Capstone Seminar Report in undergrad on Oscar Wilde! Now back to regular sized investigative reports!

Hope the cadre had a great Monday and an even better Tuesday!

A very nice sounding shave actually! Lavender scent has been growing on me lately!

Man that’s a huge report! Your firm certainly gets their money’s worth out of you lol!

I hope that extra 10 pages was just cartoons for enjoyment

I made sure my jots and doodles in the margins illustrated (crudely mind you) the investigation or else the attorneys won't know the ins and outs! 🤪

Really though...the extra 10 pages were things like a new timeline, cover page, etc.

I’m still waiting for the explanation of why there is a tent in the attic 🤔
^^^^ Thank You ^^^^
I thought you guys were joking...sorry.

Attic tents are used to help keep hot or cold air from leaking from the attic into your house. In my case...the attic door is right next to the Air Conditioner intake. So the AC has to take the hot air that is leaking from the attic door and cool it down to recirculate in the house.

This is the one we got.

A couple years ago these things were like $200-$300 and you could only get them from Heating and Cooling companies and then they would have to install them. We bought an attic tent that was available to buy that didn't include installation. But it literally looked like a pup tent that sat over the enterance and you basically just pushed it aside when you wanted to enter the attic.

This is the one we used to have. And at the time I think it cost about $100.

THis one was really easy to install...took less than five minutes. The hardest part of putting it in was loading the staple gun.

Blade: Voskhod (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Queen Charlotte Soap - Esquire
Brush: TSC Member Brush the "Luca Brasi" in Finest Badger by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Ultimate Aftershave: Reuzel

Not a lot of options in the den for a shave with the letter "Q." But I found this gem hiding away! LOVE the performance of Queen Charlotte Soap and love the citrusy sandalwood scent! Sadly, this is another soap maker that went the way of the dodo. But at least I have this puck! The Reuzel aftershave is really more of a lotion than a splash. A bit thicker than Proraso...but not so thick I would call this a balm. It's an okay aftershave...a bit sticky for my taste. I picked it up with an order of Reuzel Pomade once...by the way, the Reuzel Pomades are the bomb! Anyway...the scent is spot on with the Esquire soap! Quick three pass shave with no drama for yo' mama...or your llama...or your llama's mama...who might be the Dalai Lama...wait...that can't be right...Don't think a mama can be the Dalai Lama. But I digest... 🤪 . But really though...three passes and I am sitting here with a DFS!

The Danger Zone:

Oh man! It's Wednesday and normally I would be proclaiming that it's Hump Day! Well, it is not Hump Day. Indeed...It is the beginning of the weekend! And while others may be working for the weekend like the Canadian 80s rock group, Loverboy...I am certainly not working for the weekend! It is the weekend! And tomorrow I am throwing hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill along with whatever else I can find in the fridge!

I hope the Cadre has a wonderful day today!

Last edited:
Caught up! The attic tent is a clever idea. Nice shaves. I bet you were caught by surprise to find that you have a soap with a Q lying around. Haha

The attic access tent is a great idea! Our last house had a pull down stairway that I’m sure would whistle with the cross breeze through the gable vents. A man-cave tent would be a natural!

Back